PDA

View Full Version : Clutch cable for '92 Fireblade

dane_ra
13-07-2006, 04:05 PM
Hey can any of the CBR guys tell me if there is a cable from another bike that is longer than oe one so it will fit up to mx bars. I have heard mentioned somewhere that the F4i fits up and is longer, but I don't wanna go ordering it if it ain't right.

ATM I've got a zxr type, re routed up past the airbox inside the frame, reaches ok, but isn't very neat, makes clutch heavy, and there isn't enough adjustment, so I have a sloppy lever and the already clunky gearbox is clunkier... if thats possible...lol

Any help/ advise would be great.

Dane

FIGHTERMC
13-07-2006, 07:13 PM
Dane my local bike shop made up a cable for me{the only thing they can do right}
why don't you try a bike shop near you and see or you should be able to buy
the stuff on egay and make up you own.
rgds
mc

BillyWhizz888
13-07-2006, 09:23 PM
Give these a ring and ask if there is a local dealer near you
FlexiDrive Agencies
Welshpool WA
08-93621544

www.fdrive.com.au

if not send it with new length for custom fit
they did mine 100%

dane_ra
14-07-2006, 02:27 PM
Thanks guys, I actually work in a bike shop and have basic kits, but never used one and I've been told that they aren't the strongest.

Anyways, thought if there was some thing out there already, it may be easy. Might have to go down the custom made lines.

Cheers

FIGHTERMC
14-07-2006, 09:02 PM
i found mine that i got made up fine and strong
but you could make up two of them and stick one under the seat

damo1
14-07-2006, 09:51 PM
I dont know if its to late,but i got a 80 mod cb900 cable
then cut it down to the legth i wanted and then had the button
end silver solderd back on.
Exben didnt do mine but i know he can do them from scratch i
think he told me,if not he can cut them down,give him a try
if you havent done any thing.
Hes in sydney.

dane_ra
24-07-2006, 08:29 PM
OK, I have ordered a cable from a 95 VT25C (Honda Magna 250 cruizer thingy).

Had one turn up at work today and I thought it looked good. Only issue is that I can't find an after market one, so had to get genuine. I should stop bitching since I get it at trade anyways...lol

I'll let u know how I go when the cable arrives.

Slingblade
24-07-2006, 08:35 PM
I was gonna order one off Stu. But he is waiting on a shipment.How much was the Honda one Dane?

24-07-2006, 10:34 PM
Honda parts are universal,just get a whipper snapper cable,they have similar horsepower/engine capacity.

dane_ra
25-07-2006, 07:12 PM
Are you talking about the turbo'd version or the supercharged version davo? :D

Nath- the Honda one retailed for $26, fits well apart from coming a little close to the ignition, but then if ur planning to relocate the ignition barrel, not a prob.

I'm just gunna leave mine.

Slingblade
25-07-2006, 09:47 PM
I just fitted my brand new bars tonight! (thanks for the fast postage Stu) I am keeping the ignition in the standard location. So it is fine for adjustability etc? Clutch feels ok?

Slingblade
26-07-2006, 05:51 PM
I am looking at getting a 900 hornet one for my 96. I would imagine that would fit your 92 as well. I am just waiting to hear back on the length from mr Honda tomorrow. I figure it should fit.

dane_ra
27-07-2006, 08:55 AM
The VT25C one is roughly 1100mm, clutch feels fine. May need to put standard springs back in tho, I put heavy duty ones in there when I did the clutch, but I don't think it needs it.

Went for a ride up to Singleton on sunday, then across to Peats ridge and back down the Old road. After a full day of riding my left hand cramped every time I clutched. That was with the old shite cable tho. Just wanna get it as light as possible without compromising grip. Haven't had a chance to go on a decent ride yet.

fimpBIKES
27-07-2006, 11:52 AM
now you have it with the switchgear mounted up again
make sure that the choke isnt pulling on when you turn hard

my SV used to do that, the last thing u want doing a tight u-turn is a unexpected few thousand rpm!!! [B)]

Slingblade
27-07-2006, 01:08 PM
Yeah looks like the 900 hornet is run different to the blade anyhow. Bugger.