PDA

View Full Version : How dumb do you think i am?

suxukifreak
03-11-2007, 07:02 PM
Ordered some parts from the US yesterday and today this turns up in my e-mail.....

Des,

Thank you for your business. In order to fulfill your purchase I require EVERY FOREIGN buyer to email me a copy of the credit card (front only) used for this transaction and a copy of your driver license. Name on the card MUST MATCH the name on the license.

Sincerely,
Vlad Plakht

Needless to say i cancelled the order.

Large
03-11-2007, 07:15 PM
I'ts probably not a scam. I've had a couple of reputable places ask the same a similar thing

quote:Prices you saw on our web-site are current.

Note: We ship international via U.S. Postal Global Express (EMS). Or FedEx International EXPRESS AIR.

We Offer (3) Payment Options for Foreign Orders:

Your three choices are......
1) Visa or Mastercard ($15 Transaction Fee for orders up to $500. All orders Over $500 is 3% Transaction Fee)
2) Certified Bank Check (may take 2-3 weeks for Check to clear bank)
3) Direct Bank Wire Transfer (Fastest and Easiest) Add $35 Wire Fee

If you chose Option 1) We will need a FAXED COPY of your Most Recent Credit Card Billing Statement Clearly showing your Billing Address, Your Name, and your Credit Card number. Once you have decided exactly what you want to order, and we have confirmed with you the total price including shipping, We will also need a Signed Form by you Authorizing the total amount including shipping Fees. Once we have both these, we can complete and ship your order.
There are NO Exceptions.!!!!!
We apologize for the inconvenience, but, this is the only way we can protect ourselves from Credit Card Fraud.

SORRY. WE DO NOT USE PAYPAL.

Let us know what you would like to do. And we will give you all the information you need.

Thanks,
HardRacing.com

suxukifreak
03-11-2007, 07:19 PM
But i allready paid by Paypal so i dont see the need for more ID.

debaser
03-11-2007, 07:57 PM
I hate dealing with americans on e*ay. if they ship to australia at all.

DaveK5
04-11-2007, 09:00 AM
Google his name SF the guy is legit...unusual request though...as you have already paid.