PDA

View Full Version : life the universe and everything....

Jockney Rebel
29-11-2008, 10:10 AM
i know im probably preaching to the converted ..
but ive come to the conclusion that its the humans in the world that have pushed the boundaries and taken risks that have furthered our development [i admit not always for the better..]

that instinct is in all of us and i believe needs to be fed ..thats why we jump out of aircraft for fun, ride bikes etc etc

so why do a section of the human race insist on putting obstacles in the way of what is obviuosly our natural order of things ..'
to explain
..when u put an artificial limit on something i believe its in our nature to try to exceed it but if the limits do not exsist we tend to limit ourselves according to our abilities [ ie we re not inherantly Lemming like are we ? and those of us who are ..well draw ur own conclusions from that ]
i have a little anecdote which may clarify it further
when i was a teenager my mother would insist on me being indoors by 11.pm [ a curfew i consistantly broke ..]
but yet when i turned 18 and the curfew was lifted i was consistantly in the house by 11.30ish mainly because ..evryone else was and we all had to get up for work ........ self regulation

the same can be said for speed limits ..have a look at all the roads in the world without posted daytime[i stress this because certain trans siberiean roads are killing fields at night ] limit s and u will see the driving manners of those using it are much better than thos of us who are forced to drive under artificial limits
for example

slower vehicles and drivers tend to stay over to the left /right [depending onthe country]rather than try to pass the truck on their left at110 when hes travelling at105 thus taking up useful space in the event of an accident [this has been proven on another thread ]
and in general lane manners are better

debate .....

Cruisecontrol
29-11-2008, 10:23 AM
The NT was a perfect example of self regulation.
Fatalities were always the lowest in the country by far and because people knew they could go as fast as they wanted they simply drove to the conditions.

RED ZX
29-11-2008, 10:39 AM
hooo-fucking-ray!!! there are other people out there who understand human nature (not the band).

I totally agree, and I believe that aust would greatly benefit from an Autobahn with no daytime limit, and a night time limit around 130?

I reckon we should kick everyone out of Parliament and we all take their place. Would be a much more road user friendly country.

Merlyn
29-11-2008, 08:37 PM
yes! AND LEGALISE DRUGS

BOHEMION
29-11-2008, 09:50 PM
Autobahn and legalised drugs, Thats GREAT......

Jockney Rebel
29-11-2008, 11:25 PM
HOLLAND

Fish
30-11-2008, 07:32 AM
I belive there was a study done on that some time ago somewhere and basically said what you all have said. It's this catering to the lowest common denominator bull shit that is buggering it all up. Seems nobody is allowed to have a brain anymore. Trafic lights anoy me too. I can look both ways to see if there is traffic coming or not, bloody traffic lights can't.

30-11-2008, 08:02 AM
All this OHS & PC stuff is wekening the gene pool.....if you need to be told not to dry your hair with a hot air gun you really shouldn't survive

Jockney Rebel
30-11-2008, 11:35 AM
...of course ur all right and putting it in a nutshell blade mate it is stunting our development [funny tho its only the common people who seem to suffer worse eh?]i mean if uve got the cash and back up i doubt if ud end up in jail for driving ur tesstarossa at 150+maybe im wrong but i think if it carries on like this eventually well be a race of overweight manic depressives [hopefully after im dead !!]