PDA

View Full Version : Just Checking In

AneemA
26-01-2012, 07:50 AM
Hey Guys,

Just checking in, not sure how long ago I joined up here but it's been years and years.. I've been floating around the bike scene in Brisbane for about 8 years now, mostly over at OCAU.mc and Weekend Riders..

No bike at the moment but toying with the idea of buying a repairable write off CBR1000 or something similar and doing it up as a basic fighter. Nothing crazy, pretty much leave it stock minus the fairings and add on some bars, lights etc.

Really just starting to do my research at the moment. Basically, what I want in a bike is a naked bike (because I like being different and they look flippin' tough) but I want it to ride and handle like a sports bike.

Always open to advice and suggestions but for now, just thought I'd check in and keep on reading.

Edit: As an example of what my wet dreams are made of, this bike (found in the for sale section here) is pretty much what I'd like to create (or just buy...)

http://img717.imageshack.us/img717/7045/1289810681.jpg

Cheers

Leon

Gix11
27-01-2012, 06:17 PM
Welcome back mate. Does he still have that bike? Maybe there's your answer!?

K6Thou
27-01-2012, 06:41 PM
Yeah Si, Serg still has his fighter he was up here a little while ago relieving me of the 750 I had for sale.

Oh and welcome along AneemA

DCRacing
28-01-2012, 08:05 AM
Welcome, nothing like modifying you own bike, puts a bit of yourself into it and seems to make it a bit more special.
Or some crap like that ;)

AneemA
28-01-2012, 08:32 AM
Yeah, I definitely think building your own is better, especially as half the reason I want a fighter is I'm finding myself with a few hours to kill every afternoon and nothing to bloody do, so it'd be great to have a project in the garage to tinker with. Only problem is, I'm generally completely inept at everything mechanical. With most of the bikes I've had (CBR250R, CBR250RR, 02 R6, 97 TU250X, 99 CBR600F4, 96 XR400R, 97 VTR1000F, 02 WR426) I've always tried to do all the maintenance/modifications myself.. Unfortunately, I normally screw things up more than I fix them...

From the research I've done so far, looks like you can buy most streetfighter parts already fabricated and bolt straight on so, in the words of Jeremy Clarkson.. 'How hard can it be....?'

DCRacing
28-01-2012, 10:16 AM
Mate Take a look at CBRRRT's posts he is a bloody genius and is not afraid to have a go, he documents everything really well so it is easy to adapt it to your own project.