PDA

View Full Version : Rossi Disappointment.

damo1
10-11-2007, 04:14 PM
Im disappointed to read that Rossi has stooped so low as to switched from mitchys to brigys saying that its not fair that he doesnt have the best tyres.

Do you think he would have thought it was fair that he had the best tyres when he won all his championships and the others probly didnt?

Its a bit rich i recon Hes pretty much saying that the only reason Casey bet him is because of the tyres.

Bring on next year i hope that Stoner kicks his arse on the same tyres and that Lorenzo his team mate still on mitchys cannes him as well.

I thought Rossi was a better man than that.

And it will be interesting to see if the mitchys do end up being a better tyre if he bails on bridgestone half way through the season back to mitchys to have the best tyre since they will really only be on the other side of his garage.

Seems the great man is a bad loser.

Cruisecontrol
10-11-2007, 04:37 PM
He took a team and manufacturer from nowhere to multiple world championships.

I reckon he knows what it takes to win by now.

Blackkat
10-11-2007, 08:34 PM
He was a world champ and could do it again, he just needs to give the skirt back to his mother and harden the fuck up.

loosebruce
10-11-2007, 10:17 PM
2 DNFs in a season due to mechanical failure don't help either.

Tempest
11-11-2007, 02:43 AM
quote:Originally posted by damo1

Its a bit rich i recon Hes pretty much saying that the only reason Casey bet him is because of the tyres.

but i thought stoner only won cause he was on the faster ducati[?];)[?]

fimpBIKES
11-11-2007, 02:51 AM
i think he is making the right move

the new rules obviously suit stones better, he knows his shit and is gonna have to work hard next year with that new teammate he is getting!

chopiesel
11-11-2007, 06:41 AM
i dont have a problem with it, they are all there to win. they get paid alot to do it.

why not give yourself the best chance.

Tone
11-11-2007, 06:46 AM
Good on Casey Stoner,Vale's great to watch ride but I'm hoping Chris Vermuellan does the biz in 08...and Westy too!Suzi,Kwak contenders would be great.

LKC73
11-11-2007, 09:32 AM
I do think Rossi is a bit of a sore losser after many different comments over the last season. He's lost now 2 years in a row, so its got to be hurting him. Rossi is giving himself the best opp he can, coz bridgestone in 08 can still supply as many tyres as the teams want due to development.
But I still would love to see Stoner back it up!

EFE 1230
11-11-2007, 10:51 AM
Rossi has had another dummy spit publicly stating that if yamaha can't improve the bike he's off to ducati in 2009!! I hope Stoner has an airtight contract as he may find himself out on his ear!!

fimpBIKES
11-11-2007, 01:27 PM
i'd be pissed too,
mechanical failures shouldnt happen at that level PERIOD

pt
11-11-2007, 01:38 PM
i don't really give a shit what tyres he is on. watching him ride is amazing (same for stoner). and i agree Fimp. suzuki went from shitbox to no mechanical failures (not 100% sure but close anyway), so what the fuck are yamaha doing? working backwards?

so all in all he can ride whatever he likes so long as he is still riding in the MotoGP field.

debaser
11-11-2007, 05:28 PM
The guy wants to win. Of course he wants the best tyres. The same guy shakes hands and congratulates anyone that beats him. He waited for other riders in the 250's to have someone to race with. He took an under performing yamaha and stuck it up honda for stating it was their bikes not him that made him champ.

If you think he should give his mum's skirt back pull your head out of your arse.

Whats your best time around phillip island in the wet?? Had the back end sliding around with the front end pushing lately.

Didn't think so.

Give them both identical bikes (like he offered biaggi, he even offered biaggi his bike)and see what transpires.

Pab13
11-11-2007, 05:34 PM
i don't care what tyres they are on as long as it's close racing
and all the aussies are up there fighting it out.

Z Power
11-11-2007, 06:11 PM
Why not use control tyres then it's all up to the rider's
then there's no more pissing and moaning.

Cruisecontrol
11-11-2007, 06:22 PM
Cause tyre development ceases.

speeddemon
11-11-2007, 06:58 PM
im hoping it doesnt become just a stoner/rosi comp and think/hope maybe some others (eg Chris V) may give em a hard time every know and then.

Rosi is a bloody good rider with a bloody good team so yamaha need to do some serious development, but thats racing at that level now isnt it, as its all about rider+machine+team+development.

NakedTurboBusa
11-11-2007, 07:30 PM
It would good to see all the bikes within 2-3 % of each other........

There is to many greedy cunts out there for that to happen....

Ill watch anyway!!!

Pete

Matt
12-11-2007, 06:14 AM
quote:Originally posted by damo1

Im disappointed to read that Rossi has stooped so low as to switched from mitchys to brigys saying that its not fair that he doesnt have the best tyres.

Do you think he would have thought it was fair that he had the best tyres when he won all his championships and the others probly didnt?

Bring on next year i hope that Stoner kicks his arse on the same tyres and that Lorenzo his team mate still on mitchys cannes him as well.

I thought Rossi was a better man than that.

And it will be interesting to see if the mitchys do end up being a better tyre if he bails on bridgestone half way through the season back to mitchys to have the best tyre since they will really only be on the other side of his garage.

Seems the great man is a bad loser.

Put yourself in his position, he is under immense pressure to perform, he knows there is a weak link in the the performance of the bike that he thinks can be fixed by swapping tyres, What would you do?

hooligan
12-11-2007, 08:02 AM
I'm with Damo on this one.

He left honda to prove that man was more important than machine, and he did. He (and jeremy burgess)turned the yamaha into a winner.

Now the only reason he's losing is because of the tyres? bullshit. I've read that he threatened to quit if he didn't get the "best" tyres. He's an amazing rider, but that's kinda childish. As for riding each others bikes, it's an empty offer. The factories would never agree, too much on the line if they lost. It was just a way to piss max off and make him look even smalller (if that was possible).

Hillsy
12-11-2007, 11:36 AM
To me Rossi is one of the best riders ever and a true sportsman (the way he shook Nicky Hayden’s hand after last years title loss proved that to me).

Now the problem with GP bikes nowadays is that they are easier to ride than the older bikes. You’ve got traction control, real time engine management and a myriad of other do-hickys that pretty well allow the rider to just nail the throttle and hang on (OK, not quite but you get the idea).

So now we have a field of bikes that are able to be ridden on (or close to) the limit....ALL the time.

Which means that the BIKE is now finding the limit of the tyres – and performing right on it.

Which makes tyre choice (whether it be compound or brand) pretty damn important – and rider skill and bravado a little less so (not that any of those guys are wimps).

So I don’t think he’s being a sore loser for wanting to have a better chance at running at the front.

If he was to change his front forks or brand of brake pads because he found a better one, would it be such a contentious issue?

fimpBIKES
12-11-2007, 03:12 PM
also, i still think that all this will fade away

its the first year of the new rules, one manufacturer (in tyres and bikes) was bound to be ahead of everyone else

give it a bit of time before fucking about with it (control tyres are a stupid fuckin idea)

debaser
13-11-2007, 06:38 AM
quote:Originally posted by hooligan

I'm with Damo on this one.

He left honda to prove that man was more important than machine, and he did. He (and jeremy burgess)turned the yamaha into a winner.

Now the only reason he's losing is because of the tyres? bullshit. I've read that he threatened to quit if he didn't get the "best" tyres. He's an amazing rider, but that's kinda childish. As for riding each others bikes, it's an empty offer. The factories would never agree, too much on the line if they lost. It was just a way to piss max off and make him look even smalller (if that was possible).

Read Rossi's autobiography he also wanted to race anytinhg with max. Scooters even. He also wanted to race all three cc's as well because he missed the competition in 250's and 125's.
If I said lets race around the block? but you must use this old shitter postie bike with enduro tyres and I will use this supermotoard with slicks....

Just cause he wants a setup that is capable of running up the front doesnt make a world champion a sore loser. Casey had an awesome setup, what happened when casey had inferiror rides? He threw them down the race track.

Loz
13-11-2007, 09:45 AM
He's only got a couple years of racing left in him, I wouldn't be waiting around for Michelin and Yamaha to pull their fuckin' socks up either. Bugger 'em. And with all the electrickery built into the current GP bikes, the rider's less and less able to make the difference.