PDA

View Full Version : forget the cats and dogs

scotty
03-03-2012, 04:16 PM
it fookin raining cows and horses here, had 225 ml on thursday and friday and has been pissing down all day today. i recon bout 100 ml this arvo, heard it's heading west. how u fairing ice? look out rod it's coming you way

latheboy
03-03-2012, 06:15 PM
My olds are in Devenish (middle of shept beneller and wang), their house house is on an island now....

I'm in Thread'bro and fuck me its had some rain, the little creek come up 2M.

I finally got to ride the downy on the mountain today after 4 days of being stuck inside and also stuff in town from flooding.

Learn to swim guys

Redmohawk
03-03-2012, 07:06 PM
There was a foot of water over the highway 3 km north of Nagambie thursday morning , seems some clown in a bombadoor hit it at 100 found a gum tree 400 m down the road . Looked a little frazzled standing next to the road with a copper babysitting him. Seems the new freeway work has made a great big funnel for the water to rush down and cross the highway. Most of north east of shep is boat transport atm.

BANDITROD
04-03-2012, 12:47 PM
we had a little bit overnight but its nothing but sunshine here at the mo

Redmohawk
04-03-2012, 01:11 PM
Rain stopped here last night about 12ish but the river is still on the way up atm , takes about 24 hours to get from the hills down to seymour then another 24 to shep. The areas already floaded NE of shep will cop it all about 12 to 24 hours after that. Most of the smaller roads around the area are closed but the main highways are still open at this stage. Off to benalla might close, its low and very close to the broken river (which has broken its banks) Its not that bad here but there are alot of people with very wet houses, about 3000 people out of homes atm. Prob is the areas flooded and built on are old flood plains , fertile but your going to get wet sooner or later. Goulburn in shep has broken its banks and is running over road at the back of town but not anywhere near encroching on cbd.

DCRacing
05-03-2012, 08:04 AM
Red, You need to get that boat you were working on going..........

Redmohawk
05-03-2012, 05:48 PM
You could make some real money here with a hovercraft atm , Just ferrying beer to booster for a start. Text him today to check all was ok , he is high n dry but getting beer stocks is tricky as the roads are blocked.