PDA

View Full Version : karma

Jockney Rebel
25-11-2008, 07:40 PM
This is a story of a poor scottish farmer during the 19th century

His name was Fleming, . One day, while trying to make a living for his family, he heard a cry for help coming from a nearby bog. He dropped his tools and ran to the bog.

There, mired to his waist in black muck, was a terrified boy, screaming and struggling to free himself. Farmer Fleming saved the lad from what could have been a slow and terrifying death.

The next day, a fancy carriage pulled up to the Scotsman's sparse surroundings. An elegantly dressed nobleman stepped out and introduced himself as the father of the boy Farmer Fleming had saved.

'I want to repay you,' said the nobleman. 'You saved my son's life.'

'No, I can't accept payment for what I did,' the Scottish farmer replied waving off the offer. At that moment, the farmer's own son came to the door of the family hovel.

'Is that your son?' the nobleman asked.
< B>

'Yes,' the farmer replied proudly.

'I'll make you a deal. Let me provide him with the level of education my own son will enjoy If the lad is anything like his father, he'll no doubt grow to be a man we both will be proud of.' And that he did.

Farmer Fleming's son attended the very best schools and in time, graduated from St. Mary's Hospital Medical School in London, and went on to become known throughout the world as the noted Sir Alexander Fleming, the discoverer of Penicillin.

Years afterward, the same nobleman's son who was saved from the bog was stricken with pneumonia.

What saved his life this time? Penicillin.

The name of the nobleman? Lord Randolph Churchill .. His son's name?

Sir Winston Churchill.

Someone once said: What goes around comes around.

Cruisecontrol
25-11-2008, 08:02 PM
The first time Churchill had Pneumonia was during WWII, and he was far from a boy then.

Good story, but.

gibbo
25-11-2008, 08:53 PM
That was a good story, then CC had to come along and fuck it up[B)]

Jockney Rebel
25-11-2008, 08:54 PM
lol dunno if its true but ill look it up

Jockney Rebel
25-11-2008, 08:57 PM
ALEXANDER FLEMING
Born: 6 August 1881
Birthplace: Lochfield, Aryshire, Scotland
Died: 11 March 1955
Best Known As: The bacteriologist who discovered penicillin
Alexander Fleming is famous for discovering the usefulness of penicillin as an antibacterial agent. Raised in rural Scotland, he moved to London in his teens and worked as a shipping clerk and served in the Territorial Army. He earned his medical degree in 1906 from St. Mary's Medical School, where he spent his career (with the exception of a stint as a medical corps captain during World War I). A researcher in the area of antiseptics and antibacterial substances, in 1921 he discovered a natural protein with bacteria-killing properties that he named lysozome. In his lab in 1928 Fleming discovered some bacteria-repelling mold in an uncovered culture of staphylococci. He identified the mold as Penicillium notatum and published his findings in 1929, naming the substance penicillin. Fleming lacked sufficient chemistry skills to exploit his findings, but years later penicillin was developed by Howard Florey and Ernest Chain into the first significant antibiotic. Fleming was knighted in 1944, and in 1945 he shared the Nobel prize in medicine and physiology with Florey and Chain.

Jockney Rebel
25-11-2008, 08:59 PM
WINSTON CHURCHILL
Born: 30 November 1874
Birthplace: Blenheim Palace, Oxfordshire, England
Died: 24 January 1965
Best Known As: Indefatigable prime minister of Britain during World War II
Soldier, politician and finally prime minister, Winston Churchill was one of Britain's greatest 20th-century heroes. He is particularly remembered for his indomitable spirit while leading Great Britain to victory in World War II. Churchill fought with the British Army in India and Sudan, and as a journalist was captured in South Africa (where his dispatches from the Boer War first brought him to public prominence). He became a member of Parliament in 1900 and remained an MP for over 64 years. His early topsy-turvy political career earned him many enemies, but his stirring speeches, bulldog tenacity and refusal to make peace with Adolf Hitler made him the popular choice to lead England through World War II. When Britain and its allies prevailed in 1945, Churchill's place in history was assured. (Ironically, he lost the prime ministership two months after Germany's surrender, when the opposition Labor Party took majority control of Parliament.) One of the 20th century's most quotable wits, Churchill wrote a plethora of histories, biographies and memoirs, including the landmark four-volume A History of the English-speaking Peoples (1956-58). In 1953 he was awarded the Nobel Prize in Literature; he was knighted the same year..........................so yep urban legend ..but good story tho lol

Jockney Rebel
25-11-2008, 09:24 PM
JIMMI WALKER
born:3rd sept 1960
birthplace :Irvine Ayrshire Scotland
died;n/a
Best known as: The drummer for semi-pro rock band 13th Floor from 1981-88,also had stints in other bands such as physcadelic rock outfit , The Unknown Colours ,and blues 4piece Durty Trix,son of a Royal scots guardsman he was raised in Scotland[and BFPO] til the age of 13 ,then his parents moved to London in 1973 where he attended Charlton boys grammer school, he attianed 3 o levels majoring in Physics English And Modern History ,on leaving school started an mechanical engineering vocational course as an apprentice for Ford europe attended Woolwich college.
During the 80's was heavily involved in the london music scene playing gigs at Glastonbury and support for the Groundhogs ,signed to Flickknife records in 1987 an independant label owned by former Hawkwind member Nic Calvert,but was to leave the band in late 88 .Travelled allover Europe on and off in the 90,s along with some stints as a chauffeur for Warner bros records, London motorcycle courier ,and a host of other related jobs.
Some months after returning from Holland met his spouse in 2002 in Stratford east London ..was married in Gibraltar in 2004 and emigrated to Australia in 2005,where he penned an autobiographical account of 80's London, whilst living on the Central Coast of NSW, he was knighted in 2014,after his Emmy award winning docu drama based on his Pulitzer prise winning book....lol

CBRRRT
26-11-2008, 02:05 AM
Never heard of im, was he a darkie?

Cruisecontrol
26-11-2008, 03:47 AM
quote:Originally posted by gibbo

I will remember that for next time.

"Never let facts get in the way of a good story".

Fish
26-11-2008, 09:03 AM
quote:Originally posted by Cruisecontrol

Works for polli's and media.

336LJ
26-11-2008, 09:10 AM
quote:Originally posted by Bitchfish

Works for polli's and media.

And religion

Fight_fan
26-11-2008, 11:29 AM
Yup! Twas a nice story tho! As for Jim being knighted...Im sure his unsavory reputation with the NSW constabulary would have something to say about that!

Jockney Rebel
26-11-2008, 04:31 PM

quote:Originally posted by gibbo

lmfao yeah i never did lol

Jockney Rebel
26-11-2008, 04:35 PM
yep there goes me knighthood ..oh and im scottish so thats a point down straght away

Jockney Rebel
26-11-2008, 04:36 PM
quote:Originally posted by CBRRRT

Never heard of im, was he a darkie?
...yeah a white one lol