PDA

View Full Version : Dusted off the PS2

Hillsy
16-11-2008, 10:59 AM
Well, since I've been housebound of late I pulled out MotoGP4 and tried to better some of my old lap times.

I got a 1'29.228 at Phillip Island yesterday:D

The bad news was it was on the Honda...:(

Merlyn
16-11-2008, 11:47 AM
Get a Wii [8D]:D

ozzy1100
16-11-2008, 12:18 PM
my wife got the wii fit as a early crissy presy merlyn she love it lol
she has tried 2 get me on but i just plan sux
well more 2 the piont just lazy

336LJ
16-11-2008, 05:45 PM
quote:Originally posted by ozzy1100

my wife got the wii fit as a early crissy presy merlyn she love it lol
she has tried 2 get me on but i just plan sux
well more 2 the piont just lazy

yep, video games are supposed to be played with your thumbs. sitting on your ass.

Might as well just run around the block a few times or join gymnastics instead of paying for a wii.

Merlyn
16-11-2008, 07:17 PM
i sit on my arse playing the Wii... bowling, tennis, fishing, pool, boxing etc the Wii fit thing i wouldnt pay for... i dont exercise anyway :P

fimpBIKES
16-11-2008, 08:00 PM
apparently motoGP 08 on wii is meant to be pretty interesting
def going to hire it out and see if its realistic at all when its available [:

boris
17-11-2008, 11:10 AM
so the motorbike games on PS2 are pretty good are they? My second X-box just shit itself so am getting a PS2 (for the kids of course) but never really played bike racing games any suggestions what racing games to get(for the kids)

fimpBIKES
17-11-2008, 11:38 AM
tourist trophy was one i enjoyed tremendously
def a "must have" on PS2

336LJ
17-11-2008, 12:20 PM
quote:Originally posted by boris

so the motorbike games on PS2 are pretty good are they? My second X-box just shit itself so am getting a PS2 (for the kids of course) but never really played bike racing games any suggestions what racing games to get(for the kids)

go ps3. so much better. blue ray dvd player too.
And I'm 99% sure it is backwards compatible with ps2 games anyway, I chucked my original PSX (the first playstation) games in it and they all work.
Free online gaming too
but i think you might have to sell one of the kids to get one.

fimpBIKES
17-11-2008, 01:14 PM
sorry mate, the original ps3's were

the newer/cheaper ones are not

i agree, they kick ass
havent played any motorbike games as such

but in GTA4 you lean the bikes with the controller (it picks up tilt) and its fucking great!

JackTar
17-11-2008, 04:52 PM
quote:Originally posted by 336LJ

quote:Originally posted by boris

go ps3. so much better. blue ray dvd player too.
And I'm 99% sure it is backwards compatible with ps2 games anyway, I chucked my original PSX (the first playstation) games in it and they all work.
Free online gaming too
but i think you might have to sell one of the kids to get one.

I don't have either of these however I would have assumed that the third one is better than the second one but I am just old fashioned like that.

Iceman
17-11-2008, 05:00 PM
I saw MotoGP08 for ps2 at big W the other day when we were xmas shopping for the kids, was only $50. I almost bought it, but was reminded that the kids might not want it as much as I do. lol

17-11-2008, 05:41 PM
sounds like your kids need cement for Xmas Clint

boris
17-11-2008, 06:35 PM
Duly noted thnx guys will keep my eyes open for tourist trophy the kids favourite game on xbox was need for speed underground 2 its awesome gotta try it on ps2 now

336LJ
18-11-2008, 12:50 PM
quote:Originally posted by fimpBIKES

sorry mate, the original ps3's were

the newer/cheaper ones are not

i agree, they kick ass
havent played any motorbike games as such

but in GTA4 you lean the bikes with the controller (it picks up tilt) and its fucking great!

Yeah thats my fav part about the game, and on multiplayer poppin a mono and slowly riding it around town with the wheel up.
The stacks are pretty realistic too (except for the lack of gravel rash) I had a head on with a car once. flew through the air, spun along like a ninja star on the ground, and it slow mo'd just as his head connected with a planter box and killed him. I couldnt beleive it. Even my mrs plays it. I should never have taught her the line "FUCK OFF CUNT" she sounds so abo when she's mocking people via the headset.

fimpBIKES
18-11-2008, 02:41 PM
WEEEENDYYYYY lol

i'll check that out clint, cheers!

Fight_fan
18-11-2008, 03:32 PM
quote:Originally posted by fimpBIKES

WEEEENDYYYYY lol

LMAO! That was the 1st thing that came to my mind too! Her n her 14 sons'l cum n fuck youse cunts up! :D ;)

18-11-2008, 05:16 PM
LMAO!!! When wendy set off to pass out in a gutter that day i bet she didn't know she was gunna become a minor internet star :D

Hillsy
19-11-2008, 11:37 AM
Alrighty! Took a walk down to the local EB Games....

http://www.streetfighters.com.au/forum/upload/335176873454410.JPG

Now I can push Stoner off the track in the premier class....[:0]