PDA

View Full Version : OE connectors and solenoid Q's.

K6Thou
15-12-2011, 06:57 PM
Ok lads I have to shorten quite a bit of wiring on my thou to get it as tidy as I would like and am wondering if the OE plugs are my best option ? Can I get the same plugs aftermarket ?

Also I have sort of decided on a theme for the thou and was wondering (without giving too much away) if and how hard it would be to make, say a part of a mask move with a solenoid when the high beam light switch is switched on ????

Thanks guys,

Dan.

Redmohawk
15-12-2011, 07:03 PM
Use a auto door lock acutuator (cheap easy to get from auto shop ebay etc) uses power only on movement and locks in position to some extent and will excert quite a of force for there size, all 12 volt to.

Not familiar with the pugs but most oem plugs are able to be disasembeled with care and re used or chop solder and heat shrink tube is a quick fix.

BANDITROD
15-12-2011, 07:42 PM
A while ago I remember someone posting info on where to get stock connectors I think it was Fimp

K6Thou
15-12-2011, 08:57 PM
Red you are the god of all things electrical thanks heaps mate. Qusetion RE the door lock actuators do they need 12v to stay in a certain position ? Or do they use power to actuate then will stay locked without constant power ?? Does that make sence ??

Rod I missed the post you are referring to. I figured that if I could get the connectors I needed I could shorten one wire at a time 'cause electrics really aren't my strong point....

oldskool
15-12-2011, 09:03 PM
Better to use the same plugs Brother.
You can buy the pliers and clips to re do the clip joiners in the OEM plugs alot neater than cuting and joining wires.
MCS do all the clips and pliers.

fimpBIKES
15-12-2011, 09:06 PM
eastern beaver has a lot of god connectors
stupid name, great service
http://easternbeaver.com/Main/Elec__Products/Connectors/connectors.html

BANDITROD
15-12-2011, 09:06 PM
The post was about 2 years or more ago

Redmohawk
16-12-2011, 05:07 AM
just supply 12 volts once to move reverse the voltage to return or use a solinoid driver (a kit from strathfield audio will set you back about $30 and just use one of the 4 acuators and control box will work from a single wire and you even get a remote lol)

oldskool
16-12-2011, 07:33 PM
Iv got one you can have actuator that is should be pretty easy to power up and activate with your high beam switch.

K6Thou
19-12-2011, 07:52 PM
Iv got one you can have actuator that is should be pretty easy to power up and activate with your high beam switch.

PM sent mate.