PDA

View Full Version : Qld roadside imision tests ?

Tony Nitrous
28-11-2011, 08:17 PM
This came from what is normaly a quite reputable source of info.
(obviously it only aplies to newer bikes factory fitted with cat-converters)

Make of this what you will ..............

"They have the instruments which detects your emissions, if the cat/emissions has been tampered with your bike will be immediately de-registered, number plate and rego sticker removed, and vehicle deemed unroadworthy. You then have to get someone to tow it back to your place and rectify the problem, get a new RWC before presenting the bike at QT for re-rego. The fine is $600.00 and 4 points. This initiative was proposed last year by the Bligh Government but rejected, a further study into it revealed that 1 in 3 motorcycles have aftermaket exhausts with the actual cat removed. A further study revealed that the possible revenue raised from such defect will top the $20 million mark, something Anna decided to go after. New measuring instruments are now part of an officer's ever-growing number of gadgets available. At the moment everyone is eager to use them so be aware if your bike has no cat converter. The consequences are $$ and could result in loss of bike if individuals offend 3 times"

Large
28-11-2011, 08:23 PM
If this is true, I'd kill the bitch with a ball of my own snot*

* 3 months drying time over summer please

Redmohawk
28-11-2011, 08:25 PM
I find it hard to belive they will equip every car/wagon with a full 3 gas analiser when a simple visual inspection can acertain if the cat has been removed but hey it only tax payers money. I'm about to watch $6 million (5 armored trucks) get blown to shit just to see what flys off !

K6Thou
28-11-2011, 08:56 PM
Do the jacks/ dot guys have the power to do this road side ? I was under the impression it was a pit inspection thing ????

Tony Nitrous
28-11-2011, 09:05 PM
Never seen bikes tested, but transport department can do mobile checks in Qld.

"What is on-road vehicle emissions random testing?
On-road vehicle emissions random testing is a free service offered by the Department of Transport and Main Roads. It involves motorists being randomly pulled over to have their exhaust tested by the Aircare team of transport inspectors"

http://www.tmr.qld.gov.au/Community-and-environment/Environmental-management/How-you-can-make-a-difference/Free-vehicle-emissions-testing.aspx

Slain
28-11-2011, 09:10 PM
so glad im getting an old skool bike now :) bring on the mighty efe

Shadowzone
28-11-2011, 09:15 PM
I have an older (read pre fool injected model) XJR1300 so I'm good to go. Unless the Akra Phully Sick Fool system is over the top noise wise. Then I'm fooked..