PDA

View Full Version : wiring loom

krustyrusty1
04-02-2012, 05:36 PM
hey there people,well i have started my project.k4 gixer to bumblebee the transformer.different i know.anyway because of the headlight i got ,my clocks and ignition are fairly tight. might have a new headstock with different clocks fitted in ,but to mess with the wiring loom.... not to anxious to start cutting it up. does anyone know somewhere they would reccomend to help with the loom in the perth area preferabbly ,cheers

BillyWhizz888
06-02-2012, 12:26 AM
LOL a few of us have been known to play with them in the past...........

Hagarr
06-02-2012, 03:44 PM
hey there people,well i have started my project.k4 gixer to bumblebee the transformer.different i know.anyway because of the headlight i got ,my clocks and ignition are fairly tight. might have a new headstock with different clocks fitted in ,but to mess with the wiring loom.... not to anxious to start cutting it up. does anyone know somewhere they would reccomend to help with the loom in the perth area preferabbly ,cheers

Hey Krustynuts stop being a poofter and have a go, she'll be right just slash & hack Ha Ha! How hard can it be?

Azrael
06-02-2012, 04:57 PM
Um its says in your profile under occupation you are a sparky.. how much more experience do you require?

I would love to help but my wiring usually ends in pyro and fire..

hyofighter
06-02-2012, 11:35 PM
honestly it isnt all that hard get a wiring diagram for starters so ya know what ya looking at , take photos before hand for reference if need be , time and patience is all i did the vfr loom had to stop and have a breather after awhile as i may have chucked a tantrum but in the end it was good to have done it myself

ALBI
07-02-2012, 05:04 PM
honestly it isnt all that hard get a wiring diagram for starters so ya know what ya looking at , take photos before hand for reference if need be , time and patience is all i did the vfr loom had to stop and have a breather after awhile as i may have chucked a tantrum but in the end it was good to have done it myself

as he said ^^^^^^^^^^ get the wire diag, take plenty o pics .
just remember tho if you have a bunch of wires going to the same location ,stager the joins dont cut all joins in the same spot or they will look like dog shit ,dont use tape to cover ur soldered joins ,use heat shrink it will look much better!!

or do wat a mate o mine done , he cut the wires back so the harness was roughly the lengh it needed to be ,ha stagered joins,but just used elec crimps to join temporarly then when all was good he took to an electrician and they soldered all joins and tidyed it up cost him way less.

and also make a "road map" of the wires ur cutting! draw a diag on paper of the wires and the colour of them and where they go to and number them with masking tape on either side of the harness so when you go to put back together you have a full listing with pics ,diag and a numerical "MAP" that way you cant get lost.