PDA

View Full Version : GSXR 750 WP air filters

kartras
13-01-2012, 06:48 PM
Hi Guys,

Just wondering if anyone here has replaced the air box set up on a gsxr 750 wp 93 with those single pod things and what issues they had with them. I've seen many done in mags and the such.I reckon they look good and the main advantage for me would be that they would free up the space for the battery.

Any advice would be good as i am trying to work on fitting a k4 tail end and tryin to do my home work before i f#@k tings up.

Cheers

kartras

K6Thou
13-01-2012, 06:53 PM
Tuning with pods and vac carbs is always a bit of an issue. Other than that I'm not going to be much help.

Deano
13-01-2012, 09:08 PM
Bmc make the filters. Get a factory pro jet kit and follow the included instructions. Easy as that. Otherwise try and jet it yourself

kartras
14-01-2012, 06:06 AM
Bmc make the filters. Get a factory pro jet kit and follow the included instructions. Easy as that. Otherwise try and jet it yourself

could i use a stage 1 or do i need a stage 3 kit with the pods?

The pipe is stock but i think the baffle has been altered/removed (previous owner).

Cheers

Deano
14-01-2012, 09:40 AM
Stage 3. Only difference between the stages is main jet size from memory

RevHead
14-01-2012, 11:07 AM
I used a stage 3 dyno jet kit i left the primaries standard and went to 54 size main jets and upped the needle size on my 1100w,
It took a lot of rooting around to get the mixture sorted ,Dylan,oldskool ,is the bloke to talk to , about this as he deals with bikes everyday ,cheers