PDA

View Full Version : Anyone got the skills for the swingarm conversion?

JackTar
14-07-2006, 12:24 AM
Hey guys I was just wondering if anyone one here has the skills to convert the R1 swingarm for an 87 Gixxer 1100 like the one on old skool suzuki as I would like to do this for my project but it is way out of my league if anyone thinks they could so the conversion how much would you charge me for the operation?

Thanks for reading.

Gix11
14-07-2006, 01:35 PM
Talk to Ben (Exben) mate. He's the man for the job: http://www.extremecreations.com.au - He's down your way.

JackTar
14-07-2006, 03:05 PM
I am actually planning on having a fair bit of work for Ben to do once I have got all the parts that I am after and enough moola to pay Ben whatever he is going to charge me. I have stripped just about everything down and so far I have bought a complete R1 front end, an ABM top yolk, a headlight setup, some new bars and bar end mirrors and am just trying to decide if I should get a swingarm/wheel setup from a late model bike and have it modified or if it will cost around the same to just get an aftermarket swinger. I will eventually be asking Ben to put all this gear together for me (dread to think what that is going to cost me) as I am not a very mechanical person stripping it all down is one thing but putting everything together and making it fit-way out of my league.