PDA

View Full Version : GSX-R1100W 97 clutch curcuit bypass

tas-tech
19-02-2012, 06:57 PM
G'Day, Can anyone help!

I am in the middle of a streetfighter build (Gixxer 1100W 97) most of the front wiring was severed by the LHS fork leg smashing into the frame stop. I have sorted out most of it according to the wiring diagram except for the clutch cut out switch. I might be blind but I can't find it in the diagram at all! I would like to know what color wires to join in the main loom under the fuel tank. Cheers Shane

RevHead
19-02-2012, 07:04 PM
ive got the same model it never had a clutch safety switch ,,check the wiring on your side stand my switch on it shit itself ,and wouldnt let the thing start

tas-tech
19-02-2012, 07:21 PM
Thanks for the reply mine had one as the wires were still plugged in to the switch (about half inch of wire) looks like gray and black/white but not sure due to them being mangaled. I have bypassed the side stand switch already. It cant be this hard probably staring me in the face!!

RevHead
19-02-2012, 07:24 PM
check the colour of the starter solenoid wire ,this shoud help if youve got the harness open trace it ,t see were its buggered

oldskool
19-02-2012, 08:21 PM
What the fuck the starter solenoid has three signal wires how would he know which one gose to the switch?

oldskool
19-02-2012, 08:30 PM
Clutch position switch should be yellow/green, well it is on the 750W.

tas-tech
20-02-2012, 08:01 PM
It's got me fucked!! The plugs from the main loom that come out through the frame one for the ignition switch the other for the rest of the lights,dash etc I have sorted out ( small aftermarket dash) except for one gray wire that is originally for the dash lights which I dont need. Motor turns over no spark. There is a 100ohm 5w resistor in line with the gray wire from the ignition switch I guess this is to either take out the ignition retarder in the lower four gears or raise the rev limiter? I know in the later 1000s the resistor bypasses the ignition coded key set up. This is the first early gixxer I have done only later model 1000s and 750s so not sure of the electrics on the earlier models. There must be a bypass wire lower in the loom somewhere for the clutch.

oldskool
20-02-2012, 08:52 PM
This may sound silly but are the head light relays pluged in?

Clutch switch runs from start solenoid to start button thats it.

tas-tech
21-02-2012, 09:14 PM
All relays plugged in everything works except no spark to coils. So yellow/green from starter relay to starter button - from starter button through stop switch orange/white to coils. Now It has gray from ignition switch (with 100ohm 5w resistor in line ) which goes from gray into orange/blue to fuse #5. The other end of the gray goes to the original dash to feed the backlit dash lights throught the black/white. Is this the problem although if you ground the gray big problems. I hate to admit it but maybe I need an oem front loom to re assess!!!! I HATE IT WHEN I CANT WORK IT OUT

HellRaiser
22-02-2012, 01:00 AM
G'Day, Can anyone help!

I am in the middle of a streetfighter build (Gixxer 1100W 97) most of the front wiring was severed by the LHS fork leg smashing into the frame stop. I have sorted out most of it according to the wiring diagram except for the clutch cut out switch. I might be blind but I can't find it in the diagram at all! I would like to know what color wires to join in the main loom under the fuel tank. Cheers Shane

if you still need it, I can send you the 1100 w manual on PDF. send us your email if you still need it: