PDA

View Full Version : killa K!

Killa K!
18-12-2011, 08:18 PM
Hi street fighters. My name is Glen and i'm based near Geelong in Victoria. I ride a black and red 89 GSXR1100K. I've spent a lot of time (read $$$) on polishing and nickle plating various bits and pieces but from a distance the bike looks sort of stock. Its got bar end mirrors, 4 into 1, mini indicators and stuff but is mostly original. I've also got a 91 Gixer 1100 that I want to build as a naked cafe racer style - custom seat, single headlight, clipons etc etc. Just a dream for now tho!
I very recently let my much loved K have a little lie down in some gravel by the side of the road in Tasmania which has farkn devasted me. This is why I started looking for another fairing upper and stumbled upon this site. I follow the scene in the UK a bit through magazines but to be honest didnt realise there was so much of a following here.
I'm looking forward to taking part a bit more.....anybody got a fairing upper for a K model 11???!!!

BANDITROD
18-12-2011, 08:22 PM
Welcome aboard mate got a pic of ride for us to look at

Killa K!
18-12-2011, 08:36 PM
I've found a couple of pics on my ol mums computer down here in Tassie but I cant work out how to post em!

BANDITROD
18-12-2011, 08:47 PM
Click on the little logo with the tree in it down there vvvvvvvvvv in the reply box and follow the prompts mate

Killa K!
18-12-2011, 08:49 PM
Sorted it! Heres an older pic of the bike at Lorne on the Great Ocean Road. Now its got bar end mirrors and a HEL cooler and lines but its basically the same. Recently added items include gravel rash down the whole right hand side and a smashed upper fairing thanks to a little lie down by the side of the road in Tassie. - its an old bike I thought she needed a rest.

BANDITROD
18-12-2011, 08:50 PM
Fuck yeah mate looks good

Killa K!
18-12-2011, 08:55 PM
it dont look so purdy no more. Fucking stupid brain!

BANDITROD
18-12-2011, 09:05 PM
It happens mate I have had a tumble in tassie myself out near scottsdale

Killa K!
18-12-2011, 09:09 PM
know it well. Mine was at a place called Paradise (can you beleive it!) near Sheffield not far from Devonport. Rode this road heaps of times before and always loved it. Dont know what happened - brain fade me thinks!.

BANDITROD
18-12-2011, 09:12 PM
Yeah I have ridden that road it's fucking awesome anywhere you go down their

DCRacing
19-12-2011, 11:27 AM
Welcome, There should be a few ideas on here for you and there always seems to be some sort of plastic being removed some where;)

stiffsimon
19-12-2011, 12:16 PM
Welcome mate. Ha Ha Ha just a few mods eh. It won't end there now you're a member here. It starts with bar end mirrors and Renthals and before you know it it's single sided swingarm, big bore turbo Ohlins Brembo carbon fibre bespoke aaaaargh

Killa K!
19-12-2011, 08:01 PM
I know. As I tearfully pulled the old K out of the ditch, I realised that something terrible was starting!! Already got the Ohlins rear and was looking for a late model Gixer 1000 front end (something like an '05 onwards) for a complete front end swap anyway. (might help me go round corners instead of laying down in the middle of them) Now I'm thinking of more cc's, finally getting round to polishing and nickle plating the rest of the frame and god knows what else. I think this is the perfect excuse for some custom paint at the very least.....what have I done????