PDA

View Full Version : gsxr ignition system

bluedrags
25-12-2011, 05:36 PM
If I was to move ignition system on my 1994 gsxr would that cause a drama with rego and does anyone know how hard it is to do.
I have seen a couple of bikes on the net with it moved down under the tank and I think it would be good.
I also have been reading up about the security system like harley have where you carry the remote thingy with you and when you work from the bike a couple of meters it operates and turns off when you get back in close.
Anyone know anything about either.

Yella
25-12-2011, 06:04 PM
Are you talking key switch? Not sure on rego issues. I normally do something then worry about that later.
You can pretty much put it anywhere you like you can use the original switch if it fits or put in a small after market switch if needed. Not real hard to do just need to take your time one wire at a time to make sure you don't fuck it up and may aswell remove any additional wiring while you are at it
I purchased a remote start system from Ben that I fitted to mine (not a immobilizer just remote start ) that works sweet I can start the bike from 10m+ away if wanted. It's wired in so it needs to see the neutral light before it will crank.

Redmohawk
25-12-2011, 09:01 PM
RFID ignition setup will arm when your close and disarm when you leave it

Deano
25-12-2011, 09:13 PM
Not a problem for rego. You only need a switch that you turn clockwise to switch on according to my engineer that passedmy bike