PDA

View Full Version : '99 copper/silver Hayabusa for sale

sen
29-02-2012, 02:20 PM
Yup. Making this thread SUCKS. :(

The original infamous unrestricted 1999 copper/silver Hayabusa.

It's in tidy-as-fuck condition, and I've spent a fair bit of cash getting it into as perfect condition as I can since buying it last year.

Serviced by Lloyd Penn just a couple months ago. New front tyre, steering head bearings, changed all fluids + filters, new fork seals and oil, etc etc etc.

Has a fair few k's on the clock (100,000'ish, will check when I get home), but it's been looked after extremely well, is entirely stock apart from the yoshi's, and purrs like a kitten. From what I've been told, 100k for a busa is it just warming up!

Absolutely NOTHING needs doing. This is the cleanest/tidiest '99 busa you'll find. Gets people talking every time I pull into a servo or ride anywhere.

Asking for $7900, not (very) negotiable.

I really REALLY don't want to sell, but I can't ride anymore, and I need money for medical costs.

Located in Sydney. No test rides unless you're a known/regular member here.

http://i.imgur.com/YKUH9.jpg

El_Hefty
29-02-2012, 02:50 PM
sorry to hear Sen i know how much you wanted this bike

sen
29-02-2012, 03:47 PM
Thanks mate. Considered sticking it in loungeroom just as a thing to look at but my medical stuff is costing me $20k/yr so need to sell lots of crap.

ALBI
29-02-2012, 06:59 PM
oh lord !!!! does that meen no more riding at all??? or just for now???

sen
29-02-2012, 07:37 PM
No more at all.

Maybe one day I'll fighter one of those Can Am Spyders or build a trike with a kicked up rear or something ;) For now though, every cent I have is going into cancer treatment.

Gix11
29-02-2012, 07:44 PM
Fuck that, let's get you sorted with an R1 powered Raptor (saw one in our campsite at the TT last year and fuck did it fly!):

Good luck with the sale mate, sorry to spam the post but it's a sad day and I hate the idea of you going without.

mr.zxr
03-03-2012, 10:46 PM
Fuck i wish i could help. My father in law has cancer and it's fucked, but we do all we can. i hope you have good support from your family and friends mate. He was told 6 months to live 5 yrs ago, so stay strong. if i had the money i would buy the bike and ya treatment mate but all i can offer is kind words.

RevHead
04-03-2012, 09:47 AM
well said mr.zxr ,

Tony Nitrous
04-03-2012, 02:10 PM
Sorry to hear this.

The original 99/copper is getting collectable.
Some folk like having the "original".

I've had a sell possesions i've loved.
Fight the fights that are more important,

If it doesnt sell here i'll post a link up elsewhere if you like ?

Fingers crossed for you.

sen
04-03-2012, 03:16 PM
Thanks for all the kind words guys.

Definitely sucks I've gotta sell it, but I'd rather someone else was using it than it just sat in my garage, since it's such a nice bike. I knew the time was coming where I couldn't ride anymore but was hoping it wouldn't be so soon.

I'll throw it up on BikeSales/eBay this week, see how that goes.

Tony: Yeah any spreading of this link would be great, thanks. I'm slightly negotiable on the price for members here or friends of members.

sen
15-03-2012, 04:55 PM
Price dropped slightly. Just got back from more hospital tests, and I go back in on Apr 10 for another round of treatments, so this bike needs to be sold now.

Jed
16-03-2012, 01:55 PM
Mate sorry that you have to sell this due to shit circumstances. I may be able to help you out though. I am in the process of selling my house and moving back up to QLD. I have permission from the finance minister to buy another bike when the house sells. So, if this is still around when that happens we'll talk.
In the meantime all the best with your treatment. Hope all goes well. I lost a brother 18 months ago to this shit and i know you need all the support you can get. Good Luck

Cheers, Jed

sen
06-04-2012, 10:38 AM
Sold pending payment.

Jockney Rebel
07-04-2012, 12:37 AM
i can back sen up on this i brought the bike down for him ..its mint ...mate i reckon ur a good case for a ASF whip round ..hope things get better for you mate ..why doesnt this shit happen to cunts instead of good blokes

K6Thou
07-04-2012, 02:26 AM
i can back sen up on this i brought the bike down for him ..its mint ...mate i reckon ur a good case for a ASF whip round ..hope things get better for you mate ..why doesnt this shit happen to cunts instead of good blokes
I'd be in for that Jimmy.....