PDA

View Full Version : More Herald Sun Gutter journalism

Shadowzone
04-12-2011, 03:53 PM
First there was this little gem of a headline:

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/more-news/bikie-runs-down-nine-year-old-boy/story-fn7x8me2-1226213088675

Which when read to my Mrs got the reply of "o he put on his helmet and leather Jacket/vest climbed on his bike and rode around looking for a kid to kill did he?". (Insert sarcasm here.)

Then there is this little pearler of a headline:

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/more-news/family-mourns-boy-run-over-and-killed-by-bikie/story-fn7x8me2-1226213424317

Again more sensationalism.

forget the fact the first paragraph in the first article clearly states it was a tragic accident. Ignore the fact that the bikies who came to the scene were in tears themselves as they're human and a kid was the victim of a tragic accident. Forget the fact he wasn't pissed or on drugs. Let's debase the loss of human life to "bikies are criminals who all have beards and moustaches."

Isn't it lucky for us that Movember is over or the streets would be filled with criminal bikie types all sporting the ever fabled 'stache...

I have some words for the Herald Sun Journo's and Editorial team:

You're Scum and I hope you all die slowly in a fire.

Weaselman
04-12-2011, 06:18 PM
"Police breathalysed the motorbike rider. About 15 other bikies were there. They all had beards and moustaches.''

Its tragic yes but WTF was the point in using that as a quote?

wackyrider
04-12-2011, 07:02 PM
First off my condolences to the family of the boy.

As for the reporter, i believe they should be fired. They have a word with words don't they. From the title it instigates that the biker intentionally ran down and killed the boy. This is not freedom of speech, this is bullying by hiding behind a newspaper. Personal opinions should have nothing to do with news reporting....

sharky
04-12-2011, 07:05 PM
Any chance to take a swipe at the clubs....
Saw nothing in the press about the money raised by the Rebels,Qld on Daniel Morcombe day...

Nudie
04-12-2011, 07:06 PM
Is Herald Sun the print media equivalent of a radio "Shock Jock"? If so, there will be thousands of house-bound retards clutching at their dressing gowns with cat's bum like scowls on their biggoted faces, as they frantically write letters to their local members demanding the immediate ban of facial hair for anybody who has never served time in jail.
Obviously, I will be shaving (my face) every day to avoid scrutiny

80s freak
07-12-2011, 07:35 PM
Is Herald Sun the print media equivalent of a radio "Shock Jock"? If so, there will be thousands of house-bound retards clutching at their dressing gowns with cat's bum like scowls on their biggoted faces, as they frantically write letters to their local members demanding the immediate ban of facial hair for anybody who has never served time in jail.
Obviously, I will be shaving (my face) every day to avoid scrutiny

After seeing you at Heathcote that's not all you shave.

BANDITROD
07-12-2011, 07:50 PM
Different Nudie you have there Geoff

Nudie
08-12-2011, 10:56 AM
Different Nudie you have there Geoff

He does live up to the name tho!

kev@vcm
08-12-2011, 11:27 AM
i dont know why this supprises you all i watched and read the artical and its just the usual gutter jurno shit where all tared with the same brush , i feel for the family of the boy and the rider of the bike (insert bikie) its a tragic loss for all involved ,

latheboy
08-12-2011, 11:52 AM

I didn't read it, don't care for the news and don't understand why anyone still watches or reads that shit....
Someone died? Yep thats shit.