PDA

View Full Version : Damos blades back MK3

damo1
23-10-2007, 03:44 PM
http://www.streetfighters.com.au/forum/upload/56049838297265.JPG

Well here she is its been a while since ive posted any pics of it.

Ive fitted a moded k2 gixer seat unit and ive welded in wr750 gixer single seat cowl to finish it off.

Moded the orig sub frame and also knocked up a bolt on subframe to bolt onto the orig to take the gixer seat.

Its also got the moto FX under tray.

The pipe seems to follow the lines of the bike now not like before.

Ive mounted the indicators low and under the body work rather than on the sides.

Feddback appreciated good and bad.;)

damo1
23-10-2007, 03:46 PM
http://www.streetfighters.com.au/forum/upload/560498382101457.JPG

From behind you can see the indicators down the sides under the body work.:D

damo1
23-10-2007, 03:48 PM
http://www.streetfighters.com.au/forum/upload/56049838281331.JPG

Im really happy with it got a nice kick in the tail and thinned out the fat bottum girl i had before.

In the back ground is the missus new Dodge nitro SXT.

fimpBIKES
23-10-2007, 03:53 PM
definitely has some nice line mate

tails a bit porky for my liking, but it does suit the tank
would have that "factory" look with a different headlight and a single colour paint scheme

fimpBIKES
23-10-2007, 04:00 PM
actually, i quite like the dark rear

if the fender was the same colour u would be onto something i think

Gix11
23-10-2007, 04:10 PM
Mate. Now you're cooking! That looks shit loads better. I'd probably piss the lights and clocks off as they are ruining the lines now, but with a decent paint job (and you're just the man) that thing will come together awesomely mate. Glad to see so many bikes taking shape at the moment. This year's AFR is going to rock!

damo1
23-10-2007, 04:44 PM
quote:Originally posted by fimpBIKES

definitely has some nice line mate

tails a bit porky for my liking, but it does suit the tank
would have that "factory" look with a different headlight and a single colour paint scheme

The tails not as porky as before Fimpmister[?]

Gix:Its going to get a two tone colour through the rear, gloss black through the line you can see under the seat right up to the point of the tail (under that line and also the under tray)
And the same orange as the tank over the top of it.

Gloss black front guard its done with rattle can gloss at the mo.

And yes ive been thinking exactly along the lines you mentioned Gix ditch the clocks and lihts and go for a very minimal front with just two little lights pretty much the same sort of set up as the Iceman has gone for.

Oh by the way fimp you need to seriously get those cans on your TL sorted they look fuckn terrible from behind i followed you down at the island and even my missus commented on how shit they looked.
Im not trying to be a prick just giving you some feedback on your bike.;)

HueyonaBlade
23-10-2007, 05:05 PM
Getting there nicely Damo for mine though I think that if you go to minimal at the front with little lights it will look way too heavy at the rear IU think that you will need a fairing of some sought up front to balance it out but still maybe just some paint will give it a different effect as it is......[:p]

damo1
23-10-2007, 05:11 PM
quote:Originally posted by HueyonaBlade

Getting there nicely Damo for mine though I think that if you go to minimal at the front with little lights it will look way too heavy at the rear IU think that you will need a fairing of some sought up front to balance it out but still maybe just some paint will give it a different effect as it is......[:p]

Yeah maybe your right might have to have a bit of a play before comitting to anything i think.;)

Large
23-10-2007, 05:18 PM
quote:Gix:Its going to get a two tone colour through the rear, gloss black through the line you can see under the seat right up to the point of the tail (under that line and also the under tray)

Something like this?
http://www.streetfighters.com.au/forum/upload/56049855487532.jpg

lewis
23-10-2007, 05:29 PM
that is looking sweet, love the arse end and exhaust! I reckon swap your clocks out for a smaller unit and bring that headlight in to the forks, my 2 cents :)

HueyonaBlade
23-10-2007, 05:42 PM
I rekon you've nailed it large, What about a belly pan Damo?

damo1
23-10-2007, 05:44 PM
quote:Originally posted by Large

quote:Gix:Its going to get a two tone colour through the rear, gloss black through the line you can see under the seat right up to the point of the tail (under that line and also the under tray)

Something like this?
http://www.streetfighters.com.au/forum/upload/56049855487532.jpg

Yes mate something like that;)
Thanks for that it takes away the guessing in my head that looks sweet i wish i could do all that basic stuff on this electronic type writer[:([:I]

fimpBIKES
23-10-2007, 05:47 PM
shit eh?

which bit of the ride were u tailing me on?
need the $$$ to get the system where i want it (gonna actually pay someone to do the headers [:O]

damo1
23-10-2007, 05:48 PM
quote:Originally posted by HueyonaBlade

I rekon you've nailed it large, What about a belly pan Damo?

Mate ive ummd and arrrd about it and im not 100% sold on them i really like the full nakid look so unless something really jumps out and gob smacks me i think im going to run with out one.

Cruisecontrol
23-10-2007, 05:50 PM
quote:Originally posted by damo1

Water your lawn.

damo1
23-10-2007, 06:00 PM

shit eh?

which bit of the ride were u tailing me on?
need the $$$ to get the system where i want it (gonna actually pay someone to do the headers [:O]

Mate im not 100% sure on the exact place we sort of kept swaping the lead i think.

I passed you in a servo in bairndale i think from memory and i think it (sorry if i get your name wrong)pezz with the GPZ9 with the ZX10 donk in it as well in traffic. then we were stopped and you rode passed and then we drove passed and you were stopped again.

But we followed you out of cowes i think it was on the island when the missus commented on it.

She actually said "what the hell is that thing"

i laughed out loud and told it was your bike

and she said "did he do the pipes like that"

i told her that you were not finished and it was still work in
progress

I laughed out loud again and told her it was a bit tough

And she just turned to me and said "harsh but fair i recon"
And she says"thank god for that cause they look like shit"

fimpBIKES
23-10-2007, 06:04 PM
haha, not bad for bunging some 45degree bends onto yoshi headers though :D

u shoulda flashed me or something mate, would be good to catch up (with YOUR MISSUS! [:X])

hooligan
23-10-2007, 06:06 PM
Larges paint job finishes it off nicely, but you do need to do something with the lights & clocks. Either so minimal you don't notice them, or something with a bit of visual weight. the unit at the moment is sorta stuck somewhere in the middle, in my opinion.

damo1
23-10-2007, 06:42 PM
quote:Originally posted by Cruisecontrol

Water your lawn.

Bahaha getfuck it a rental not my prob :D;)

BANDITROD
23-10-2007, 09:02 PM
looking good damo i like the mr large paint scheme the tail looks the goods and are you painting the front gaurd orange or going with the black

BANDITROD
23-10-2007, 09:03 PM
or even just a orange stripe up the guts of the gaurd might break it up a bit

gibbo
23-10-2007, 10:50 PM
Looks bloody good as it is mate, all black with the orange tank. As for the belly pan what about a small one that covers the bottom end of the engine? I find that squared off sump area pretty ugly. Could you make something that covers just the bottom leaving the headers on show? If I had any idea how to use paint program I'd show you what I mean.

gibbo
23-10-2007, 11:05 PM
http://www.streetfighters.com.au/forum/upload/76944713584362.JPG

well something like that anyway

zx12argh
24-10-2007, 12:42 PM
I'm thinking that matt paint makes the arse look bigger then it is - still looks bootilicious mate ;) but if its going to end up anything like larges paint job then yupp two thumbs up from me - i reckon if you just get that HPC for your headers in silver/chrome that would tidy it up nicely

damo1
24-10-2007, 07:52 PM
I was going to go with black for the guard and that way its all black through the bottom to go with the wheels and orange over the top to match the tank and the fly screen.

As`for the pipes maybe black not really into chrome and polished alloy the frame fuckn sux to keep polished id like to do it matt/gloss black one day aswell.

Darn
24-10-2007, 09:58 PM
Hey Damo, lookin good mate. Tail looks the goods, swinger still looks short with that tail, i guess only a single seat stubby would have the wheel past the rear.
think your on to a good thing with the painted frame idea, I love mine black. just mocked this one up for you...:Dhttp://www.streetfighters.com.au/forum/upload/769448964273014.jpg

speeddemon
24-10-2007, 11:20 PM
looks good mate!

damo1
25-10-2007, 08:53 AM
quote:Originally posted by Darn

Hey Damo, lookin good mate. Tail looks the goods, swinger still looks short with that tail, i guess only a single seat stubby would have the wheel past the rear.
think your on to a good thing with the painted frame idea, I love mine black. just mocked this one up for you...:Dhttp://www.streetfighters.com.au/forum/upload/769448964273014.jpg

Man that looks sweet cant wait to get the rest done that frame looks awesome black;)

HueyonaBlade
25-10-2007, 09:11 PM
Fark yeah havn your frame black doesnt make it look as bulky ,
Out with the tools and spray can Damo:D

RUSS M8
27-10-2007, 05:59 PM
Looks horn Damo! The new tail flows with the swinger and pipe good :)

That last photoshop effort really looks cool too

Darn
01-11-2007, 08:45 PM
Hey Damo, here's how she'd look with my tail. maybe see you at the show on sat mate.

http://www.streetfighters.com.au/forum/upload/84590500284396.jpg

FIGHTERMC
02-11-2007, 09:32 PM
comin along well there damo
that frame looks the dogs black.

damo1
03-11-2007, 06:04 PM
Ha Darn you sly fucker you know what i just realized looking at you mock up of my bike is that you moved the headlight back up again.

You no i was looking at it thinking it dont look right and the head light looked way to high again but flicking between pics i finally worked it out.:D;)

As for your tail looks great on your bike but not 100% sold on them on early mod blades each to there own though.

Darn
05-11-2007, 08:38 PM
Ha, yeah it's like wheres wally, how many changes can you find children???

damo1
10-11-2007, 04:33 PM
Right here it goes then

Moved lights

Your seat

Blackened Frame/rear sets/heel plates

Blackened can

Rear indicators no plate (not mine)

Darkened all the stuff under the frame/tank

Deleted half the throttle cables

Deleted the horn.

I think thats it[?]

How did i go[?]:D

damo1
30-11-2007, 09:40 AM
Righto then ive fitted the flat bars that i got ive posted before and after shots i actually really like the look it makes it look lower and meaner that before.[}:)]

Your opinions again please.:Dand yes good and bad appreciated.;)

Below orig renthals

http://www.streetfighters.com.au/forum/upload/91192460797000.JPG

damo1
30-11-2007, 09:42 AM
And yes before you say it the screen is crookered its getting replaced soon.

http://www.streetfighters.com.au/forum/upload/91192460796934.JPG

damo1
30-11-2007, 09:44 AM
These next couple are with the flat bars fitted.:)

http://www.streetfighters.com.au/forum/upload/91192460790632.JPG

damo1
30-11-2007, 09:47 AM
So what do you recon[?]

Havnt had a chance to ride it yet ive got the kids all day so tomorrow will be the test.

Feels pretty nice to sit on though,be interesting at speed.

I feel alot of suspention tuning coming up again to get it right.

http://www.streetfighters.com.au/forum/upload/91192460792448.JPG

zx12argh
30-11-2007, 12:30 PM
Looking good - i actually like the renthals better... but i hate that acerbis light - its just soooo fucking common. Your tail is coming up a treat mate. This is going to come up tuff mate :D

Gix11
30-11-2007, 04:41 PM
Yea, the drag bars work well in the aesthetics department mate. If they feel good, keep them for sure.

fimpBIKES
30-11-2007, 08:09 PM
yes to flat bars

NOT an acerbis light Mr Zx

RUSS M8
30-11-2007, 08:16 PM
Leaner and meaner mate :)

I can feel a new headlight and a paint job coming up.... :)

BANDITROD
30-11-2007, 08:55 PM
flat bars is a definate for me damo i am in process of fitting them to my ride aswell

FIGHTERMC
30-11-2007, 11:05 PM
damo i had the drag bars on mine
and found them shit but thats the roads
i drive on and also my bad neck.
when i changed over the renthals
the difference has unreal found i was more in
control of the bike than with the drag bars.
different strokes for different folks and all that.

damo1
02-12-2007, 07:37 AM

yes to flat bars

NOT an acerbis light Mr Zx

Cheers for the feed back guys rode yesterday and also today and must say im really liking the riding position.
Needs a bit of fiddling with the suspension though.

Yes Mr fimp is right it aint a acerbis its a rage unit off Stu.
And it is getting releaved of duties shortly.

damo1
02-12-2007, 07:41 AM
quote:Originally posted by zx12argh

Looking good - i actually like the renthals better... but i hate that acerbis light - its just soooo fucking common. Your tail is coming up a treat mate. This is going to come up tuff mate :D

Your right about the light unit being common:D

I was thinking of going with a twin set up like yours but then there really common and old school arnt they.:D;)

Darn
02-12-2007, 02:28 PM
Love the drag bars Damo, Speaking of drags, us Sydney guys should head out to WSID on wed nights.... eh... eh...

TurboKat
02-12-2007, 02:57 PM
Yeah Damo the drag bars look way better, quite appropriate too seeing as how you like to dress up in womens clothes. [:I]

zx12argh
03-12-2007, 12:43 PM

quote:Originally posted by zx12argh

Your right about the light unit being common:D

I was thinking of going with a twin set up like yours but then there really common and old school arnt they.:D;)

Yeah but mine are matt black and its a scientific fact that anything painted matt black is instantly cool. :D

fimpBIKES
03-12-2007, 01:15 PM
:D