PDA

View Full Version : A worthy cause

scotty
31-10-2008, 11:42 AM
A favour to ask, it only takes a minute....

The *** Cancer site is having trouble getting enough people to click on their site daily to meet their quota of donating at least one free mammogram a day to an underprivileged woman.

It takes less than a minute to go to their site and click on 'donating a mammogram' for free (pink window in the middle). This doesn't cost you a thing. Their corporate sponsors/advertisers use the number of daily visits to donate mammogram in exchange for advertising.

Here's the web site! Pass it along to people you know. http://www.thebreastcancersite.com/

gibbo
31-10-2008, 12:01 PM
Good one Scotty, just clicked and emailed it to some others.

Cruisecontrol
31-10-2008, 12:34 PM
I am sick and tired of hearing about bloody breast cancer, the "politically correct cancer".
I am also sick of seeing blokes (NRL, AFL, newsraders etc) talking up breast cancer wearing pink shit to score points. Just as many guys die of prostate cancer and it gets fuck all recognition.
Come on fellas, how about we look out for ourselves for once (remembering tomorrow 1/11 is International Mens Day).

zx12argh
31-10-2008, 12:40 PM
I agree there needs to be more publicity about prostate cancer but you can support one without excluding the other. Just cause its a politcally correct cause doesn't mean it doesn't deserve attention.

Its our own fault that we don't push this shit (pardon the prostate pun :D) more - its a credit to the shielas that their not for profit support groups have pushed publicity this hard.

Mind you I'd rather have my tits squashed in a machine then have some doctor put two fingers up my arse... ;)

BANDITROD
31-10-2008, 12:59 PM
as far asd i am concerned having lost my pa recently to lung cancer (not from smoking) and having seen my nan lose one of her tits to breast cancer i reckon any fucking cancer deserves attention so i am in scotty i have just done my bit and passed it on to others mate

BANDITROD
31-10-2008, 01:00 PM
quote:Originally posted by zx12argh

Mind you I'd rather have my tits squashed in a machine then have some doctor put two fingers up my arse... ;)
now cmon we both know that is a lie big fella [:X][:X]

Shadowzone
31-10-2008, 01:26 PM
quote:Originally posted by BANDITROD

Not if I say it, the last Doc, never bought me dinner first and he still hasn't called, the bitch!!!

Razorback
31-10-2008, 02:25 PM
Im all for men getting more recognition....

Any of the female members want to give me a testicle examination ?

Im a fair man I will reciprocate with a breast exam.... cant say fairer than that.... and its all for a good cause...

Fuck Im a good bloke... just ask me... Ill tell ya...

Merlyn
31-10-2008, 03:40 PM
quote:Originally posted by Razorback

Its best done on your own, considering youre the one that touches them the most [xx(]

S'why women feel their breasts... that and other reasons.

Clicked and Emailed around to my friends. Way to go Scotty, my aunt is currently fighting breast cancer. And my pop is in remission with his prostate cancer.

Plenty of men do die from prostate cancer, and its an absolute tragedy because once caught in early stages prostate cancer is easy to fight... easier to fight that breast cancer unfortunately.

I spose it gets so much more publicity because there are so many people who are affected by breast cancer, it is the most common.

zx12argh
31-10-2008, 03:46 PM
quote:Originally posted by BANDITROD

I are you making an offer mate? You better follow through or your just another tease [:0][:X]

Docktor
31-10-2008, 03:48 PM
Still cant believe that, a doctor sticks 2 of HIS fingers up OUR ass..... to see if we ARE sick ? Its him who is sick !. And I clicked on the save a titty competition too for ya Scotty.
And there is a prostrate cancer ride comin up soon in melbourne too. Think its just piles of bums ridin round on bikes............ I even make myself titter a little.

Shadowzone
31-10-2008, 03:50 PM
Here ya go, even though you're not actually helping an Australian Woman, you are really helping a woman get a free Mammogram.

http://www.snopes.com/inboxer/charity/mammogram.asp

KATO ZX7
31-10-2008, 03:58 PM
Good work Scotty, thanks for bringing it too our attention.

Cruisecontrol
31-10-2008, 04:31 PM
quote:Originally posted by Merlyn

I spose it gets so much more publicity because there are so many people who are affected by breast cancer, it is the most common.

That is just misinformation perpetuated by the people running these campaigns. It is a business nowdays due to the amount of money generated.

From the NSW Cancer Council:

Most Common Cancers in NSW

* In 2005, accounting to 61% of new cases in both males and females - prostate cancer 5,913 (17%), bowel 4,483 (13%), breast 4,070 (12%), melanoma 3,505 (10%) and lung cancer 2,950 (9%).

* Four sites accounted for 63% of new cancers in males. These were cancers of the prostate (31%), bowel (13%), melanoma (10%) and lung cancer (9%). Compared to 2004, the breakdowns are the same except for prostate cancer which has increased by 2% and lung cancer decreased by 1%.

* Four sites accounted for 59% of new cancers in females. These were breast cancer (27%), bowel (14%), melanoma (10%) and lung cancer (8%). Compared to 2004, the breakdowns are the same except for lung cancer which is 1% higher.

Merlyn
31-10-2008, 05:44 PM
Fair enough Cruise... im not trying to perpetuate any misinformation...

When i said the most common, i meant most common cancer for women, which im sure you'll agree was an accurate statement.

Oh and i find it a little odd that you're trying to make this something more than what it was originally intended. Its not a cancer pissing match, without these foundations there wouldn't be any money, or research, or people surviving. Its humanity in it's essence, dont drag it into negativity with statements like "im sick and tired" etc. Its unnecessary.

Merlyn
31-10-2008, 05:52 PM
I would also like to point out, Breast Cancer doesnt just affect women... its growing in occurrence among men as well.

Cruisecontrol
31-10-2008, 06:00 PM
I disagree.

There is no doubt that womens agendas are being pushed far more than mens these days.
My point is a simple one.
Men are as important as women, therefore mens health issues should be as equally recognised as womens, and it is up to us as men to do it.

This is a US study but the figures are not dissimilar to those here:

Cancer (New cases) N.C.I. Funding per New Case

Prostate (234,460) $1,318
Breast (214,640) $2,596
Lung (174,470) $1,518
Colon (106,680) $2,361

Bearing in mind that prostate cancer is the most common form of cancer, these figures are utterly unjustifiable.

Shadowzone
31-10-2008, 06:17 PM
I think I've just found another victim.

Cruise I'll PM you about something I'm planning on putting together as a fundraiser for Prostate Cancer.

I'm more than sure you'd be a willing and able participant in this hair brained scheme of mine...

It may take me a couple of days to get around to it, but I'll make it happen asap.

Cruisecontrol
31-10-2008, 06:19 PM
I am a definite, even though I have no idea what you are on about...:D

KATO ZX7
31-10-2008, 06:31 PM
Cancer is cancer, it is not a disease that is choosey with its victims.

Im sure those that are aflicted by it are "sick and tired" of the methods in which are used to treat it.

Lets just hope that blokes are more willing to get checked up on by doctors,
those that say "she'l be right mate" and ignore the warning signs are already playing with the reaper (so to speak)

Just my 2 cents.

We need to stick together with this and to hell with what sex is more important.
WE ARE ALL IMPORTANT TO SOMEBODY!!

ozkat
31-10-2008, 06:38 PM
quote:Originally posted by Docktor

Still cant believe that, a doctor sticks 2 of HIS fingers up OUR ass..... to see if we ARE sick ? Its him who is sick !. And I clicked on the save a titty competition too for ya Scotty.
And there is a prostrate cancer ride comin up soon in melbourne too. Think its just piles of bums ridin round on bikes............ I even make myself titter a little.
There is no need for docs to stick their fingers up your clacker any more. There a non obtrusive ways of doing it now. So no need to worry. All blokes over 40 should have a checkup.

Cruisecontrol
31-10-2008, 07:04 PM
quote:Originally posted by KATO ZX7

Cancer is cancer, it is not a disease that is choosey with its victims.

I agree.

Cancer does not discriminate, so why do we?

kevkatana
31-10-2008, 07:44 PM
I just clicked on it to. I also regestered on Movember.com. the other day. Just doing my bit. If ya want to sponsor me my registration number is 1524281

Azrael
31-10-2008, 07:46 PM
All cancer is fucked, clicked +1

Merlyn
31-10-2008, 07:54 PM
quote:Originally posted by Cruisecontrol

I and it is up to us as men to do it.

Women and wives try... but hard as we do some men just refuse to go to the doctor. So the figures can be changed with a little bit of action... but as you say, its up to you men to get out there and be heard.... I AM BIKER HEAR ME RAWR! Also have you considered the cost of the treatments for each? Some may cost more than others, so it may not be about whose more important than who... in fact im sure its not.

I say you men should start some prostate cancer foundation and organise an ASF charity run. Either that or stop complaining about the lack of attention... It all starts with one.

Hagarr
31-10-2008, 07:58 PM
Did my little bit!!

Cruisecontrol
31-10-2008, 08:18 PM

but as you say, its up to you men to get out there and be heard.... I AM BIKER HEAR ME RAWR! Also have you considered the cost of the treatments for each? Some may cost more than others, so it may not be about whose more important than who... in fact im sure its not.

Treatments costs aside, whatever they my be the simple truth is that there are more instances of prostate cancer but less funding.
Men are on the outer in western society. A few minutes of watching TV will show some woman ridiculing a man because he is "stupid" etc be it an ad for nappies or a music video for example.
My wife is a primary school teacher and I know for a fact that for the last 15 or so years there has been a push to increase emphasis on girls education (and going on standardised test over the last few years to the detriment of boys).
Equality is exactly that.

This has gone a long way from my original point however I do find it disappointing to see men pushing womens illnesses above those of men.

Merlyn
31-10-2008, 08:28 PM
quote:Originally posted by Cruisecontrol

but as you say, its up to you men to get out there and be heard.... I AM BIKER HEAR ME RAWR! Also have you considered the cost of the treatments for each? Some may cost more than others, so it may not be about whose more important than who... in fact im sure its not.

My wife is a primary school teacher and I know for a fact that for the last 15 or so years there has been a push to increase emphasis on girls education (and going on standardised test over the last few years to the detriment of boys).

Im in the process of becoming a Secondary Teacher, and from my experience, thats just not true - anymore, or these days, or whatever. But things are supposed to be working in a completely different way, with particular emphasis on the needs of individual students regardless of sex, race, or ability.

Perhaps I live in a too Utopian Eastern Sydney world, but as a teacher to be I like to think I uphold that standard of 'equality'. (Which gets used as a buzz word so much its almost lost its meaning.)

But you know what, this click for breast cancer thing, is for those who are underprivileged, and male or female they need our help. As i pointed out before, Breast Cancer is not just a female cancer, perhaps one day you might need a mammogram.

Cruisecontrol
31-10-2008, 08:32 PM
You callin' me fat? :D

Jockney Rebel
01-11-2008, 04:04 AM
done me clickin thing and ..ill get involved in shadows ..hairbrained scheme too [although im a bit puzzeled too dan..] spose i should get checked [i had a full medical before theyd let me in here 3yrs ago ]

Weaselman
01-11-2008, 07:18 AM
yeah and they still couldnt figure out what you are

gixkat
01-11-2008, 08:27 AM
I still find it hard to believe blokes are worried about the old doc sticking a finger up your rectum, like its a gay thing, for fucks sake !.

Now i think im pretty qualified to speak on the subject seeing as i had a regular checkup starting in my 40th year, after the fourth one the doc says "hmmmmm we better get that checked", six months later ive had a transuretheral prostatectomy, not much fun but everything still works, in fact woke up first night with a nurse checking the tubes coming out of the old fella and we both had a laugh at the fact he stood to attention for her (bloody painful though) and she wouldn't finish the job, mumbled sumthin about going to find a cold spoon.
Fact is if i hadn't gone and got those check ups well who knows,as for the finger up the arse i had a new joke for each time he did it, IE: "you could have bought me a drink first" he's heard them all by the way, but get over it fellas and have it done.

And cruise i get your point mate, the most discriminated against demographic in western society wether it be health issues, taxes, subsidies or awareness campaigns, is the 25yo to 55yo white middle class male, FUCK ALL in return for our imput into society, sheesh dont even get me started on that isuue, lol.
thats my two cents, cheers GK.

Fight_fan
01-11-2008, 08:34 AM
Good onya GK! Im only 21 so I havnt had the ol' cold finger but I dont see what the big deal is hey! Theres nothin sexual about so what do u have to be afraid of... worried u'l like it? It sure as hell beats havin a tit squeezed so hard it feels like it could burst or have a fuckin mincing machine shoved up ur twat to take scrapings! We have it easy in that respect, so man up! It could save ur life FFS!

Oh yeah I also clicked the donation button... ;)

Shadowzone
01-11-2008, 08:39 AM
quote:Originally posted by Jockney Rebel

done me clickin thing and ..ill get involved in shadows ..hairbrained scheme too [although im a bit puzzeled too dan..] spose i should get checked [i had a full medical before theyd let me in here 3yrs ago ]

PM Sent Mate...

Fight_fan
01-11-2008, 09:30 AM
Well now im jst curious... What is this scheme that'd leave u dangerous if u even began to kno what u were thinkin about Shadow?

papa smurf
01-11-2008, 09:46 AM
Everybody where i work is doing the Movember thing for Prostate cancer, ie; all the clean skins are growing a MO & paying for the privilage by donating to the appeal fund.
I decided to go the other way as i already had substantial facial hair, i had to be clean shaven on Oct. 31st & i'm gonna stay that way for the next month.[:0]
I copped it royally at work all day yesterday, but will make up for that with a whole month of watching the other pussies whinging about there face being itchy etc.:D:D
It's a good cause that doesn't get enough publicity.
Just google Movember & get on there website & actually do something if you feel that strongly about it.;)

BANDITROD
01-11-2008, 10:18 AM
quote:Originally posted by Weaselman

yeah and they still couldnt figure out what you are
lol

BANDITROD
01-11-2008, 10:19 AM
they are doing movember around these parts aswell rick

gixkat
01-11-2008, 12:50 PM
hehe Rick doesn't think anything happens south of Brisbane:D;)

Merlyn
01-11-2008, 03:40 PM
My dad shaved his beard off and left his mo for movember... its a scary thing when hes had a beard my whole life... its like something from another planet..

oh and as for you boys who cant handle a finger up ya arse... trying being a girl, have a look at a speculum or a sound sometime and get back to me on internal violation... And trust me, its not sexual when you have an ultrasound stick, yes stick, going up to look at your ovaries...

pussies :P

p.s Bandit... WHATS THE SIGNAL?

JackTar
04-11-2008, 09:54 AM
Hey Dan I have always thought if breast cancer gets money from pink timtams prostate cancer should get money from brown ones.

I agree that both cancers are fucked (yes I did come up with that by myself) but I also know exactly where Dan is coming from. People say 'well men won't go and get checked' or 'men don't care about it', I would argue that women were exactly the same before breast cancer was rammed down our throats. I am more than willing to fork over my hard earned for either cancer and have done on numerous occasions but I am sick and fucking tired of seeing all of this pink shit. Who even regulates all of this stuff? I would bet my left one that there are a shit load of companies just jumping on the bandwagon making their products pink and not forking over any cash.

I am not opposed to anyone raising money for breast cancer but I feel that said advertising has become a commodity.

Oh and I clicked it.

I tell ya what really sucks arse I am not allowed to have a fucking moustache(spelling?)

JackTar
04-11-2008, 10:00 AM
quote:Originally posted by gixkat

I still find it hard to believe blokes are worried about the old doc sticking a finger up your rectum, like its a gay thing, for fucks sake !.

You know what they say in gaol mate 'only hurts the first time'.

Bring on the Navy jokes fuckbags :D

zx12argh
04-11-2008, 12:29 PM
quote:Originally posted by JackTar
I tell ya what really sucks arse I am not allowed to have a fucking moustache(spelling?)

Tickles the balls too much?

Razorback
04-11-2008, 12:32 PM

quote:Originally posted by Razorback

Its best done on your own, considering youre the one that touches them the most

Damn you seem to know me so well yet we have never met :D

Merlyn
04-11-2008, 03:47 PM
maybe its just that i know most women would rather you touch the testicles rather than them having to do it for you :)

Razorback
04-11-2008, 03:54 PM
Yeah your right..... its getting harder and harder to get women to cup your sack these days..... I blame society...

JackTar
04-11-2008, 04:18 PM

Tickles the balls too much?

That and they are illegal in the Navy.

Cruisecontrol
04-11-2008, 04:26 PM
Do you still have to write a minute and get approval to grow a beard?

And that TimTam idea is gold!

JackTar
04-11-2008, 04:50 PM
We have to do a personnel request, requesting to cease shaving. Then ya have two weeks to grow what looks like it will probably be a descent set but if it looks like a fumanshu then no dice shave off old son.

flyingfatman
04-11-2008, 05:52 PM
done and done mate

zx12argh
05-11-2008, 12:04 AM

We have to do a personnel request, requesting to cease shaving. Then ya have two weeks to grow what looks like it will probably be a descent set but if it looks like a fumanshu then no dice shave off old son.

Does this mean you have an inability to grow a legitimate clit tickler?

I love this site - breast cancer -> copping a couple fingers up the arse -> navy mustaches.
Its better then 6 degrees of kevin bacon.

Fish
05-11-2008, 10:07 AM

Hey Dan I have always thought if breast cancer gets money from pink timtams prostate cancer should get money from brown ones.

ROFL!!!:D

I'll tell you why breast cancer gets so much attention. It's cause every one loves boobs. Women love having them, men like playing with them[:0]. To quote the bloodhound gang, "Hooray for Boobies"!

Razorback
05-11-2008, 10:51 AM
Boobies do rock!

Fight_fan
05-11-2008, 11:51 AM
I was thinkin last night, how hard would it be to organise a charity ride to raise money for prostate cancer research? They do em for breast cancer all the time! All u'd need is the support of the motorcycling council of Oz, & some media attention... I think...
Would it be so difficult to arrange if we all chipped in?

Should I jst stop thinking? [:I]

scotty
05-11-2008, 12:03 PM
After an extensive search I have found that there are a couple a ways to get some suport for the poor old fellas with ass probs(didnt mean to upset anyone with the titty web page) So how about an ASF prosy barby (could hold one or two in every state and put the proceeds together for a donation)???

zx12argh
05-11-2008, 12:25 PM
I'd be in for that - i can provide a venue - tho it ain't the greatest for bike parking.
Otherwise i can chip in for catering etc - i'm not half bad on the bbq.

Razorback
05-11-2008, 12:38 PM
Id be in.... assuming no one is going to play with my ass.... unless they are female and good looking.... and preferably have their own bike.... nothing flash... just so I dont have to 2 up them.... also if they can cook would help... ok I got sidetracked... Id be in.

Merlyn
05-11-2008, 01:20 PM
see now you boys are talking... its all gotta start somewhere, and get enough angry street fighters fighting for the cause, word will get out in no time. Great idea with the BBQ, just gotta make sure the costs of putting it on dont outweigh the donation.

Razorback
05-11-2008, 01:25 PM
And not having it on one side of Oz would help.... maybe somewhere close to the middle... like Adelaide =D

scotty
05-11-2008, 02:19 PM
I was thinking of one per state(happy to hold a vic one) where ya chuck in goldy for a snagg or somfink

Razorback
05-11-2008, 02:31 PM
Actually it might be an idea for someone in SA (if we do this) to organise with say.... The Bike Garage in Strath to do it on a Sunday at about 11am... if you had a sizzle there it would be like Solid bikers wall to wall...

Fight_fan
05-11-2008, 03:09 PM
Yeh organising it in conjunction with another even may help aswell! I was thinkin if we put the word out for a charity ride everyone that turns up chips in or whatever & meet in a common public place, even use sponsorship to raise a bit extra! Or did u guys wanna keep it strictly ASF? The more the merrier when it comes to raisin funds I rekon! My missus thinks we should hold a Massive ride, like that guy that went to perth n back who raised a shit load, jst maybe on a smaller scale! Do u rekon she's tryin to keep me outa the house? :D

scotty
05-11-2008, 03:10 PM
Thats the shite pete. and av one at a bike shop in Elizabeth st in melbs, get the goldy, Syd gay bo's,brissy and WA boys to do the same

Shadowzone
06-11-2008, 12:48 AM
Fight Fan, my hair brained scheme was to ride from Melbourne to Bamaga with a twist.

It'll be done on 100cc scooters.

I've got 10 in so far, so if you're up for it, we'll be fightering them by chopping the guts out of the fairings, and adding snorkels for creek crossings. We'll be needing support vehicles, and it'll be a heap of fun. You'll need your own swag but, cause I'm not sharing mine sorry to say...

Fight_fan
06-11-2008, 06:39 AM
quote:Originally posted by Shadowzone

Fight Fan, my hair brained scheme was to ride from Melbourne to Bamaga with a twist.

I've got 10 in so far, so if you're up for it, we'll be fightering them by chopping the guts out of the fairings, and adding snorkels for creek crossings. We'll be needing support vehicles, and it'll be a heap of fun. You'll need your own swag but, cause I'm not sharing mine sorry to say...

Hell yes! Count me in as a definite Shadow! Where are we gettin the scoots from? Swag not a prob, could prolly even rustle up a support car! My missus is gettin used to it after Gp! :D

Oh n where the fuck is Bamaga? [?]
Im still in either way, im jst curious!
[8D]

Shadowzone
06-11-2008, 08:54 AM
Mate Bamaga is right at the top of the Cape mate. The furthest point north on the Australian Mainland. Right up top of Qld.

scotty
06-11-2008, 09:22 AM

I can help out there(service manager for aus no 1 scooter importer)[8D]

scotty
06-11-2008, 09:23 AM
Let the flaming commence

Azrael
06-11-2008, 09:44 AM
Damn, if i wasnt so busy id do that, ive got 5 of the fucken things..

Azrael
06-11-2008, 09:46 AM
Does anyone here remember the site barelyridable.com? it was a uk site about rat scooters an scooter chops. I cant find it anywhere..

Weaselman
06-11-2008, 10:29 AM
If you can get a truck i'll drive support

Azrael
06-11-2008, 10:31 AM
Oops http://www.hardlyrideable.co.uk

http://www.streetfighters.com.au/forum/upload/13691824442097.jpg

scotty
06-11-2008, 10:34 AM
got one of them to, if i can get it back together( ute conversion to a 60 series crusier)

Fight_fan
06-11-2008, 10:58 AM

Mate Bamaga is right at the top of the Cape mate. The furthest point north on the Australian Mainland. Right up top of Qld.

OMG! Thats farkin awesome! I jst told my boss I may need to take some serious amounts of leave, but its for a good cause! He couldnt care less! Let the scootering commence! :D

Merlyn
06-11-2008, 11:38 AM
Wow sounds like a plan Shadow!

I can drive support too, or just come along for friendly support :)

Fight_fan
06-11-2008, 12:24 PM
Im all hyped for this hey! I really hope it happens! When were u thinkin of doin it Shadow? Nxt Movember or sooner?

Shadowzone
06-11-2008, 03:11 PM
I was thinking around September followed by flying down to the GP (I'm in Qld so riding to Melbourne parking bike(s) at cousins place in Sunbury and scootering to the cape followed by flying back to Melbourne for GP sounds like fun to me. Only problem is we'll need someone to stop off in Canberra and pick us up some fireworks cause the GP without them just isn't the GP.
Or we could depart from the GP which would give us (and more importantly our sponsors) some awesome promotion and news coverage which is more important. So I'm open to suggestions? I personaly think the more coverage we can generate for the cause and the sponsors the better it will be received so departng from the GP is a better idea.

Weasel, Truck wise I could possibly organise one, but I'm not so sure they'll want it being taken through the Daintree unless we "borrow" an Army Mog. Which could be an even better idea again. I know a few Captains so the Recky can be arranged for it to happen...

Weaselman
06-11-2008, 03:35 PM
Yeah a mog would be good... or even better one of the logistic companys 4WD scanias

Fight_fan
06-11-2008, 03:50 PM
I rekon depart from the Gp! That way everyone will be more aware of our trek, we could even rustle up more donations while we'r down there...

BANDITROD
06-11-2008, 05:54 PM
that sounds like an awsome idea guys and i am even abit keen........ work out your dates and how long it will take and all the rest of that stuff and then start a topic in the all areas meeting section guys you could be onto something here

Weaselman
06-11-2008, 06:05 PM
actually... can we borrow an ASLAV?

or an M113?

Cruisecontrol
06-11-2008, 06:10 PM
quote:Originally posted by Weaselman

actually... can we borrow an ASLAV?

or an M113?

Ex-Armoured?

Only they would want a LAV...

Weaselman
06-11-2008, 06:34 PM
actually i was a bucket pilot
I love M113's

Cruisecontrol
06-11-2008, 06:49 PM
Haha.
Left stick, right stick, fuckstick!

Jockney Rebel
06-11-2008, 06:54 PM

I was thinking around September followed by flying down to the GP (I'm in Qld so riding to Melbourne parking bike(s) at cousins place in Sunbury and scootering to the cape followed by flying back to Melbourne for GP sounds like fun to me. Only problem is we'll need someone to stop off in Canberra and pick us up some fireworks cause the GP without them just isn't the GP.
Or we could depart from the GP which would give us (and more importantly our sponsors) some awesome promotion and news coverage which is more important. So I'm open to suggestions? I personaly think the more coverage we can generate for the cause and the sponsors the better it will be received so departng from the GP is a better idea.

Weasel, Truck wise I could possibly organise one, but I'm not so sure they'll want it being taken through the Daintree unless we "borrow" an Army Mog. Which could be an even better idea again. I know a few Captains so the Recky can be arranged for it to happen...

dave did u get my email ..ive got 4up here definates three mechs and me

davio
06-11-2008, 09:40 PM
clicked ,and almost refrained from pointing out that haggarr has been doin his "little bit" (never heard it called that before)sorry hagarr incurable smartass me

Shadowzone
07-11-2008, 11:16 PM
quote:Originally posted by Jockney Rebel

dave did u get my email ..ive got 4up here definates three mechs and me

I did mate sorry, I've been flat out moving house and haven't had time to set up my email account properly again. I'm still running webmail to check it and hate using it because it's painful so I try to drag out replying unless it's absolutely urgent and can't be avoided.

Well the numbers so far are looking better than I ever expected, so I'm thinking we'll have to limit it to probably 25 or so and work from there...

Jockney Rebel
07-11-2008, 11:26 PM
ok ..but im definately definately on for it ..got my boss to give me time off and i may be able to get Pirtek to sponser this a bit ..maybe

Shadowzone
07-11-2008, 11:46 PM
No worries I'll keep your name on the list as you were one of the original guys to stick your hand in the air. Even when you didn't know what the idea was.

I've also include your mates as well in the numbers, so they'll be there and given we'll probably need to be rebuilding the scooters every night to avoid catastrophic failure it will no doubt come in handy.

Bandit Rod, you're down as well mate.

Fight_fan
08-11-2008, 08:00 AM
Am I in Stu? [?]
Im no mechanic but im fuckin gr8 moral support! ;)

Weaselman
08-11-2008, 10:13 AM
what about meeeeee?

Merlyn
08-11-2008, 12:38 PM
is it a boys only trip? :(

Lucas
17-11-2008, 10:31 PM

No worries I'll keep your name on the list as you were one of the original guys to stick your hand in the air. Even when you didn't know what the idea was.

I've also include your mates as well in the numbers, so they'll be there and given we'll probably need to be rebuilding the scooters every night to avoid catastrophic failure it will no doubt come in handy.

Bandit Rod, you're down as well mate.

I'm in too mate, been granted leave from home:D

Shadowzone
17-11-2008, 10:44 PM
Too easy, I need scotty to email me again I'm having issues with my email so I now have a new email addy.

Lucas
17-11-2008, 10:48 PM
You've got mail too Stu

Jockney Rebel
18-11-2008, 01:02 AM
ive been asked how to get tools ect down to melbourne ..but i reckon some of us will do the drive ..so anybody comin from up her or sydney well have to get a convoy happening 10:4 good buddy

Shadowzone
18-11-2008, 08:27 AM
Lucas I didnt get it, but if you sent it to my old email addy that'll explain it

PM me and I'l reply from the new one.

Oh bugger it PM sent