PDA

View Full Version : What would you do ??

K6Thou
12-03-2012, 06:52 PM
Righto lads I have the time off work approved and I was getting geared up for the ride down to AFR, but my mum has been pretty crook lately and has just been granted a permanent spot in a local nursing home, shes really not in a good way.

Having said that she will more than likely still be here when I get back from AFR. I'm doing everything for her ie enduring power of attorney sorting out the packing up of her house etc, sorting phone and power and anything else that she needs done outside of the nursing home.

So what would you do ?

Ride to AFR ?
Stay home ?

BANDITROD
12-03-2012, 06:57 PM
ask your mum mate i had to make a simular choice a few years back and i asked the question and got told to go on and do what makes me happy in the end she still pulled through till i got back ...call me a cunt if you want but thats just my 2c

bluedrags
12-03-2012, 07:02 PM
There's always going to be another AFR.

Redmohawk
12-03-2012, 07:05 PM
You know your mum/your relationship with her . Only you can answer the question , I talk to my parents but dont get along with my family I'd go.

Iceman
12-03-2012, 07:45 PM
Last year when I arrived at AFR I found out my Dad was in a pretty bad way. I was debating on turning around and riding the 800k's home but my Mum said not to bother as there was nothing I could really help with, so I stayed, had a ball for the weekend and went to see him when I got back. He's alot better now, so I guess I'm lucky. I'd say talk to her and see what she thinks.

Chase
12-03-2012, 08:14 PM
If you did go would your head be at home?
If you stayed home would your head be at AFR?

Gotta be where your heads at, otherwise there's no point being there..

Hagarr
12-03-2012, 09:33 PM
If you did go would your head be at home?
If you stayed home would your head be at AFR?

Gotta be where your heads at, otherwise there's no point being there..

Them's the words for me ^^^^^^^ !

oldskool
13-03-2012, 11:09 AM
Your mother will always be the most important woman in your life, do anything in your power for her and repay the greatest gift she gave to you, Life.

Be strong brother.

Shadowzone
13-03-2012, 01:36 PM
Your mother will always be the most important woman in your life, do anything in your power for her and repay the greatest gift she gave to you, Life.

Be strong brother.

My Mother may have given me life, but she hasn't given me anything of value since.

Ultimately the call is yours to make. I say ask her (assuming she is mentally capable of discussing with you the options). In the event she isn't, speak to the staff at her home. If she is likely to make it past the time of leaving and returning etc; then I say do it. Remember - You can always fly home and ship your bike back up later on. I'm sure ther will be someone able to run it to Brissy in a Ute (Or Jimmy's Van if he is still heading back and forth) where you can collect it one Saturday down the track if things take a turn for the worse unexpectedly. Flights are cheap (or not so if you get screwed into flying Virgin) fast and efficient, and can be had reasonably quickly.

K6Thou
13-03-2012, 05:07 PM
Thanks for the advice guys. Mum relies on me to drop in and see her after work and on the weekends etc, it always puts a smile on her face and seeing as how my fucked up brother and sister are too busy with their bongs and shit to travel less distance to see her than I do..... I'm going to stay and look after her so it'll have to be next year for AFR.

Thanks again.

Tony Nitrous
13-03-2012, 06:27 PM
Mum relies on me to drop in and see her after work and on the weekends etc, it always puts a smile on her face and seeing as how my fucked up brother and sister are too busy with their bongs and shit to travel less distance to see her than I do

From that it sounds like your doing the right thing to me.

Tony.

RevHead
13-03-2012, 06:48 PM
My Mother may have given me life, but she hasn't given me anything of value since.

Ultimately the call is yours to make. I say ask her (assuming she is mentally capable of discussing with you the options). In the event she isn't, speak to the staff at her home. If she is likely to make it past the time of leaving and returning etc; then I say do it. Remember - You can always fly home and ship your bike back up later on. I'm sure ther will be someone able to run it to Brissy in a Ute (Or Jimmy's Van if he is still heading back and forth) where you can collect it one Saturday down the track if things take a turn for the worse unexpectedly. Flights are cheap (or not so if you get screwed into flying Virgin) fast and efficient, and can be had reasonably quickly.

mate im in the same boat as STU ,,but it sounds like you and your Mum are close good call to stay and look after her ,see you next year fella

Redmohawk
13-03-2012, 07:56 PM
Good call .

oldskool
13-03-2012, 08:10 PM
Thanks for the advice guys. Mum relies on me to drop in and see her after work and on the weekends etc, it always puts a smile on her face and seeing as how my fucked up brother and sister are too busy with their bongs and shit to travel less distance to see her than I do..... I'm going to stay and look after her so it'll have to be next year for AFR.

Thanks again.
Good choice brother.

Large
13-03-2012, 08:52 PM
Sounds like the rapetrailer needs a new victim