PDA

View Full Version : Asf noob from tas

Kane
08-03-2012, 03:40 PM
Hi all,
First off my name is Kane and I live down in good old Tasmania.
I am new to the street fighter scene and only recently purchased my first project bike, a 1982 CB900F.
I will post a few pics of my new beast and the stages for far.
I have very limited mechanical ability so my mechanic it doing most of the mechanical stuff!!

Still trying to figure out how to post pics so a few of the bike to come, but I have had pods installed and arse end cleaned out. I will be getting a nice aluminium battery box to conceal as much as I can. (I like the clean see through look)
If someone has some suggestions for an easy fit bars/clip onns and fitting options (remember noob) would be great. I have had the tank sprayed pearl white and I have a new cafe style seat on the way (good old ebay!!) The next thing is decals!!! Should I go for race style number on the tank or old school Freddy Spencer honda stripes or something else???

Any suggest would be great, and I will keep posting the pics as things progress I know there is a fair bit to go!!

Cheers,
Kane

Gix11
08-03-2012, 03:44 PM
Welcome aboard mate. There's no such thing as easy fit without paying top dollar or replacing it with original items - it's all easy fit if you know what you're doing. Tell us what you want and we'll tell you how to do it.

By the way, check here for inspiration: http://www.streetfighters.com.au/forum/showthread.php?13036-Honda-CB-Fighters - The older models are in there as well.

http://i1136.photobucket.com/albums/n487/gitzy841/Honda/CB Fight/CB028.jpg

Kane
08-03-2012, 04:04 PM
Hey Gix11,

Cheers for the welcome mate and the pics.
I really like the Freddy Spencer replicas but I also really dig cafe racer so....... I might try to incorperate both :cool:
I will see how the orginal bars look once I lower them and make a decision then. Yeah I may well need your help as to how to fit but we will see.

Some really sweet machines poking around on this site!!

Look forward to chatting to everyone.

Cheers,
Kane

JDinOZ
09-03-2012, 10:21 AM
Welcome mate, good luck with your build

TheRussian
09-03-2012, 03:14 PM
Welcome and very nice bike mate.