PDA

View Full Version : Dirty Money Grubby Fuckers.

God
25-11-2008, 09:37 AM
Saw this on the news last night but haven't been able to find a photo.

Basically in Vic - number of speeding vehicles is down and when they are caught the speeds are generally only a few km over (ie below the tolerance level of the speedo) so govt revenue from speeding fines is below budget targets. The solution of course (as announced last week) is more speed cameras operating more of the time with fines to be increased next year. But of course it's all about the safety...

So sad to read they've had some troubles in testing their latest dirty fucker camera.

A NEW stealth speed camera was destroyed by angry road users while it was being tested.

The camera, which has the potential to reap millions of dollars for the State Government, has been installed on Maroondah Highway, Croydon, and is set off by laser sensors installed in roadside gutters only metres away.

It is promoted as being more accurate than other fixed speed cameras operating throughout the state. A single camera can picture any car travelling in one of three lanes, with two lasers gauging a car's lane and speed.

The Herald Sun has learned the camera was set up about three months ago, but was defaced and then destroyed by angry road users before it could be tested.

On November 5, youths spray-painted the camera, resulting in another camera being installed to catch vandals. Ten days later, three motorists tied a chain around the camera and ripped it from its base with their white Subaru station wagon.

Testing has now been delayed until it is repaired.

Shadowzone
25-11-2008, 09:42 AM
Thats heartbreaking to hear.

I'm truly saddened and devastated about this...

miniman1
25-11-2008, 09:55 AM
^^^^^^^^ Im sure we all are mate :D

fimpBIKES
25-11-2008, 11:38 AM
dumb fucks

apparently in NSW 1 in EIGHT p-platers are loosing their licenses but deaths are UP
its obviously NOT working

fimpBIKES
25-11-2008, 11:46 AM
P-plater disgrace as 104 drivers lose licence daily
Article from: The Daily Telegraph

* Font size: Decrease Increase
* Email article: Email
* Print article: Print
* Submit comment: Submit comment

Exclusive by Gemma Jones, Police Reporter

November 17, 2008 12:00am

POLICE are begging parents to control reckless P-platers after a spate of fatal crashes and revelations 104 young drivers are losing their licences each day.

More than 52,000 provisional licences have been suspended since laws The Daily Telegraph campaigned for were introduced on July 1 last year, RTA figures reveal.

Chief Superintendent John Hartley called on parents of young drivers to take more responsibility for their children's behaviour on our roads.

"We just have to all take a tougher stance on P-platers, more importantly parents and loved ones need to reinforce the message about safer driving habits," Supt Hartley said.

"Police can't sit in every car and monitor the driver, it only takes that one stupid mistake or accident and people die."

There are only 400,000 P-platers on the roads, meaning about one in eight have lost their licence during their short driving careers.

Another 2500 have been caught driving banned V8 and turbocharged cars, 2378 have broken the 11pm passenger curfew preventing P-platers driving with more than one person under 21 in the car and 573 have been caught using a mobile phone while behind the wheel.

And almost 22,000 P-platers have been penalised for failing to properly display P-plates.

After four deaths in the past month including a P-plate driver killed at Kurrajong, the deaths of two passengers and the driver of a car hit by a P-plater, Supt Hartley said the message was now failing to get through.

In the latest staggering example of recklessness, a 22-year-old female P-plater from Bondi was charged yesterday after she was allegedly caught with a blood alcohol concentration of 0.225 and driving at 109km/h on the Cahill Expressway.

A learner driver has also had his permit suspended after he was allegedly found driving a ute under the influence, with a group of friends in the back, at Blayney on the weekend.

NRMA president Alan Evans said it was now up to the community to change the attitudes of young drivers.

"We have got to tackle road deaths and find a real solution, it is something people all over the world are trying to do," he said.

"Punitive measures have some effect but don't work."

Mr Evans said a new program called Keys to Drive would be introduced in NSW with the help of Federal Government funding next year. "It is aimed at getting attitudinal and behavioural change," he said.

fimpBIKES
25-11-2008, 11:47 AM
Teens claim P-plater laws make them targets
Article from: The Daily Telegraph

* Font size: Decrease Increase
* Email article: Email
* Print article: Print
* Submit comment: Submit comment

By Gemma Jones

November 17, 2008 12:00am

SYDNEY'S roads are being taken over by young motorists with vastly different attitudes when it comes to driving.

At a popular "hoon hangout" in Sydney's southwest, young drivers have told of losing their licences for speeding and their frightening desire to street race.

Most Friday and Saturday nights police are targeting the fast food carpark in Orange Grove Rd, Liverpool, where The Daily Telegraph found about 100 carloads of mostly teenagers showing off their cars.

"I want to punch them in the face, whoever made those laws," Scott Graham said of the tough restrictions for young drivers which were introduced last year.

"It makes it unfair. The cops always pick on us."

Dean, 19, from Sydney's southwest, is one of 2500 young drivers caught in the past three years driving banned high-performance cars and has since traded down to a four-cylinder.

"I got pulled over and I got someone else to drive it home," he said.

Evan England, 18, said the greatest danger was in the first few weeks a young driver was left unsupervised in a car.

"I think P-platers are the best drivers, I bet my mum and dad wouldn't pass the P's test," he said.

Fight_fan
25-11-2008, 11:52 AM
Mate as a P-Plater, I kno 1st hand how fuckin easy it is to lose ur licence! I'v copped 2 bogus neg. driving charges n a charge for failing to correctly complete a U-Turn n that is my P2 licence suspended for 3 months! I get it pack on December the 16th! But to lose it straight up, no questions asked for one speeding offense no matter how small is insane! :C

Bear
25-11-2008, 02:06 PM
Maybe they should make it harder to get the licence rather than harder to keep it? It's not a right, it's a previlage to have a licence. Make it hard to get and they may try harder to keep it.
[?]
We're over-policed.

Shadowzone
25-11-2008, 02:18 PM
http://www.streetfighters.com.au/forum/upload/30618550948781.jpg

Merlyn
25-11-2008, 03:40 PM
Problem is, there are a lot of stupid young drivers out there. My brother is 16 and learning to drive. He thinks he knows everything, can drive without having to listen to what I say and *always* pushes the limit no matter how hard i try to slow him down.

It may be an unpopular view, but the newer driving games are so realistic, they're giving the newer generation the illusion they're more skilled than they really are. I have experienced a number of his friends displaying frightening over-confidence when it comes to their driving. If a P plater kills themselves unfortunately all have to pay. I was one year off the law that required 3 years on your Ps in NSW, and i was pissed off. We all gotta take the shit, but if people behave they might go easier.

that being said... "whats the colour of a two cent piece? copper, copper. whats the colour of a two cent piece? all coppers are cunts."

Docktor
25-11-2008, 03:44 PM
All the 134 police speeding cases last year were unrelated to emergencies.

RACV public policy general manager Ken Ogden, said police should not be treated differently. "We hope there has not been any favourable treatment," he said.

Mr Ogden said that given the high number of warnings issued to police, it was fair to ask if there was an issue of favourable treatment.

Victoria Police Assistant Commissioner Noel Ashby denied that there was special treatment for police.

He said it was likely police had been more aware of a new policy in which drivers with a clean driving record for two years could escape with a warning. "I think it's fair to say that previously the policy was not broadly known and it was only those who work in the industry that knew," he said.

[u]Two weeks ago Victoria Police announced it would be easier for speeding drivers to receive a warning instead of speeding fine</u>.

[u]Drivers with a clean driving record for two years or more who are detected speeding less than 10 km/h above the limit will receive a warning instead of a fine. Previously, drivers had to be infringement-free for three years.</u>

[u]</u>I call BULLSHIT

alfiestorm
25-11-2008, 03:59 PM
[quote]Originally posted by Bear

Maybe they should make it harder to get the licence rather than harder to keep it? It's not a right, it's a previlage to have a licence. Make it hard to get and they may try harder to keep it.
[?]
We're over-policed.

Yep agree with that. Thats what has happened over here in the UK.
Its harder to get your licence here now but it has proved to be a good thing.
Still get the few dickhead's that are like, yeah moosh got me licence and tear around but they dont last long. The good thing is the traffic cops have calmed down although they were nothing like nazi style cops you got in oz.

pt
25-11-2008, 06:21 PM
quote:Originally posted by Bear

[?]
We're over-policed.

fucking amen to that. having just been through the whole Ps thing. fuck, i couldnt have learnt less if i tried!

all for bike style learning for car wankers.

oldskool
25-11-2008, 10:25 PM
573 have been caught using a mobile phone thats FUCKED!
Every Fuckin P plater I see is on the fuckin phone and the cops dont seem to give a fuck
the amount of pricks on phones who have nearly knocked me off my bike is insane, let alone
new drivers who have no experience.

BOHEMION
26-11-2008, 12:23 AM
Agreed

1 "particular" Bike officer in the Northern Suburb area of brissy has nabbed 33 phone users since Monday. 2 of which dangerously changed lanes onto motorists because there on there phones. Mr Bike plod wasnt too happy to see this. cant be every where at once. but they try. Think the same officer is also very soft on lane splitting ;)

Bear I dont know the general feeling from ur state but in QLD were def not over policed, we just have LAZY traffic cops out to make there own books look nice and beefy by petty and lazy bookings. Think SOME traffic officers need to be reminded that its a public protection roll NOT a sales roll. How ever arrogance interperates/hinders there views of "public protection" most times.

Merlyn
26-11-2008, 06:41 AM
Victoria has to be the worst state, NSW close behind

Bear
26-11-2008, 10:51 AM
Correct me if I'm wrong here but, don't we have to go through an approved bike riding course before we can get a bike licence?
If that is true, and I think it's a good idea by the way, then why shouldn't car drivers have to go through an equivelent approved course? Car licence just involves a dead easy multiple choice exam and a driving test. No real road awareness tests or consequence lectures.

Things have obviously changed since my day but I fail to see why a car isn't as dangerous or more-so than a bike.
Some points for example:
A car is bigger so less room on a road to manouvre.
A car has more blind spots.
A car can carry more than 1 passenger so therefore more driver responsibility and more distraction.
There are more interior distractions in a car, from applying fkn makeup through to loading the CD player and mobile phones! (I hate phone users with a passion also)

I had to attend a driver safety course a year or so ago as part of the condition on keeping my licence (accumulation of points) and about 80% of the room were numbnuts under the age of 25 who thought that everything discussed was a joke and they bragged about how they lost their licence. Some were multiple offenders with even less regard.

I think I spent most of the 6 week course trying to work out why these guys and girls (the girls were worse with drink driving, actually) had these attitudes and the only thing I could come up with is that they thought they had a right to drive and once they had their licence, it was up to the cops to catch them and if you got caught, you weren't good enough as a driver or it was bad luck.
They never once thought that they were doing something wrong or were in the wrong. Some would even argue with the lecturers, to the amusement of rest of the class.

It was very obvious to me that they thought a licence was cheap. They were prepared to risk losing it and if they did lose it, they knew it wouldn't be long before they had it back and then they just had to avoid getting caught again.
The people there like me, Dad's with families and work commitments, all needed to hang on their licence because it meant family hardship or loss of their job if they didn't.

I'm sorry if I raved on a bit. I think it's good discussion and that tin-top drivers and new drivers get it waaay too easy. There's a definate imbalance. I hope a politician or a cop reads this thread.

God
26-11-2008, 12:03 PM
Hey Docktor,

What is missing from the police announcement is that you have to apply for it.

It is hidden here http://www.police.vic.gov.au/content.asp?Document_ID=10369

Bummer I only found out about it/the need to apply last weekend.

I really could have used it a few months ago when they got me for 79 in what used to be an 80 zone.

fimpBIKES
26-11-2008, 12:12 PM
im amazed those people bothered showing up, cant loose a license if you drive around without one [XX(]

deadshits

djc133
27-11-2008, 09:48 PM
Eastern suburbs bogans are good for something.

Weaselman
28-11-2008, 06:51 PM
Im a professional driver by trade and im a biker and i own V8 cars.
When you spend every day on the road you get to suss out the general feel of driving talent.

In sydney... Everyone is fucked.
Truckies give way to truckies and thats about it.
Bike riders are either tards or on scooters which makes them a default tard as you dont even need a proper motorcycle licence to ride the small ones its just an extention of a car licence.

But if drivers get worse then the good drivers pick up the bad habits to cope with the bad driver and it becomes a domino effect.
Im all for power restrictions for P platers but i think if they bust your balls to get a bike licence fuckin hammer them for a car licence.

They hammer you for a truck licence and a bike licence
But car drivers just cruise through

I have no respect as i rode a bike first