PDA

View Full Version : Busa front radiator gap.

NakedTurboBusa
11-11-2007, 05:47 PM
Can someone please get of what ever your on ( heres where i could use some really funny standard crap, but my hands are greessssy, and my arsehole is sore, from being fingered by my bike all day.) and measure between front tyre and radiator at closest point...whilist on side stand...

Im pulling all my rake back to standard..... radiator needed a hammer and intercooler needed much more!!!

Please help fuckers.

"standard busa" only, as I only have access to turboed items!!!

Pete

ozkat
11-11-2007, 06:16 PM
quote:Originally posted by NakedTurboBusa

Im pulling all my rake back to standard..... radiator needed a hammer and intercooler needed much more!!!

Pete
I get about 70mm, with wheel straight and on sidestand at normal height. Pretty fuckin hard to measure accurately tho. Im pretty sure its close tho. Thats why im putting a water to air intercooler under the tank of mine.
Shayne

NakedTurboBusa
11-11-2007, 06:44 PM
yep..... sounds like the go...

still rake still out I now have 108mm approx pend where you measure.... that means I now have 48mm in my favor, to pull back..... there has been 65mm lenth in wheelbase at the front axle, with curent fucked up rake...... my angles seem to fit just, maybe!!!!!!!!!!

cheers

Pete

about to start re-machining the triples with ben (thank christ)

There is a few(read as not many) more tricks to get back a few more mm hahahahahahaha

Booster
11-11-2007, 07:06 PM
65mm , that is lots Pete , the 5 deg frame rake on my racebike gave me ~50mm , i like the steering esp in dodgy conditions but it is a straight line bike, wouldn't try the hills on it.
Biggest prob i found is fairing clearance, not an issue for you

NakedTurboBusa
11-11-2007, 07:23 PM
sorry 65mm should have read 55mm ...yeah the measurements are full on.... measured 100 different things... I think of got heaps room to get back that 5 degrees..( mine could have been 5.1-5.2 degrees) its too hard to ride fast in the corners as is.....

quote:Originally posted by Booster

65mm , that is lots Pete , the 5 deg frame rake on my racebike gave me ~50mm , i like the steering esp in dodgy conditions but it is a straight line bike, wouldn't try the hills on it.
Biggest prob i found is fairing clearance, not an issue for you

Booster
11-11-2007, 08:10 PM
Clearance depends a lot on how low you take it, deraking will stand the front up more & it will wheelie easier .raising the rear will help turn in too.

NakedTurboBusa
13-11-2007, 08:46 AM
I have had upto 40mm higher at the rear axle,,,,,, with the rake at 5 deg.... even more scetchy around corners.. steering damper been used at all settings.... still scetchy

Ill pull back what ever I can....

FOR A DRAGISH BUSA>>DOES ANYONE WANT TO BUY A SET OF 5 DEG RAKED TRIPLE TREES FOR BUSA.........BEFORE I BEGIN TO GRIND/CUT/MACHINE THEM INTO SUBMISSION ? $800ono

Booster
13-11-2007, 10:17 AM
I'll post on the DLRA and dragbike sites!
I have some std tripples if you want !