PDA

View Full Version : More scammers....

Hillsy
22-02-2012, 09:33 AM
Slightly different this time.

I was looking at bike a few weeks back on eBay for a mate:

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/270908663010?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

He didn't buy it, but it sold for $6250.

Now this bike appears on Gumtree for $5000:

http://brisbane.gumtree.com.au/c-Cars-Vehicles-Motorbikes-Parts-motorbikes-motorcycles-scooters-motorbikes-motorcycles-Suzuki-Boulevard-Cruiser-VL800-W0QQAdIdZ356534459

Same bike…..same pics…..same blurb….but no phone number….

So I’m suspicious, but send an email anyway. And here is the scam-arsed response:

From: andrew & cindy norman [mailto:n.cyndy191@gmail.com]
Sent: Wednesday, 22 February, 2012 8:25 AM
To: Hills, Anthony
Subject: Re: Reply to your "Suzuki Boulevard Cruiser VL800" Ad on Gumtree

Hello,

Please excuse me for the delay, but I have a crazy schedule at the hospital, I'm a surgeon and this is the soonest I could get to a computer.
Offering for sale is a Suzuki Boulevard Cruiser VL800 with no finance on it.
Excellent condition, no scratches, no dents, no accident damage, always garage kept when not in use.
It has only 8360kms! Log book and full service history available.
I have never had an issue with this motorcycle since purchasing it.

Here are a couple of features to begin with:

Manufactured:Suzuki Feb 2008
Colour: Black
Model: CL50 VL800
Body/Type:Chopper, Cruiser
Engine: 0.1 litre
Has Road Worthy Certificate valid until DEC 2012.
Rego: 101HH
VIN: JS1BM111300101595

The final price is AU$ 5000. I'm only selling it because I've moved overseas in the UK a month ago after a 11 year stay and I didn't manage to sell it before my departure.
I wish to conclude the transaction through Escrow Trust Australia for both of us to be protected.
They act as a neutral third party, they will take motorcycle of the shipping and everything. If you are interested please let me know and I will explain the entire process. The motorcycle is garaged in a self storage unit managed by Escrow Trust. They can also have it delivered up to your place for no additional charges, if needed.
The delivery will take from 1 to 3 days, depending on your location.
I am offering 5 days time to have it inspected and to check on the papers.
Also, may I ask where are you located ?
If you have any questions regarding this sale, please feel free to ask.

Kind regards,
Andrew Norman

Nice :mad:

USH
22-02-2012, 10:08 AM
I got the same thing on gumtree with a HQ Monaro I was looking at. The add was pretty vague, said it was located in Melbourne. Sent an email regarding it and waited a week for reply. I got something very similar to what you got. The bloke said he was overseas for work and wanted the transaction to go through a 3rd party like yours. He then said it was in a shipping yard in Darwin and further pictures had the car registered in NSW....
I left that one well enough alone...

Ush

Gix11
22-02-2012, 02:52 PM
This shit must work on some people or else they wouldn't keep trying. If you're grammar is good you can spot it within the first sentence, this is not the grammar of an English speaking surgeon. If grammar's not your strong point then the instant declaration of an esteemed occupation is the next give-away, and if you still didn't get it from that, the overseas and Escrow are dead-set giveaways. Fuckwits like this really piss me off.

JackTar
22-02-2012, 06:24 PM
Well then lucky he has moved to the UK Si ;)

Gix11
22-02-2012, 07:34 PM
It is, isn't it?

wackyrider
22-02-2012, 11:16 PM
lol.

I had to convince a friend that someone in Singapore who wanted to buy his car was not quite right. He wasn't used to using ebay and the like...

He was glad he listened in the end.

sen
27-02-2012, 10:34 AM
Simple rule is that if they ever want to use ANY type of payment service (Escrow, Wire services, etc), and they're overseas, it's a scam. I won't even deal with local people who want to use a payment service.

People who are overseas and need to sell something here legitimately, will get a local friend to handle the transaction, and anyone local can just use EFT at the bank rather than a third party service.

Hillsy
27-02-2012, 07:09 PM
He also has a Road Worthy Certificate which is valid to Dec 12.

Funny, all the "normal" ones I've seen are only valid for 6 weeks.......

Snake_Doctor
05-03-2012, 10:08 PM
MMMMMM!!!! Gramma OOO sorry wrong type of Grammar , YER !! here here Fucking Scamming Bastards!!!!!