PDA

View Full Version : Forum message

latheboy
28-11-2011, 07:08 AM
Hey Si and Sen,
I have got this message a couple of times in the last few days, today when i went to post a reply and the others were well i forget but i know i got them.

Errors

The following errors occurred with your submission

Your submission could not be processed because a security token was missing.

If this occurred unexpectedly, please inform the administrator and describe the action you performed before you received this error.

???????????????????????????????

latheboy
28-11-2011, 07:22 AM
I just got it again in Yella's thread, is it the same as the old forum in that you can't post within a minium time period?

Chase
28-11-2011, 08:01 AM
Does the site need cookies turned on?

Some sites store session info in the cookies on the local machine.

Gix11
28-11-2011, 12:50 PM
Hmm. Yea, there is a post time limit. I can check what it is, hang on...

Gix11
28-11-2011, 12:54 PM
Yea, it's set to 30 seconds. You must be fast mate! Also managed to find the default time was set to London when I check the wrong area. Cheers mate, you may have just helped me set the default time correctly as well!

As for the other issues, keep them coming, as I'm not sure but Callan may know.

latheboy
28-11-2011, 01:11 PM
No probs, I changed the time setting in my profile to straya when i got back in.

One of the other times i got the message was when i clicked a picture to enlarge it (hehe), it come up with the message instaed of a pic.

sen
28-11-2011, 01:24 PM
Yeah the default time setting doesn't change how users see the times, that's all up to their profiles, but it sets it for guests etc.

As for the security tokens, yeah you definitely need cookies. The security token is just a little thing passed between pages as you browse, to make sure it's still you, so spammers can't hijack your session.

It's known to fuck up sometimes, but not very often (eg if you see more than once, ever, something is wrong).

Try clearing all your cookies for the streetfighters domain entirely, and re log in... that will set all new cookies from scratch and should fix it.

latheboy
28-11-2011, 03:24 PM
Ok, so tell me about these "cookies"..... what are they and how do i find them?

sen
28-11-2011, 03:28 PM
What browser do you use?

bladehunter
28-11-2011, 04:19 PM
Can I have chocolate chip ? :cool:

Yella
28-11-2011, 04:25 PM
They can make you feel all funny if you have to many:p

sen
28-11-2011, 04:51 PM
There's good instructions here for all the major browsers on how to clear your cache & cookies:

https://mail.google.com/support/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=32050&from=8840&rd=1

latheboy
28-11-2011, 06:50 PM
I use explorer something something :)

Cool i followed the voice over guy and did it, we'll see if that warning pops up again.

Thanks.

sen
28-11-2011, 06:58 PM
If it does (or if it pops up for anyone else) make sure you tell us here, and tell us what you clicked when it happened, eg "I got the error after logging in" or "I got the error after clicking "What's New" etc..

Then we can narrow it down more and fix it :)