PDA

View Full Version : Vtr Igition

The crow
25-03-2012, 01:33 PM
Hopefully a simple answered question ... I have an 05 vtr 1000 and have had to pull the ignition out due to my wonderfull partner losing the key from her bag.. now i have heard that due to it haveing the HISS system on it i may need codes or specialy cut key to be able to start the bike again ... Is this true ??? Or will i be just fine going to my local locksmith and haveing him re-key the lock

nick76
25-03-2012, 03:08 PM
Im pretty certain the HISS system is a major pain in the ass!!
Especially if you have no key to try and get a code off!!
I have heard some local Locksmiths,can do it,tho u'll have to take your ECU and barrel to them,and i've heard costs are up around the $1000 mark!!!

You could try these guys......
http://www.motomatrix.co.uk/agents.htm

I think its been around the $460 mark for a red and black key coded,including all postage charges.

Alot of guys are getting caught out buying "bargains" from the auctions with no keys,not realising the costs involved in getting Keys,ECUs etc sorted out.

Tony Nitrous
25-03-2012, 03:52 PM
Did someone on here buy a bike with HISS and no key ?
then buy a cheap "non-HISS" ECU or loom from the US ?

The crow
25-03-2012, 06:18 PM
oh shit that not good ... my key did not look anything special .. there is a code on top of the ignition could that be right its just three letters and a number.. cing a locksmith on tues .. any further help would be appreciated.. Thx guys

Hillsy
26-03-2012, 09:38 AM
Did someone on here buy a bike with HISS and no key ?
then buy a cheap "non-HISS" ECU or loom from the US ?

I think that was Large. Might have been a CBR6 though (??)