PDA

View Full Version : Few Noob Questions

Boosh84
11-01-2012, 01:13 PM
1) if i were to buy a bike that has rego/clean title, am i able to just start tearing it apart and make it into a streetfighter, or do i have to get inspected after modifying it to make sure that it's street legal?

2) what is the reasoning behind making a bike's tail so short

3) what is the reasoning behind making the bike's tail on such a crazy angle, like +45 degrees??

4) who's got a bike for me?!

xa-mont
11-01-2012, 01:27 PM
1) if you want it to be 100% legal then you could get it inspected for a roadworthy... but why would you? bikes look much better when they aren't legal (probably 80% of motorbikes on the road aren't legal due to small mods) - so pretty much, get a bike, get it registered, then play.

2) some people like the look

3) some people like the look

4) chase

Chase
11-01-2012, 01:54 PM
Good bump thanks Trav..

1) What he ^^ said
2) Generally the shorter tail gives the bike a more aggressive look (and you don't have to cart pillions around if there's no seat!)
3) Ask ze Germans.. but really it's just personal preference
4) Me if you're after a 600 SRAD.

The main thing to remember is it doesn't make any difference what you do so long as it's what YOU want.. Unless it looks like a scooter.. Check the "Take away their tools" thread for things to avoid ;)

RevHead
11-01-2012, 03:09 PM
721Its personal choice on were you start and were you finish, don't let anyone tell you otherwise,as Chase stated its your ride make it into what you want ,cheers Pete
my ride 1994 gsxr1100w,

Gitzy
12-01-2012, 03:12 PM
Good bump thanks Trav..

1) What he ^^ said
2) Generally the shorter tail gives the bike a more aggressive look (and you don't have to cart pillions around if there's no seat!)
3) Ask ze Germans.. but really it's just personal preference
4) Me if you're after a 600 SRAD. with 09' GSXR1000 front end (forks/wheels/triple/radial calipers), k9 GSXR750 Rear Shock, new rearsets, adjustable levers, K1 tail thats just begging to be fightered..

The main thing to remember is it doesn't make any difference what you do so long as it's what YOU want.. Unless it looks like a scooter.. Check the "Take away their tools" thread for things to avoid ;)

There Fixed..

Chase
12-01-2012, 05:58 PM
What would we do without you Gitzy..

Weaselman
12-01-2012, 06:27 PM
Technically anything changed from stock is against the law anyway so why tell them.