PDA

View Full Version : Heading to Brisbane for xmas

sharky
14-07-2006, 08:17 AM
Me and the wife are heading to Bris for the xmas week to check it out. We are thinking about moving so we thought it would be a good time to see if its as good as they all tell us.[8D]
Can anyone suggest decent self catering type accomodation ?
Our plan is to look around a few areas, house prices etc as well as the work situation ( me a carpenter, her top level P.A.)
More importantly which are the 'dodgy' areas to avoid ? [B)]

14-07-2006, 11:33 AM
Hey Sharky how's it going? Picked up the seat from Post yesterday. It's in top condition, and I like the pattern too. Gonna keep yours and cut my current one.

This is a perfect example of how the members here are (as a rule) more interested in helping one another, not ripping one another off, like a couple of blow ins did recently.

Cheers and beers to you mate.

red
14-07-2006, 11:55 AM
Better hurry up mate, Queensland is nearly full :D

BOHEMION
14-07-2006, 01:48 PM
If your a trady then you will have no Problem getting employment. Your Lady as a P.A will also get employment easily.
I believe P.A's are being hunted for in the government sector as well
www.jobs.qld.gov.au and also the old www.seek.com.au as ive seen lots of P.A positons in there. Good luck mate, Oh and if need a hand around Brissy, Give me a hoi!

Good Hotel with even better restaurant is

Windsor International Motel
4 Star Conference Venue & Accommodation
Cnr Lutwyche Rd & Brydon St Windsor QLD 4030
ph: (07) 3357 3456
They have a Ace Italian restaurant down stairs. But there are other places a walk away to go and eat, Subway, Steakhouse etc etc.

Pegasus Motor Inn & Serviced Apartments
71 Nudgee Rd Hamilton QLD 4007
ph: (07) 3868 1900

Ascot Holiday Apartments
72 Racecourse Rd Ascot QLD 4007
ph: (07) 3268 6366 Holidays & Resorts

These are really centralized, Close to the city (5mins) and also it is exposed to the main roads thaty lead all over Brissy. So if you get lost just find a main road and you should be cool from there. Another reason why I enjoy the northdside.:D

Dodgy areas are most areas out West for e.g. Inala, Ipswich, Dara etc etc. South side is OKAY onluy good places to look at is Cooparoo and Morningside plus some surrounding areas. Truthfully if you looking at South Brisbane then you may aswell go south 30mins more and look around the gold coast.

I've lived Northside on Brisbane for over 12 years, And I love it. I'll give ya the list of areas that I am 'Shopping' for at the moment. I'll highlight the BEST suburbs to live.

Albion
Alderly
Ascot Abit Rich and posh but a great area
Albany Creek
Aspley
Bald Hills
Boondal
Bowen Hills
Bracken Ridge
Carseldine
Chermside
[u]Clayfield</u>- AWESOME spot
Enoggera
Everton Hills
Everton Park
Geebung
[u]Gordon Park </u> AWESOME spot
Hamilton
[u]Hendra</u> Great if you like the horse racing game!
[u]Kedron</u> AWESOME spot
McdowallAway from the city But still great
Mitchelton
Murrumba Downs
[u]Newstead</u>- Very colonial
Nundah
Stafford Heights
Wavell Heights Good time to buy here too

Gix11
14-07-2006, 01:53 PM
I can tell you about the Gold Coast if you want?

suxukifreak
14-07-2006, 03:35 PM
Hey BO, whats wrong with Stafford Hts?! :( ;)

BOHEMION
14-07-2006, 03:44 PM
WHat you talking about I put it in there lol[:p][:p]
Its actually in my original List I must have missed it[B)] If ya wondering Sharky Stafford Heights is close to Everton Heights, is a equally NOICE area. La di da[:p]:D

If I can find somewhere nice to do up or a good price I would ideally like to live around Kedron/Clayfield area.

Large
14-07-2006, 06:21 PM
You could try the Shayyynnneeeeeeeee Hotel :)

sharky
14-07-2006, 08:20 PM
Thanks Boh, thats great. I will check out my brissy map tonight. Maybe even get to meet up with a few of ya over xmas ??

Gix11
16-07-2006, 10:22 AM
Just be careful of the fridge at the Shayyynnneeeeeeeee Hotel. It has some kind of alarm system built into it.

Tony Nitrous
16-07-2006, 11:12 PM
quote:Originally posted by sharky

Me and the wife are heading to Bris for the xmas week to check it out. ( me a carpenter, her top level P.A.)

Russ,

Ellie on this site (Mistress Ellie) is a P.A. at a large firm
in the city. I mentioned this post to her and she said something
to the effect of "when can she start"

If your Mrs wants a chat with her one night I have your
number and Ellie said "No problem"

...and Building trade is flat-out up here,
would imagine you could take your pick!

Might have to think about an ASF Xmas piss-up

Tony.J.

sharky
17-07-2006, 07:07 AM
Thanks Tony, So far everything is looking good for us moving.
Flights are booked, dogs are off to Pam-purred pets for the week...They wont wanna come home.
I will mention your message to her tonight....she's rushing round late for work right now.....

sharky
08-11-2006, 11:54 AM
Well folks we're planning our itinererery thing so just wondering
WHENS THE PARTY :D.
If/when best time to arrange to meet up ?
We're staying in the city centre and will be hiring a car.

sharky
14-11-2006, 06:50 PM
So was it all talk you QLD'ers ???
'Every days a party' you said......We've got plans to make so if anyone wants to meet up for a beer let me know .

papa smurf
14-11-2006, 07:45 PM
Hey Sharky, if you can give us dates we'll see if we can fit you in;)
Seriously tho' it sounds like a top idea, ASF christmas piss up woohoo.
Between work & the drags we don't actually get much of a social life:(
Hey Bo, ya left out Warner, what's wrong with Warner?;)

14-11-2006, 07:56 PM
Im up for several beers in my Santa suit.How bout 1 of the Brizzy members put on a BBQ and a few strippers. ...Tony,Des???

crazymofo
14-11-2006, 08:04 PM
im there!

cheers.joe.

Gix11
14-11-2006, 08:22 PM
I'll chip in for strippers. Get me a floor to sleep on and I'm there as well. I would suggest here but I don't own the place. If I still lived at my place I'd put on the do for sure. Brissy might be better as it's central for everyone. Cue show of hands from Brissy boys please......

I don't want to nominate Supercharger again, but what a venue! I also have some stripper numbers........

sharky
14-11-2006, 08:35 PM
Thats more like it..:D We're flying in on Sat 23rd and head off to Sydney on the following friday (29th). Be great to meet up wiv a few of ya.

Gix11
14-11-2006, 08:40 PM
You staying up in Brissy? I guess we have to have it up there then. Come on lads. Hands up.

sharky
14-11-2006, 09:26 PM
We're staying in the city centre but as I said above we will have transport so whatevers good.