PDA

View Full Version : slingy88 saying G'day

slingy88
05-12-2011, 11:24 PM
Hi All,

signed up and been snooping for ages but tis time to introduce meself and what i'm up to though many might know me from OSS.
I LOOOVE turbo bikes, mainly because of all the different engineering issues and ways in which different people choose to overcome them.
This is the main reason for my bike. I am the eternal tinkerer (think thats how you spell it) so chose to turbo my 88 GSXR750, started with blow through carbs, got the shits with taking them off and on so built my own EFI setup similar to evad,s using microsquirt rather then megasqurt though, bigbored it using 05 zx10 factory forged pistons which also dumped the CR due to them being flat topped then on a wim, scored a triumph SSSA off of that site for $150 so through that into the equation as well.
Everything i do is on a pretty tight bugdet and where ever possible i do all my own work. Plus like most people, i have a young family, full time work, house to renovate, etc, etc so all my stuff takes bloody aaaagggggeeesss!!!!

Anyway, thats me, once again, hi peeps and look forward to being part of this great site

Cheers slingy

latheboy
06-12-2011, 07:01 AM
Hey Slingy, welcome...

Get some pics up to show these guys your work.

Turbo 750's and SSSA are the way forward:D

DCRacing
06-12-2011, 07:18 AM
Welcome, would like to see some pics.

Gix11
06-12-2011, 02:38 PM
Welcome aboard mate. Shame you didn't come along to Heathcote, you'd have been talking turbos all day there with the amount that turned up.

wackyrider
06-12-2011, 02:51 PM
Welcome aboard mate. As the other said, upload some pics

xa-mont
06-12-2011, 02:59 PM
welcome mate!

K6Thou
06-12-2011, 05:21 PM
Geez another gixer.....

Good stuff !!!! Welcome to the asylum mate.

ozzy1100
06-12-2011, 05:41 PM
wellcome mate good to see more briz people in here
btw the micro squirt you used was it the older v2 or the new v3
been looking at the new v3 if i go injec

slingy88
06-12-2011, 07:23 PM
wellcome mate good to see more briz people in here
btw the micro squirt you used was it the older v2 or the new v3
been looking at the new v3 if i go injec

Thanks for all the welcomes peeps ;)

Whats the best place to start a thread with all my piccys? Members only suzuki or somewhere else on here?

And Ozzy1100, an Ipswich boy i see, what did you do wrong to get stuck in the swich? Only kidding, i use to live just west of there in Lowood. Great place and great country roads. I use to be able to double ton it 3 minutes from my house there. They were the days. Anyway to answer your quest, its the V2 with the inbuilt ignition drivers. A bloody good bit of the kit for the price. I havnt really looked at the new V3 yet but it dosnt have inbuilt drivers so needs coils with these built in or using seperate bosch drivers with your existing coils.

Cheers Slingy

ozzy1100
06-12-2011, 07:45 PM
lol glass house's and all that mate fucking slowood
i grew up in ipswich but i live in blacksoil so i dont admit to liveing here oftern but mate 10 yrs ago they where giveing away house out here
yr right about the roads out there i have and had friends from planlands tho to esk etc wife used to live at nanango so plenty of road time out all thro all those areas
the v3 is only about $380 us and has droped the map senser but picked up lots other i think they say its the same as mega 2 with v3 borad but havnt looked that hard yet still dont know if im going inj or rs mik and dyna same price in the end between the two set ups and pretty even in plus and neg depart so time will tell but fuck they are small lol