PDA

View Full Version : transport to heathcote AFR

Jockney Rebel
10-12-2011, 10:44 PM
ok kiddies ..

For those of you who dont already know Im the dood who moves bike related stuff around the tri state area...

[thats NSW QLD and VIC to the geographically challenged among you ].
The company I own and operate [SOS motorcycle recovery] is going to arrange transportation for any one who wishes to attend the drag weekend at Heathcote in December 2012..

So itll work like this......................... I will hire either a truck capable of carrying at least 12 bikes or [if the demand is there a B double capable of carrying about twice that amount] Weazel and I will donate our time as professional drivers and I will bring this in at COST ONLY...

The truck will start at a pre determined collection point near Brisbane and work its way down the Pac Highway towards Sydney stopping at 1 or 2 predetermind points in NSW..

My company will of course fully cover the bikes with its GOODS in transit insurance which is coverd by Zurich insurance , the truck will be a pantec with a taillift

The advantages : no need to lug yer riding gear and bike upto 1800kms
if a number of you get together and book a block of airline seats im sure u can work a deal
just turn up point vaguely at yer bike and gear we unload it and off you go
reverse on the sunday
this will increase attendance numbers and we can have a 3 way state challenge

The conditions:
1] if demand is high itll be one bike per rider plus their riding gear
2]no spare engines ,sheep , inflatable "friends"or any other weird packages
3]once booked and paid for its locked in ..if however you cant make it i will endeavour to sell
your spot and get u yer dosh back
4]all bookings paid for at the time of booking
5]all money to be in by the 1st of November 2012

The cost : As I said before it will be COST only currently we can get a truck for around $1700 per week

and we estimate around 2k for fuel, plainly put that would equate to $185 ew..
Im not gonna bugger about doing rates for syd and brissy.... were all into the same shit and this is for the greater good .
these figures are by no means cast in stone yet and it looks like i may well be able to lower that significantly with weazels help if we get enough numbers....... in other words the more the cheaper.
also as per the NFR if there is any surplus it will be stuck in a envelope and used as a cash prise for the events outright winner.
So guys feedback please and any issues or ideas you have will be greatly welcomed

Jockney Rebel
10-12-2011, 11:29 PM
i reckon it should be called dragginfight

timbo
11-12-2011, 09:44 AM
sounds like your onto a winner there Jimmy, but Why march for the cashwhen the event will be in Dec? ether way it looks like i will be booking a space. Cant wait to play drag racer again with all the cool kids.

Jockney Rebel
11-12-2011, 10:47 AM
March cos im under the impression the next ones gonna be in april

sharky
11-12-2011, 11:01 AM
When/who decided the next AFR was at Heathcoate ??

Iceman
11-12-2011, 11:51 AM
I think Jim decided at 11.44pm yesterday. I hope he has booked the venue for us too.

Gix11
11-12-2011, 12:19 PM
Nah, not April, same time as this year. Easter / March / April is booked out at Heathcote anyway. AFR will be a localised run again if the plan comes together. Explain laterer....

Boxer
11-12-2011, 04:59 PM
This is how you get to Heathcttt

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ySi9SubppcM

RevHead
11-12-2011, 06:26 PM
im going next year ,,lol hey jim you doing brissy syd this week i,stuff t pick up need you

oldskool
11-12-2011, 07:06 PM
im going next year ,,lol hey jim you doing brissy syd this week i,stuff t pick up need you
Oh I hope so!
Looking forward to what's coming to me apparently, being a smart arse and all.:rolleyes:

oldskool
11-12-2011, 07:08 PM
:p

oldskool
11-12-2011, 08:17 PM
That must be some big truck you got Jim.

Jockney Rebel
11-12-2011, 08:53 PM
ok so Dec next yr then lol ..and dylan ...it is .... big enough
8 metres x 2.4 enough room for 10 bikes and as weazel wont be able to make december thatll be it
Im seeing about leasing a truck of similar size for myself but this will be a one off hire and if its going to be regular then ill do it every year

oldskool
11-12-2011, 08:57 PM
You make me blush.
Drink when your down next to make up for blowing you off last time?

Shit that doesn't word well.

Jockney Rebel
11-12-2011, 09:07 PM

Jockney Rebel
11-12-2011, 09:08 PM
roughly this size [and yes its a small pic and no its not to scale ]

Jockney Rebel
11-12-2011, 09:10 PM
You make me blush.
Drink when your down next to make up for blowing you off last time?

Shit that doesn't word well. erm nah it doesnt yer a nice bloke an all but .. i much prefer to poke birds .lol

oldskool
11-12-2011, 09:53 PM
Beer when your down next ya Twat!
I hear your here soon mate.

Jockney Rebel
12-12-2011, 07:15 AM
ill see if i can sort that b 4 xmas

RevHead
12-12-2011, 07:33 AM
[QUOTE=oldskool;343251]Oh I hope so!
Looking forward to what's coming to me apparently, being a smart arse and all.:rolleyes:

bunch of flowers ,no seriously,drag race you on your choice of bike me on mine

oldskool
12-12-2011, 09:51 AM
[QUOTE=oldskool;343251]Oh I hope so!

bunch of flowers ,no seriously,drag race you on your choice of bike me on mine

No seriously you should watch what you say about punching people as it gets back to them ya see.
I don't think you would want to get yourself in that position with me Pete.

On a lighter note you better get a turbo on that crate of yours and find an oil cooled motor for it by then.

xa-mont
12-12-2011, 09:59 AM
you're not picking on someone for threatening to punch someone else are you Dylan?

RevHead
12-12-2011, 11:26 AM
[QUOTE=RevHeadPete;343298]

No seriously you should watch what you say about punching people as it gets back to them ya see.
I don't think you would want to get yourself in that position with me Pete.

On a lighter note you better get a turbo on that crate of yours and find an oil cooled motor for it by then.

hearing you ,,drag race it is then ,i got something im working on,,

Shadowzone
14-12-2011, 02:03 PM
I'll step up and drive the B-Double or semi if there is enough requirement or demand for one of those Jim. Happy to help and it'll mean I get to go.