PDA

View Full Version : Data logging Dash

DCRacing
02-12-2011, 08:28 AM
Ok another question.
What is a good Dash for the racing side of things as far as having the ability for a little bit of data logging.
i have heard some of them do the whole gear, revs, temp, oil pressure, track map, speed thing and lap time etc etc.
or should i just get a tacho and shift light?
on that point what would be a good shift light??????

xa-mont
02-12-2011, 08:46 AM
i found a really cool one a while ago... let me see if i can find it...

xa-mont
02-12-2011, 08:54 AM
can't find the one i was thinking of, but this seems to do what you want...

http://www.aimsports.com/products/mychron4/index.html

DCRacing
02-12-2011, 10:07 AM
Yeah i have seen that one before, but haven't heard much on them, i think one of the other guys on here was playing around with them,

DCRacing
02-12-2011, 11:21 AM
I think one of the catches is the software side and accessing it in a useable format

DiscoDan
02-12-2011, 11:25 AM
I've been running a MyChron3 on my racebike for a few years now and I'm pretty happy with it. It has measurement and logging of revs, temp and laptimes but the newer versions capture more channels. After 6 months I stopped downloading the data to a PC but still use the dash recall features to check laptimes and temp after a race. I actually lost the IR beacon that goes on the pit wall a couple of years ago but so many people use them that it's not an issue, there's always a beacon on the wall you can use

My model didn't have shiftlights so I use a shift-i one made in melbourne which was $150 or so and very good. I don't use the tacho at all anymore, just rely on feel and the lights

http://www.ecliptech.com.au/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=59&Itemid=109

fimpBIKES
02-12-2011, 06:54 PM
smartphone?

DCRacing
05-12-2011, 12:36 PM
Lol, i don't need a smart phone, i am still having trouble with a normal one

anyway looking at a Mychron 4 with GPS, and i can upgrade it later for other data inputs, like suspension travel, front & rear wheel speed, brake pressure and throttle %.

Seems like a good thing.
$1200 approx.