PDA

View Full Version : ADR clarification : Headlights dipping devic3

oohsam
16-01-2012, 07:17 PM
Hi guys,
I've got my RWC tomorrow for the bike i've been building for the last year, but I'm a little confused with this particular ADR.
I have a headlight fitted with a switch, the switch has off, low beam, highbeam.
There is nothing on my dash to indicate that the high beam is on (did not connect a high beam indicator light)

Is the "indication that high beam is on" enough that its on the switch? or does it need a visual on dash indicator?
If the switch is not enough, I will just disconnect the highbeam and have lowbeam only and that should be roadworthy...right?

Quote:

DIPPING DEVICE
Every motorcycle manufactured after 1934, that can travel at a speed above 60km/h must be fitted
with a dipping device enabling the driver in the normal driving position to:
• change the headlights from the high-beam position to the low-beam position; or
simultaneously
• switch off a high-beam headlight and switch on a low-beam headlight.
Motorcycles manufactured after June 1953 must be fitted with a device that indicates to the driver that
the headlights are in the high-beam position.
If no dipping device is fitted, only a low beam headlamp must operate

Got that from this doc :
http://www.transport.sa.gov.au/pdfs/personal_transport/info_bull_06_motorcycles.pdf

fimpBIKES
16-01-2012, 07:21 PM
hi bloke,
dont see u getting knocked back for that

show us the bike already!

Yella
16-01-2012, 07:23 PM
If that all you got to worry about your sweet.

Large
16-01-2012, 07:23 PM
Usually a rwc inspection involves you sitting on (standing by) the bike and operating the controls for lights/blinkers/horn etc while the inspector checks them off.

I doubt that the inspector would notice if your high beam indicater was working or not.

usually.

oohsam
16-01-2012, 07:30 PM
haha. Ok. I was gonna disconnect the highbeam just incase...

here's the bike before (sorry its not a fighter, cafe racer)

And now..(seats not mounted in that pic just sitting ontop, will get some more pics later.

http://mishmashmoo.com/downloads/gs1100/245.jpg