PDA

View Full Version : More Noise fines then??

speeddemon
26-10-2007, 09:58 PM
For those in NSW see link:

http://www.environment.nsw.gov.au/noise/rispoeonoise07.htm

Basically, baffles that are not welded or riveted - fine
If you vehicle doesn't meet the actual noise test (so not 94 dB, and possibly a fair bit lower) - fine

enables police and DECC officers to conduct a simple visual test and
aural check to determine if a vehicle’s noise control equipment is defective. - fine

etc etc...

Large
26-10-2007, 10:03 PM
We need a few more political assasinations in NSW to focus the politicunts minds on the job of delivering services instead of delivering more gormless rules

fimpBIKES
26-10-2007, 10:04 PM
not this shit again....

Jockney Rebel
26-10-2007, 11:51 PM
we got this in europe a year or so ago restrict to 94 db further to this is the euro commisions newest bit of proposed legislation which will hit the small motor builder ie construction and use regs
it states that you must not use parts that are not approved by the vehicles original manufacturer[kinda fucks the classic brigade who restore cars and bikes from factories that no longer exsist]
the bit that concerns jo soap bike builders is that theyd be no more makin yer own bits , and any aftermarket stuff will have to be passed by the bikes manufacturer before its legal to fit to ur bike
i know this applies to europe but as we know legislation over there is watched by the[ that sounds like a good idea ] bods who make the rules here

Weaselman
27-10-2007, 01:13 AM
Least its only in the proposed stage. If the motorcycle council and car enthusiast groups get up then it can be defeated. *fingers Crossed*

As if we dont get our asses kicked already. I own a CRM250 2 Stroke thats had the motard treatment. Even with the stock exhaust it means it would exceed the noise requirements. If that the case the cunts can refund me the cost of rego and greenslip that the skin me for every 12 months.
Plus a decent levy to take it off the road.

Jockney Rebel
27-10-2007, 03:02 AM
..a lot of the chop builders in britia are worried about this new bill coz itll efffectivly put thrm out of business as the euro twats also want minimum build numbers ..hope it dont find its way here

lewis
27-10-2007, 01:03 PM
my gsxr is stamped 96db at 9800?? revs standard, what the?? this cant go ahead?

damo1
28-10-2007, 10:13 AM
I remember last time all this shit went down some guy got booked and took it to court and one.

The reason for it was that its not up to the individual opinion of the copper if the bikes are to loud they can only book you for having a bike thats to loud if they have a DB tester and can check it there and then.

As for the baffles being welded in ???????? what about all of the guys out there with staintune pipes with the bolt ins and i know theres other brands out there that do the same thing from factory and they call them street legal withy a removable baffle for the track.

speeddemon
28-10-2007, 04:35 PM
Its all very (quote NTB) 'loose' and I reckon it will cause the gov many headaches if it goes through in its current form.

Apparently some Liberal Demcrat Party is all pro bikes/cars etc. maybe Ill vote for them as they want to lift speed limits by up to 30km/h

damo1
28-10-2007, 06:58 PM
quote:Originally posted by speeddemon

Its all very (quote NTB) 'loose' and I reckon it will cause the gov many headaches if it goes through in its current form.

Apparently some Liberal Demcrat Party is all pro bikes/cars etc. maybe Ill vote for them as they want to lift speed limits by up to 30km/h

Really can you name exactly what party[?]

Im sure almost every body here would probably vote for them:D;)

zx12argh
29-10-2007, 12:30 PM
^^^
Doubt it but ditto

speeddemon
29-10-2007, 08:42 PM
here you go fellas

http://www.ldp.org.au/federal/policies/traffic_laws.html