PDA

View Full Version : clutch issue

MTBEERWAH
14-01-2012, 11:10 PM
G`day,
whats going on when you put in gear and lunges forward, is it spring tension problem?
thanks.

pav69
15-01-2012, 07:44 AM
sounds like its not engaging right is it cable or hydrolic can it be adjusted or not

MTBEERWAH
15-01-2012, 08:26 AM
Hi mate,

1200 bandit,hydrolic, master and slave good, no leaks or air in system, yeah not engaging properly so i guess inner workings?

Redmohawk
15-01-2012, 10:05 AM
Worn acutuator shaft ?

Yella
15-01-2012, 10:22 AM
Sounds like the clutch is not disengaging completely. If you put it in gear does it try to drive forward after the initial lunge or does it seem to be OK
Warped steels, worn, bent or jammed shaft, worn basket could be a number of things just start at the easiest first. Check the fluid is OK did you take the lid off and check I have seen it when the fluid turns to jelly looks OK with a external inspection and sort of works but when you pull the cover off it is all gummed up and make sure that the clutch master is returning all the way home when released or you wont get full travel and it may drag.

MTBEERWAH
15-01-2012, 10:54 AM
thanks for replies,

i change the fluids yearly,so the fluids clean, it doesn`t want to drive forward after engaged, and if the engine is off and its in gear with the clutch engaged,it feels like the brakes are on and the clutch is dragging.

Redmohawk
15-01-2012, 12:52 PM
Let me get this right , its lunging forward when running clutch in and you select first ? thats what I got from first post . Now your saying it doesnt want to move when running after clutch has been depressed and released when In first ? And when not running and In first with clutch depressed feels like clutch is still dragging ?

Sounds like a bent actuator/or worn and sticking.

Yella
15-01-2012, 01:50 PM
Did it start after the fluid change?
When you say lung forward have far/how much force are we talking?

BANDITROD
15-01-2012, 02:22 PM
mate to me it sounds like the pushrod behind your slave cylinder is prob bent have you upgraded your diaphrams at all its not to hard to fix take off sprocket cover and pull the pushrod out and roll it along the floor that is the easiest way to see if its bent

MTBEERWAH
15-01-2012, 03:17 PM
yeah put it into 1st gear,makes loud clunk and lunges foward when first engaged,then holds so to not want to run on like it should when clutch is engaged, then takes off as normal, its the inital engaging that seems to be the problem this is another engine i`ve put in while i slowly do the original up, i`ve had it in for 3 years and it has gotten worse in that time, my original engine was silky smooth with no lunge at 95000km. i`ve put 40000km on this engine,and it had 25000 on it when purchased, it is a faultless mill except for this issue
Let me get this right , its lunging forward when running clutch in and you select first ? thats what I got from first post . Now your saying it doesnt want to move when running after clutch has been depressed and released when In first ? And when not running and In first with clutch depressed feels like clutch is still dragging ?

Sounds like a bent actuator/or worn and sticking.

MTBEERWAH
15-01-2012, 03:27 PM
I will take out shaft and check if bent.

its always had this incresing prob and not a recent, due to fluid change.

Redmohawk
15-01-2012, 08:42 PM
Yeah eather bent or warn I'm guessing.

MONO
15-01-2012, 09:34 PM
Is it the correct clutch lever ?

MTBEERWAH
15-01-2012, 10:12 PM
yeah mate,same one since new
Is it the correct clutch lever ?

MONO
16-01-2012, 02:58 PM
yeah mate,same one since new

Just had to check, my fireblade had the same problem when I got new levers.

Gix11
16-01-2012, 05:33 PM
I had a similar problem with the push rod locator in the casing breaking away so the rod was not pushing straight.