PDA

View Full Version : Spine's a bit fooked.

HOS
16-01-2012, 01:15 AM
Finally only 10 years too late I had a spinal MRI scan last month.
Results are not bad tbh.

L1 to L5 are solid, there is no movement at all in the lumbar spine.
Degenerative spinal condition. (Another medical term for its fucked)
S1 is supposed to be fixed, but it isnt. Its kinda loose?
Got pressure on spinal column where nerves exit the spine on both left and right hand side.
Although its only symptomatic on the left hand side where I get clear signs of nerve damage
like sciatica, numbness in my left toes and a feeling of summat cutting into the toes like glass,
or wire cutting into my toes when I lie down.
No symptoms on the right side yet.
Got scoliosis of the spine, yeah already knew that from when it was daignosed as a kid.

Not much they can do at this stage apart from a lethal injection or a wooden baseball back at
full swing direct to the back of my head?

I refused surgery on my left ankle last month, Bust it badly in the smash but no one noticed for 7 years after.

Still riding and laughing ! Taking the piss outta anyone or anything. :o

Cruisecontrol
16-01-2012, 08:32 AM
Why would you refuse surgery to fix your ankle?

BANDITROD
16-01-2012, 01:21 PM
thats what im going through atm hos almost exactly the same symptoms

HOS
16-01-2012, 09:15 PM
Why would you refuse surgery to fix your ankle?

I've lived with it for 10 years since the smash, it wasn't diagnosed until 6 years later on the original
X-rays from Casualty where they airlifted me to.
Because I nearly died somewhere between the spinal block room and the operating table I am only accepting critical surgery from now on.

I've had 3 major ops since the smash. Got £12,000 worth of Ti internal engineering.
Got an expensive arse as my little lady says ! :D

Although the ankle has got worse, fuck it I'll carry on and deal with it.
I will have it seen to though when it gets bad enough.
Its a minor detail compared to the spinal problems.

Surt
17-01-2012, 02:47 PM
from wat ive read ur kinda cyborg now Col.Hos! thats just fuckin cool mate let em docs replace all the fukdt parts for bionic and u'll become a real generation next human being so cheer up ole geezer!

HOS
18-01-2012, 12:16 AM
thats what im going through atm hos almost exactly the same symptoms

I have learned since, that its only people who have been through similar who can appreciate what its like
with serious injuries. Otherwise you might as well be talking a foriegn language?
Fortunately I'm a stubborn old fuck and will not give in :p

What have treatment have you got if you dont mind me asking?

HOS
18-01-2012, 12:19 AM
from wat ive read ur kinda cyborg now Col.Hos! thats just fuckin cool mate let em docs replace all the fukdt parts for bionic and u'll become a real generation next human being so cheer up ole geezer!

Yeah but the old Sinclair Spectrum in my head is a bit buggered !! lololol ;)

Old fuckers are the best ! Everyone should have one !

HOS
10-02-2012, 06:47 PM
I'm having acupuncture on monday to help with pain relief.
I'm back having weekly physio to help withn spinal and shoulder mobility and it turns out this
physio is a trained acupuncturist. He offered to treat me under the NHS so I accepted.
Should be good .

Shit time of year in England when its freezing like most of Europe is atm.
We had more snow last night. Thinking of you guys ;)

HOS
14-02-2012, 01:38 AM
Well, I was pleasantly surprised after my first session today. Not much to it really.
The needles are very fine and only about 3" long. He used a total of 11 needles on me.
4 in each hand and arm and then 3 in my neck.

I did'nt feel most of them tbh. But maybe a little bit when he teaked the needles, because he has to make sure they are on the right spot. I only felt one needle go in but not the rest. The needles go in about an inch and I just sat there upright in a chair while he stuck them in. My hands and arms became quite hot for some reason and I had some numbness and tingling in the left hand side of my left hand.

I had patches of red colouring come out on some parts of me for a while, but they faded.
I sat for about 1/2 an hour and he came back to tweak the needles 3 times before removing them completely.

Doesnt feel any different yet. More sessions to follow.

The guy is my physio and acupuncturist and he's just bought a new Triumph !! :D

JackTar
14-02-2012, 07:42 PM
I dare you to watch the latest final destination movie and then see if you'll go for acupuncture again.

HOS
14-02-2012, 08:10 PM
I dare you to watch the latest final destination movie and then see if you'll go for acupuncture again.

I love those films. Took my little lady to see the one where the girl gets it with the nail gun? She
freaked big time !!! :D