PDA

View Full Version : TRE for a TLS

WATEVR
04-11-2007, 10:41 PM
guys is there anyone out there that is handy with electronics?

or is there anyone that can supply me with an appropriate TRE?

and can supply a wiring diagram if option A if there is anyone willing to help!!

cheers guys

Booster
05-11-2007, 07:27 AM
6.8k 1/4 watt resistor , cut the red wire, bridge it to the black wire with the resistor. tape it up and ride.
or buy a plug in tre from local supplier or ebay.

Stocky
11-11-2007, 06:06 AM
What Booster said is correct for a TRE.

If you really want to do it right then you should modify the gear position sensor.

It's a pain in the ass on the TL cause it's behind the clutch but it's worth the hassle.

I ran mine with a resistor , I also ran it "open circuit" (unplug the pink wire) and I ran it with the modified GPS

Modifying the GPS was the best by far.

Basically you dig all the potting goo out and rewire the gear sensor to tell the ECU - 4th, 4th, 4th, 4th, 5th, 5th

http://www.streetfighters.com.au/forum/upload/68240835753141.jpg

Tony Nitrous
11-11-2007, 07:41 AM
Not sure if the plugs are the same but I think 6.8 is the same
as a Hayabusa one ?
I think the Bus then gives a 5th gear signal ?

Anything from $70 to $199 as a plug in, or 10c at Dick Smiths.

Did both of mine,I couldn't tell any differance but others claim
to be able to tell.

Tony.J.

EDIT: If you want the "Digital Gear-indicator / TRE" combined they are about $200 from http://www.amcmotorcycles.com/
http://img80.imageshack.us/img80/3189/treno5.gif

fimpBIKES
11-11-2007, 08:20 AM
http://cgi.ebay.com.au/Auto-TRE-SUZUKI-Timing-Retard-Eliminator-GSXR-TLR-TL-SV_W0QQitemZ280164576869QQihZ018QQcategoryZ35232QQ tcZphotoQQcmdZViewItem

these look good

BANDITROD
11-11-2007, 05:33 PM
hey fimp ask pab13 about these fucking those tre his fucked up on him so he ended up with one of the ones with the gear position switch built in and hasn't had any problems as far as i know

Booster
11-11-2007, 05:41 PM
Tony ya need a 2.7k ohm for the new bike, we used a cheapy that had stopped working and "modified it " and fitted a switch. very noticable ..
also found there was a reason there speed limited, owner claims he can't breath above 260kph , something to do with the visor and chinguard pushed hard against his face ;)

Tony Nitrous
13-11-2007, 04:37 AM
quote:Originally posted by Booster

Tony ya need a 2.7k ohm for the new bike, we used a cheapy that had stopped working and "modified it " and fitted a switch. very noticable ..
also found there was a reason there speed limited, owner claims he can't breath above 260kph , something to do with the visor and chinguard pushed hard against his face ;)

[8D]
Thanks...:D

Tony Nitrous
13-11-2007, 05:43 PM
quote:Originally posted by Booster

Is it true its limited to 250 not 300 ?
Few more K's and I will give it a go...;)

Did you lose the gear indicator on the clocks ?
Always sending the same signal ?

Yeah, next one I do will be switchable too, Never had prob's
with cold starting with 5th gear signal as I was warned about
but would like to be able to switch TRE / non-TRE to see the differance.

Is it just a speed limiter or a 1st and 2nd restrictor too ?

Thanks,

Tony.J.

Booster
13-11-2007, 08:15 PM
Limited in 6th and 5th, 2.7 gives a 4th gear map, and 4th indicated all times except neutral , put a small switch in the frame hole just rear of the left front indicator, right next to the gps plug which is tied to the throttlebodies.
Makes it unnoticable but still switchable with gloves on while riding, already asked to do another .
Seems to let the first few gears find more power, i think the secondary throttleplates are opening quicker easy to feel the effect when you can switch back and forth.
on the current busa's i prefer like Stocky suggested and do 1n23455 but this may need different .

Pab13
13-11-2007, 08:34 PM
Hi Fimp, I only got one month (3 rides ) out of my tre before it stuffed up so in hind sight if i would have brought the digital
gear indicator i would have saved $99 but it's your choice

Tony Nitrous
13-11-2007, 08:50 PM
Vert interesting Booster,

Thanks.

Tony.