PDA

View Full Version : What do you think of the 2004 CBR1000?

wackyrider
07-03-2012, 08:05 PM
Looking for opinions on the Honda CBR1000 2004 model. Past experiences, test rides etc. How's handling, power, accelaration, etc...

Seem slightly underpowered compared to a ZX10 of the same rear from the quick research I have done.

Gitzy, do you know of any sites to compare the bikes?

Slain
07-03-2012, 08:19 PM
had my brothers one for 8 months. 05 (same shit) with akra titanium can and a pc3. Nice bike. i reallyliked it. didnt feel quick and caught me out a few times but its because its such easy to use power and handling. handling was awesome. biggest gripes were rear brake is flintstones grade, shift light on gauge cluster is near impossible to see and it took a bit to crank over before firing. My brother is a lazy shit and the only servicing the bike has received is when i did it with one major service and a plug change and it is up to 70k odd on the odo.

Interms of fighter spec, shit looking frame in my opinion, may be hard to mount bars with the stock electronic damper (which works very well) and the wiring looks like shit from the factory.

Gitzy
07-03-2012, 08:23 PM
Hmmm I do remember using a comparo website before but can't remember what its called or where it is Jules.. I'll have a looksy..

oldskool
07-03-2012, 10:14 PM
At the end of the day..................dirty Honda.

wackyrider
07-03-2012, 11:10 PM
At the end of the day..................dirty Honda.

Now that's an in depth, technical reply with stats and personal experience if I ever heard one :p

hooligan
08-03-2012, 01:13 AM
I did the blade blast when they released the 954 in '02 and the 1000rr in '04. It was at eastern creek, paid your $50, and got a session on your bike, and a session on the new blade to show why yours was crap and you needed a new blade.
both were both really good bikes, and very easy to ride, deceptively fast, and did everything they were supposed to really well. They were both a nice, realiable, complete package. And bland compared to the fightered 711 that i had.
However, just like the bland honda vfr that i started with for my current fighter, i am sure that theres an animal in there somewhere. If the price is right, go for it. Add a quick action throttle, change sprockets accordingly , decent pipe.....

Watto
08-03-2012, 10:48 AM
mate has an 05 model and he described it as boring to ride - mind you he said when he actually looked at the speedo he was going well quicker than he thought - he said it is just so sorted you don't feel like you are going as fast as you are

wackyrider
08-03-2012, 11:10 PM
So is that good or bad???

oldskool
08-03-2012, 11:24 PM
Honda's are parsay dude..........................uninspiring, a great lack of yeeehaaaaaa where out of here ma Niggas.
Its like a dead root, well ye you get your end away but she didn't stick her finger up ya bum or anything.
Like I said A Dirty Honda.

Watto
09-03-2012, 12:34 AM
So is that good or bad???

I took it as good in that it appears an 'easy' bike to ride and to ride fast

The bad I guess is you don't get that ' feeling' of a ball tearing ride that just makes it so much more enjoyable I guess you could call it character

hooligan
09-03-2012, 07:18 AM
Honda's are parsay dude..........................uninspiring, a great lack of yeeehaaaaaa where out of here ma Niggas.
Its like a dead root, well ye you get your end away but she didn't stick her finger up ya bum or anything.
Like I said A Dirty Honda.

Isn't it strange that we modify bikes to upgrade them, to make them better to ride, and when there's a bike that is already good, it becomes boring?

I think it depends an what you want to do with the project. If you want to just make cosmetic changes and have a reliable fighter, the blade would be a good choice, as it's already got a great engine and great suspension.
I think they are an easy bike to ride fast. But like the 3 of us have said, they don't have that "oh my fucking god" grin factor as they are.
My 711 had that grin factor, but when it had an issue, i wanted to set the motherfucker on fire. I am aiming for a happy medium with my vfr8 that i'm doing now.
like i said, i think it depends what you want to get as the end result. A complete animal, or a well trained guard dog.
or as OS said, just blow your load, or get your arse fingered at the same time. Which is an insight into Dylan that i am not sure that i wanted.

wackyrider
09-03-2012, 11:39 AM
I might be going to check out a 2004 Gixxer thou with engine damage tomorrow, so I might own a Suzi by the end of the week ;)

Kramer
09-03-2012, 05:40 PM
I have a fightered 04 cbr1000 and can really agree with what hooligan says its really reliable, i use it as my everyday bike its comfortable easy too ride. Its the first 1000 ive ridden though so cant reallly compare it too much but it feels fairly animal when you open it right up, i can click 2nd under power and the front comes right up. Without the fairings it makes a huge difference too how fast it feels like your going as well.

Yeah the frame isnt that sexy but you could clean it up pretty well if you had the skill same with the wiring.

I could find a picture and put it up if your interested.

nick76
09-03-2012, 05:52 PM
Who was that Yank that did up his Honda afew times,different types of subframes,paint,and he did something madmax like on the front end???
What was his name??
Im sure that was a cbr1000,and that looked great,tho alot of it was his own fab work.

Kramer
09-03-2012, 06:12 PM
Never heard of it. ive only seen about 5 fightered cbr1000s and none of em where done up a whole lot.

Slain
09-03-2012, 07:04 PM
nick: that was a cbr954.
revoltn was his nickname

nick76
09-03-2012, 07:33 PM
nick: that was a cbr954.
revoltn was his nickname
Thats the bloke...his bikes were nice. I thought they were 1000s.

K6Thou
09-03-2012, 07:52 PM
Hey wacky you have a 5k budget yeah ?

wackyrider
10-03-2012, 04:19 PM
Yeah I do mate, but I just bought a K4 Gixxer this morning