PDA

View Full Version : GS500 N00B Street Fighter Build

Rafsta
09-03-2012, 04:04 PM
My first bike 08 GS500 Suzuki. Used to be a GS500F before I bought it. Never done any sort of bike modifications before in my life but I wanted to have a go at it and came up with this. Made the rear seat cowl my self out of fiber glass. Let me know what you think.

http://s11.postimage.org/j71l9tlqr/IMAG0435.jpg (http://postimage.org/image/4b3228abz/full/)
free image hosting (http://postimage.org/)

Yella
09-03-2012, 04:17 PM
Nice but for some reason everytime I look at a 500 it screams SLAP A TURBO ON ME

Rafsta
09-03-2012, 04:39 PM
Nice but for some reason everytime I look at a 500 it screams SLAP A TURBO ON ME

A turbo would be nice no doubt. However I'm still on P plates and it's my only mode of transport. I'm just happy it's not a stock GS no more to be honest, as I could not stand looking at the bike stock.

xa-mont
09-03-2012, 06:59 PM
good move not turboing it then... GS turbos aren't very reliable are they iceman? :P

Iceman
10-03-2012, 05:09 AM
good move not turboing it then... GS turbos aren't very reliable are they iceman? :P
Turbo GS's are fine. It's the fuel injected ones that are the problem :p

ALBI
10-03-2012, 09:38 AM
not bad for youre first build mate !!
personally i think the tail needs to be downsized a little????

Rafsta
10-03-2012, 10:57 AM
not bad for youre first build mate !!
personally i think the tail needs to be downsized a little????

Thank you ALBI. I absolutly agree with you on the size of the tail. It was my first time ever messing about with fiberglass and when I was making the seat cowl form I miscalculater the fact it would be a bit larger once fiberglass was on it. I learned from that mistake and when I finaly get a decent bike to do the results should improve. Still I'm quiet proud of what I achived considerning I'm a N00B. The other members on this forum have absolutly stunning bikes and I can't wait to get started on my next bike. I want to get a TLR1000 to work on for my next project and hopefully have it ready in time for when I get off my restricted licence.

Mods I did so far are;
Rear fender trim
SV650 Chain Guard
R&G Frame sliders
HID front light
LED brake light
LED indicators
Belly Pan
Seat Cowl
CBR rider & passanger pegs
Slipon exhaust
Drag Bar
Mirrors
Bar Grips

RevHead
10-03-2012, 12:22 PM
,nice start to your fighter project

ALBI
10-03-2012, 03:01 PM
Thank you ALBI. I absolutly agree with you on the size of the tail. It was my first time ever messing about with fiberglass and when I was making the seat cowl form I miscalculater the fact it would be a bit larger once fiberglass was on it. I learned from that mistake and when I finaly get a decent bike to do the results should improve. Still I'm quiet proud of what I achived considerning I'm a N00B. The other members on this forum have absolutly stunning bikes and I can't wait to get started on my next bike. I want to get a TLR1000 to work on for my next project and hopefully have it ready in time for when I get off my restricted licence.

Mods I did so far are;
Rear fender trim
SV650 Chain Guard
R&G Frame sliders
HID front light
LED brake light
LED indicators
Belly Pan
Seat Cowl
CBR rider & passanger pegs
Slipon exhaust
Drag Bar
Mirrors
Bar Grips
mind you ,you are up on me for glass work im still doing research so i can make my speedo mount !!!!
at least you have done it and given it a go ,and learnt!!!