PDA

View Full Version : help

trumpy509
16-01-2012, 12:48 PM
Hi guys,

after a bit of help/advice. after a slight altercation with a cane field (after taking evasive action to avoid a ute on the wrong side of the road) i've got a problem with the front end of the speed triple, ie nothing is lining up!! i put some old unbent bars on and it's way off the mark, not sure if it's the triple trees or forks (the frame seems okay) does anyone know of someone local to the gold coast (i'm in runaway bay/paradise point)

i guess i'm looking for someone with a bit of nouse and who won't try to rip me off.

BANDITROD
16-01-2012, 01:16 PM
TRY LOSENING THE PINCH BOLTS ON THE TOP CLAMP (oops caps lock) undo the top ones and turn bars most times they will straighten up on there own ...if that doesnt fix it then id say you have bent forks or something like that

trumpy509
16-01-2012, 01:29 PM
be a good idea not to try that once you've already loosenend the pinch bolts on the bottom triple tree a couple of days ago and forgotten to tighten them up hey mate!!!!!! cool now i have a lowrider.

yeah, anywho. tried that previously mate so i know it's not just been knocked out of alighnment. i reckon triple trees or forks....... thanks fpr the help anyway, back to the drawing board.

xa-mont
16-01-2012, 01:43 PM
might sound stupid, but i've heard of it before...

Have you checked the bar clamps?

BANDITROD
16-01-2012, 02:56 PM
he has changed bars trav and mate only an idiot would undo both clamps at the same time without supporting bike so i didnt really think it needed to be mentioned next time you ask for help i wont fucking bother

Gix11
16-01-2012, 05:28 PM
Try putting some photos up and show us where it's out of alignment.

trumpy509
17-01-2012, 09:36 AM
banditrod, thanks for the advice, pity i didnt resalise i'd joined a site where no-one makes stupid mistakes cos they've got a million and one things on the go at the same time. if you bothered to read the reply post, it was written with a certain amount of self affacing humour. once again thanks for the help, pity about the shit attitude and name calling.

si, photos won't really help, the bars are 10mm out at the ends, not something you'd pick in a photo. and that's with a line strung across both wheels to 1mm alighnment.

xa-mont, yeah mate tried the clamps when i changed the bars, they seem to be okay.

on the same subjuct, the only other problem is the radiator, its got a 45 degree bend in it, does anyone know of someone on the coast hast would use the ends (which are undamaged) and replace the core?

wackyrider
17-01-2012, 01:08 PM
Try a car radiator repairs place. They should be able to do it.

Gix11
17-01-2012, 04:02 PM
Might be worth a try?: http://www.natrad.com.au/?storelocate/storeinfo.html?id=34

Nudie
17-01-2012, 06:16 PM
if the axle was bent, would it cause that much misalignment?

trumpy509
18-01-2012, 06:15 PM
thanks guys, tried banditrods idea with a mate and finally, after a fair amount of measuring, adjusting and swearing, got everything lined up nicely. i think the bourban may have helped!! rad is off and (cheers Si) will be off to be relaced/rebuilt within the week. Once again, thanks for all the help guys, pretty much what i was hoping for in the original post.

now, just need a pointer towards levers, replacing both, brake lever was snapped off in the "Ute incident" so an adjustable preferably black anodised would look good, any ideas?

xa-mont
19-01-2012, 07:39 AM
ebay chinese levers are the go. cheap and good.

trumpy509
19-01-2012, 03:58 PM
cheers mate, having a look now