PDA

View Full Version : Toowoomba boys

Fish
02-12-2011, 05:06 PM
Hey guys, what good roads to you travel up there. Thinking of doing a run up to you fellas then somewhere maybe west. What do you think? It would be good to put names to faces.

Tony Nitrous
02-12-2011, 05:35 PM
If you head North up the range from Toowoomba
(past the Farmers Arms Pub, lots of bikes/good feed)
you cant turn back down to Esk. Thats a fun road.

I normaly go Mt G, Up to the T near Sommerset dam,
across to Esk, up the Hampton, then Farmers Arms.
Same way back.

That would be waaaay better way to Toowoomba than the crappy highway.

lurch
02-12-2011, 06:49 PM
Tony's suggestion is probably the best way to go. A loop around through Cooyar and over the Bunya Mtns is about the only thing in a roughly western direction.

HYPER
02-12-2011, 10:08 PM
Sounds like a good run. What about in a fortnight - I'd be in :-)

Slain
03-12-2011, 06:44 PM
Won't have a bike running by then but depending on numbers and my work roster might be able to host a barbie and couple of beers at my house. I live about 10 minutes in the sticks from toowoomba.

jakam04
03-12-2011, 07:10 PM
Well get your shit sorted out slain. Im trying for a career change which may have a short stint in Toowoomba. Get these bikes running so I can borrow one while you ride the other for a spin lol... otherwise its gonna have to be play sessions in the fourby.

Jarrod

Shadowzone
03-12-2011, 08:58 PM
Hey Lurch was that your green Bandit out at USQ the other day?

And I wouldn't mind going for a ride with few of the boys. No idea where the farmers arms is but I'm sure I could find it with Harry's help.

Harry
03-12-2011, 10:25 PM
how much time do ya wanna spend riding ?...if i was going to hit a country pub i'd be looking at some where like maidenwell,it's got a great little pub good meal's ect..be a big day in the saddle for the brissy guy's. failing that you could just have toowoomba guy's meet ya's at esk, ride up threw ravensborn national park to hampton and out to crow's nest for lunch...there's lot's of little country town's to pick from. im at work from the 10th to the 18th

Tony Nitrous
03-12-2011, 10:34 PM
No idea where the farmers arms is

http://publocation.com.au/pubs/qld/cabarlah/the-farmers-arms

A few K's towards Toowoomba theres a BP servo too.

Often get up there for a bit of Sunday lunch on rides.

http://img6.imageshack.us/img6/6122/fa1za.jpg

Bob
04-12-2011, 01:55 PM
Id be in for this ride. Sounds fun, aslong as there is a steak and beer for lunch.

lurch
04-12-2011, 02:32 PM
Hey Lurch was that your green Bandit out at USQ the other day?

And I wouldn't mind going for a ride with few of the boys. No idea where the farmers arms is but I'm sure I could find it with Harry's help.

Nah I ride a black Speed Triple.

I'd def keen for a ride. I'm doing one uni subject over summer semester so don't have a lot of time spare but should be able to work something out.

DCRacing
05-12-2011, 12:16 PM
I would be up for it, if it is on a Sunday......
Would mean i have to get a bike registered