PDA

View Full Version : You went HOW fast ???!!!!

Rocket
14-07-2006, 06:45 AM
I rang Holeshot Racing in the UK on Tuesday to talk to Jack Frost about some parts.
Some bloke at his work shop said he was out on his bike for the day and to call back tomorrow.
I remember thinking "geez I bet HIS bike is a good-un"

So I called back on Wednesday and managed to speak to Jack.
Apparently, "being out on his bike" actually translates to spending the last three days making an attempt on the british land speed record on his 700hp (fuck me!!!) Turbo Hayabusa.

He said he recorded 257mph one way, which I think was above the record, but couldn't stay within the required percentage on his return run to take the record home, but was apparently happy as he was really hoping to just crack 250 at this stage....ahem.

He also took out my "Coolest Bloke I've Spoken to This Week Award" when I said to him "700 horsepower !!! That must be fun to play with!" and he coolly replied with "yeah mate, it's orright"

sluglie
14-07-2006, 07:23 AM
met mr frost once at a bike meeting in london many moons ago, he was just as chilled out then (he was riding a turboed gsxr1100 that he was just 'playing around with' i think the thing had about 17-18 flb of boost dailed in and a micky thompson street slick on the back) one seriously cool guy

Booster
14-07-2006, 09:09 AM
That is fast and he came second! Fastest was 265.4mph one way .
Turbo ZX12 came third fastest at 240mph

Gix11
14-07-2006, 02:04 PM
Yea. I know Jarrod. That bastard tried to rope me into his stunt display at the '97 TT Straightliners event. "Come on Si, you'll love it" he says, so I think about it and ask him where his girlfriend is and he says he crashed while practising last week and she was smashed up. I decided that was a good time to say "no thanks mate". My favourite event with Jarrod (Jack) was at the Bradford Dyno Shootout when he had his turbo spondon and the wheel kept breaking free of the rollers at around 270bhp. Even with Chris (The Cannon) Hannam:

http://www.dragbikes.ndirect.co.uk/images/contest/Chris%20Hannam%206.jpg

sat on it (and he ain't small as you can see) and jack pushing the back down it still broke free. He's a top bloke who loves power. An awesome drag racer/ stunt rider/ and 300kmh wheelie record holder (for a while there - that also nearly killed him) and all round top bloke.