PDA

View Full Version : gixxer1100 clutch cover

Watto
15-11-2007, 01:42 PM
Fellas

are the slabby and slingshot 1100 clutch covers the same or different?

reason for asking is that wouldn't mind getting a windowed one for the slabby motor (will be contacting Deano once I know the answer:D) and thought about grabbing one for the cutting/fitting of the window and keeping a solid one as a spare

If anyone happens to have a spare slabby clutch cover surplus to needs, drop us a line

Cheers
Watto

BANDITROD
15-11-2007, 08:35 PM
best bet would be to send deano an email mate he knows his shit about these things

Deano
15-11-2007, 09:30 PM
they show on the parts list as 2 different part numbers. but i am sure they are the same.

i no the 750 slabby with hyd clutch is different in the shape of the sphere where the window goes but cant say exactly if they are the same or not.

if i was a betting man i would say that they are able to be interchanged

the only difference in the part no could be a small difference in the paint color from slabby to slingy or even the oil capacity that is moulded into the cover could be greater or less between the 2 models but i am sure the cover wlll interchange.

slabby covers have different webbing in the inside and are thicker aswell

Watto
16-11-2007, 10:57 AM
thanks fellas

deano - will try to round up another slabby cover otherwise once my motor rocks up from shayne, I'll pull the cover off and drop ya line

Watto