PDA

View Full Version : Is dyno run necessary?

Nudie
28-03-2012, 11:27 AM
I picked up a full Arrow system and PC5 for a good price from a guy who put his bike back to stock to sell. I fitted it this morning and took it for a quick (rain interupted) run. Not a huge boost in power or torque (seat of the pants test), but it does feel heaps smoother and a nicer note without being noisy.
Since it came off an identical bike, is it worthwhile having it dynoed again? Im happy with it as is.
The bike is a 2010 R1200GS so im not trying to make it something it's not, I just didnt know if all bikes are so different that it would need re-doing.
The usual guy I go to with a dyno has said in the past that he doesnt like BMWs, so i'd need to find someone else. But if it's not a big deal, I wont bother

Chase
28-03-2012, 11:37 AM
Def no expert but if the PC5 is still mapped to the Arrow system for the same bike then I would think you're probably fine. It's probably a stock commander map being a new bike. The proof would be in the ride.

latheboy
28-03-2012, 01:24 PM
I believe you should get it checked.
The Air Fuel ratio is whats important.
Or get yourselve a A/F meter and check yourself, they are fairly cheap now days.
Won't tell you anything about power but it will tell you if it's lean or rich, both can be bad for the motor.

Also you can back to back check the new parts with the old.

Tony Nitrous
28-03-2012, 04:23 PM
I'd be getting it re-mapped or at least checked.

Too many variables for bike to be 100% identical.
Might be close but you'd be spot on with a good operator.

Nudie
29-03-2012, 07:49 AM
Looks like I'd better find me a dyno. Thanks guys

Hillsy
29-03-2012, 02:53 PM
Also, how do you know it was mapped correctly on the other bike?

A full system should give you more of a power boost than you are noticing, I would think.

nick76
29-03-2012, 03:45 PM
Whatever you do,dont go to that local guy of your's. You'd be far better off doing a day trip to Sydney,and maybe seeing Trev at Doin' Bikes. He's good at mapping bikes.

Yella
29-03-2012, 03:52 PM
+ 1 on Trev knowing his stuff

Nudie
30-03-2012, 08:45 AM
Also, how do you know it was mapped correctly on the other bike?

A full system should give you more of a power boost than you are noticing, I would think.

The guy I bought it off is a mate and he gave me the dyno chart in the box with the PC.
The Arrow web site states that the full system will only give you a few hp and a slight torque increase. So I wasnt expecting a huge difference. In fact, if I didnt get it so cheap, I wouldnt bother.