PDA

View Full Version : Nobody's fool run to Cooma

zrxmick
30-10-2008, 07:20 PM
Who's leaving Melb or outer Melb friday morning?
Which ways, are yah thinkin of going?
Just wondering if we can get a few together for the ride up to Cooma.[8D]

scotty
05-11-2008, 10:46 AM
Think its just kato & stef going but not to shaw. I'm waiting on a judge to tell me if i can go

zrxmick
06-11-2008, 08:02 AM
She who must be obeyed has changed the plans [u]AGAIN</u>, We are now leaving Thursday night after the kiddies have hit the hay.
Will now kip down somewhere past Bairnsdale for the night, so its into the fun roads straight off the bat friday morning, maybe giving us time for a run up Browns Mountain.;)

KATO ZX7
06-11-2008, 08:51 PM
Stef's not going, but Stelf will hopefully be there.

Not sure of the plans as yet, but we will be there.

Watch this space.....................

zrxmick
11-11-2008, 07:52 PM
You guessed it,[:I] she's maybe changing the plans again, now we are waiting on the weather before we dash off.
Kato whats your plans for the trip up too Cooma?

KATO ZX7
11-11-2008, 09:27 PM
We'l be leaving either Thursday night or early Friday morning. Trev's dad lives in Paynesville (just out of Bairnsdale) we mite be crashing there??
Just depends on bub.
Havent worked out what way were going to get to Cooma yet.

Keep watching this space ....................:D

zrxmick
12-11-2008, 05:49 PM
Msg me on my mob thursday night friday morn, we'll see if we can catch up somewhere. my number is in Rogues sos

KATO ZX7
12-11-2008, 08:23 PM
Sweeet, will do ;)

BANDITROD
13-11-2008, 08:19 PM
have fun without me guys make sure you play up like us mexicans do

latheboy
14-11-2008, 06:13 AM
Have a good trip kiddies ...

KATO ZX7
18-11-2008, 01:26 PM
Im back...............

Pics yet to be sorted.....

scotty
18-11-2008, 01:54 PM
You need to sort it or it never happened

zrxmick
18-11-2008, 07:59 PM
Phew, we survived.

1890km. and my butt still feels every single k. Will I do it again? Shyte yes as long as it’s not tomorrow. Ok from the start, the weather played its card Thursday, so a change of route was the first major hurdle, and for once my hunch was right on. So as the weather closed in on us Thursday evening as we still hurriedly packed the bikes, and I mean it was closing in by the minute and it was black as the ace of spades.

So my plan was to bolt via the quickest route over the Great Dividing Range to the North West, and head post hast to Wangaratta for the 1st nights stop over. My hunch paid off here the mountain range did stop a hell of a lot of the rain. We where later told it fair pissed down, and had we not changed the route we would have had a majorly wet and uncomfortable ride. 1 to Me. But that’s not to say we didn’t have our moments.

1st up was the wombat that Donna narrowly missed.
Then there was the bolt that fell out of the rear brake stay arm. So our 2 and a half hr trip to Wangaratta took 3 hrs. Then there was the friendly truckie who lead us through very unfriendly roo country. Big thumbs up to him, and I just love that 100kph speed limited sign cough cough.

So up and at it for a 9 am departure from Wangaratta, via an nuts and bolts place, to do a proper fix on the rear brake stay arm on the bandit. Fixed in 2 minutes thanks to the exhaust joint in the main drag. So it was on to the Hume bloody boring Hwy, with the weather hot on our heals. Next stop Holbrooke, for Gas and a quick feed. And just as we left a few drops of rain. Not enough to stop and drag out the wets but a worry. Some 70 odd k’s later the welcome signs of the Snowy Mtn Hwy exit came into view, at last off the bloody boring Hume. And with minutes we where on some real roads, yep real corners.yeha. But still the weather looked like it was closing in on us. But when we fueled up again at Tumut in a huge valley we could see clouds on both sides of the ridges but nothing but blue skies up the length of the valley.

Now let me tell you the Snowy Mountain Hwy, does have some rough bits, but yeha for the most part it was fun fun fun. We stopped at some caves and thermal pools, gotta go back there for a couple of days to check that out proper. So we rocked into Cooma about 3 pm, most of the NSW and ACT boys where already there knocking back cold ones on the front verandah.

So Saturday it was off for a group ride and a lap of the snowies. About 300 odd k’s of some of the best fun roads in Aust. No offs no tickets, and shyte loads of fun.

But the bandit did throw its speedo drive, and worked one bolt out holding the brake rotor, and all the other bolts was lose.

Sunday was a great ride again we did the half lap around the snowies, along the Murray, then back roads, all the way home in brilliant sunshine.

http://img341.imageshack.us/img341/2273/picture001vz6.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

http://img441.imageshack.us/img441/2939/picture011pc0.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

STELF
18-11-2008, 09:28 PM
Well it was a top weekend some very nice roads, many laughs, sunk plenty of piss and what more do you need?? I'll get up some pics soon;)

KATO ZX7
20-11-2008, 08:26 PM
Ok pics are up in the NSW section.
Ive just lost 1hr of my life so you guys will have to check us out in there [:X][:X]

Jockney Rebel
20-11-2008, 09:24 PM
yous two are top geezas/geezettas....proud to have met ya

KATO ZX7
20-11-2008, 09:32 PM
Awsome, it makes me sound like a kind of elegant animal?!

I like it [}:)]

TurboKat
20-11-2008, 10:16 PM
What happened to the 7 Kato ?

sharky
21-11-2008, 05:58 AM
It got tired trying to keep up with the real bikes...Yam's Suzi's etc...and needed a rest [8D]

KATO ZX7
21-11-2008, 04:36 PM
Sharky , have you been told to go fuckyourself lately?? :D