PDA

View Full Version : Playing on a Metal Lathe

Gsxar
27-10-2008, 07:07 AM
I have decided these Lathe things could be fun ………:D
The idea of making metal things of course sounded cool to me, I new in theory what they did but had never had the chance to have a play.
So when I got the opportunity to take a small metal lathe home and have a play I thought hmmmm this could be fun AND IT WAS. :D[:p]
Far from an expert but I had a fun playing around, made some stoppers for the back brake reservoir & even some paddock stand picks up. Was pretty damn proud of my self lol.:D;)
Now my skill level needs to catch up to all my idea’s
;)

latheboy
27-10-2008, 07:18 AM
Pics or it never happened:D

Looks like i might be out of a job soon;)

Gsxar
27-10-2008, 07:39 AM
Took pics will post later............. Cause I'm working really hard now can't you tell;)
When do you hold classes Ivan[:p] I liked it so much I brought it [:X]

latheboy
27-10-2008, 09:21 AM
If you can read good and stuff i've got a great book from when i was a appentice that you can borrow .... Wear saftey glasses at all times no if's or but's.....

Gsxar
27-10-2008, 12:37 PM
Cool Ivan yeah I can read:D Wouldnt mind borrowing it very keen to learn or let me know whats it called and I will have a search.;)

fimpBIKES
27-10-2008, 03:38 PM
if i had the space i'd be getting a little combo lathe/mill in a flash

have fun!!!

Jockney Rebel
27-10-2008, 06:11 PM
quote:Originally posted by Gsxar

Cool Ivan yeah I can read:D Wouldnt mind borrowing it very keen to learn or let me know whats it called and I will have a search.;)
1st lesson ..lol dont leave the chuck key in the chuck lol i have a friend that has no front teeth due to this

kevkatana
27-10-2008, 09:06 PM
quote:Originally posted by latheboy

If you can read good and stuff i've got a great book from when i was a appentice that you can borrow .... Wear saftey glasses at all times no if's or but's.....

What's wrong with ya. Can't ya handle a bit of hot metal in the eye[:0]:D
I think i've got a similar book. Machinery's Handbook? (23rd edition)

latheboy
27-10-2008, 09:20 PM
I've had some steel in my eye and its not cool ... That's the book but i forgot the name and was just trying to sound smart and shit till i got home to find it ... That's the one Jo, if you can get one do it if not ill get mine to you....

Booster
27-10-2008, 11:51 PM
its not so much the steel in the eye but the having no option but to watch as its removed that realy gets to me...
enjoy the lathe but treat it like its a loaded weapon..

Merlyn
28-10-2008, 12:10 AM
Industrial accidents aren't pretty... make friends with all your fingers (yeah yeah you dirty minded fucks) cos they're normally the first things to go... they get in the way you see.

Jockney Rebel
28-10-2008, 01:43 AM
and dont let weasel within fifty feet of it .....

Merlyn
28-10-2008, 02:17 AM
for gods sake, keep him well away from anything that involves playing with metal... i like all his fingers intact ;)

latheboy
28-10-2008, 06:43 AM
quote:Originally posted by Merlyn

Industrial accidents aren't pretty... make friends with all your fingers (yeah yeah you dirty minded fucks) cos they're normally the first things to go... they get in the way you see.

I've done that too ... I got a stumpy one now ... But i gotta say i havnt been hurt at work in 7 years ... drugs and machines are bad kids

Gsxar
28-10-2008, 10:13 AM
I wear normal glasses isnt that enuff? Tried putting safety ones over the top but they fall off when I move:D
I like all my bits right wear they are thanks - so I will be really careful.
My hair getting caught worries me :( I tie it back, friend said to wear a hairnet - Can be a tuckshop lady lol

Merlyn
28-10-2008, 03:03 PM

I've done that too ... I got a stumpy one now ... But i gotta say i havnt been hurt at work in 7 years ... drugs and machines are bad kids

Who said anything about work?! hehehe dumb shit happens even when youre not at work! :)

JackTar
28-10-2008, 05:15 PM
quote:Originally posted by fimpBIKES

if i had the space i'd be getting a little combo lathe/mill in a flash

have fun!!!

I have got a pretty big garage fimp I will let you buy one put it in there and come down and use it whenever you like.

BANDITROD
28-10-2008, 06:19 PM

I wear normal glasses isnt that enuff? Tried putting safety ones over the top but they fall off when I move:D
My hair getting caught worries me :( I tie it back, friend said to wear a hairnet - Can be a tuckshop lady lol

normal glasse's wont protect you properly you need to shop around for the right type of saftey glasse's and take it from me mate i use these machines daily and they dont forgive so you are better off looking like you are ready to be shot out of a rocket than having an eye removed because of infection which dosent take long to set in then you will look something like this;) or if very unlucky you will look like this[xx(] but if you take our advice you will look like this:D and will be able to make all sorts of shit for your fighter

latheboy
28-10-2008, 07:56 PM
^^^^^^^^ X2 ...

latheboy
28-10-2008, 07:57 PM

Who said anything about work?! hehehe dumb shit happens even when youre not at work! :)

What are you talking about;):D

sharky
28-10-2008, 08:04 PM
As Latheboy said...scary having a bit removed from your eye...
Mate in the uk got a splinter...they freeze your eye and numb it and you get to watch the tweezers coming closer and closer...and then they're in ya eye ball....[8D]

Weaselman
28-10-2008, 08:14 PM
eeeeeeeeeewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

sharky
28-10-2008, 08:19 PM
Yeah, he said it was the worst thing he's ever had done...

JackTar
28-10-2008, 08:34 PM
quote:Originally posted by sharky

Yeah, he said it was the worst thing he's ever had done...

Yeah? I had a cyst cut off one of me nuts once that was pretty ordinary.

Merlyn
28-10-2008, 11:00 PM
ive had cocaine on my cervix...

JackTar
28-10-2008, 11:15 PM
I'm not even going to ask.

Merlyn
29-10-2008, 01:45 AM
hehehe :D

Fight_fan
29-10-2008, 07:51 AM
I am... Fess up!

Gsxar
29-10-2008, 09:26 AM

Yeah more infor needed on that one [:p]

gibbo
29-10-2008, 09:58 AM
What happened, did Weasle sneeze [:0][?]

KATO ZX7
29-10-2008, 10:49 AM
quote:Originally posted by gibbo

What happened, did Weasle sneeze [:0][?]
Gold !!

C'mon we want more information :D

Merlyn
29-10-2008, 03:52 PM
hehe it was actually just a medical procedure... to prevent little bundles of horror... i was in a lot of pain so my gynae decided pure cocaine was in order, and dabbed it on there :)

Did weasel sneeze... bahahahahahahahahahahahaha thats gold

sharky
29-10-2008, 04:07 PM
Its great for toothache too...so I've heard [:0]

Razorback
30-10-2008, 08:38 AM

[quote]Originally posted by Merlyn

Pictures or it never happened :D

pappas
30-10-2008, 10:08 AM
Gyno's have pure coke handy?!?!?.....

Razorback
30-10-2008, 02:54 PM
Yeah Pappas.... just one more reason we all wish we chose that profession LOL

Shadowzone
30-10-2008, 03:47 PM
quote:Originally posted by BANDITROD

normal glasse's wont protect you properly you need to shop around for the right type of saftey glasse's and take it from me mate i use these machines daily and they dont forgive so you are better off looking like you are ready to be shot out of a rocket than having an eye removed because of infection which dosent take long to set in then you will look something like this;) or if very unlucky you will look like this[xx(] but if you take our advice you will look like this:D and will be able to make all sorts of shit for your fighter

Just get one of those full face shields. You can still wear ya specs then and it will stop the little nasty bits hitting ya eyes as well.

That's all I ever did when I was working on the machines.

BANDITROD
30-10-2008, 07:30 PM
^^^^^^^what he said