PDA

View Full Version : g'day, gsxrdan1 here - but I ride a Honda!

gsxrdan1
18-10-2008, 11:54 AM
Ok, so I joined up for the classifieds, but i'm a certified streetfighter nut - bikes just shouldn't be left 'standard'; my ride, my way! My first road bike was a gsx250s, I chopped out the airbox and made up some pod filters, 2 into 1 exhaust and changed the rear sprocket to cope with all that extra power (at least another half a kilowatt!) a while later and after several more older bikes including a gs650 shaft drive that i welded a kat 1100 fairing to, I had the privilege of mashing my yzf750 under the back of a stopped car... mind you the car had been moving at 60kph only milliseconds previously... but to her credit I guess back in the Philippines she was used to stopping whenever she damn well liked - peak hour or not! But I digress, the awesome thing about the stack (after the pethidine of course!) was that I now had a perfectly unnecessary excuse to streetfighter my modern sportsbike! Chopped the duck tail and made it a solo with a bob seat, lots of work including puttiing on a cheap set of front spotlights; had the forks straightened and re chromed (place in adelaide does a magnificent job of precision grinding and chroming) and promptly some fucker stole the nearly finished project! So back to work I went and hit the overtime till I could afford another project bike. A SRAD 96 gsxr750 came my way courtesy of an insurance write off, so began my love affair with this weapon of a model - so sharp and focussed! I was gonna fighter it, honest, but it just looked soooo good in standard guise I brought it back to almost original - tho i added some kwaka 750 grab rails to the duck tail for essential passenger safety and comfort, that beast was good enough to have the needle heading off the clock to where 320kph would have been!!! tho I didn't really believe the gauge :) erm... it was a 1 off incident, had spent 6 months building the bike and had to see what it could do!! :) sorry officer...
I sold the gix cause i was using the last mm of rubber on the back wheel and found myself wanting more power for the lights and maybe i needed a 1000cc gix and... WHAT THE FUCK was i thinking??? 320kph on public roads??!!and i wanted MORE!?!?!?! so i sold it for a profit, got to ride it for a year and learned a lot, all good. I've been riding since age of 4, got a car license 5 years after getting a bike license, and i get quite depressed when i don't have a bike... so i went and bought another project. 5 years later i'm still working on it, but have done another 3 bikes in the meantime, and this is one sick mean beast of a fighters bodyguard - an ex-australian superbike from 1986, a vfr 750, the very first model made, bought by mobil race team and filled with all sorts HRC junk like titanium conrods and HRC heads and race trans, showa forks and shock, showa radiator, back in 86 they were allowed to do a lot of mods for superbikes!!! (rumour has it mal campbell rode for mobil on a honda in 86 and won the championship - was it on my bike?) between then and me the bike did ride days at phillip island, then became a burnout comp winner, including its last run at ponde 2000 where it took the title again. I got it with rats nesting in the airbox and compressed ratshit in 2 of the cylinders, i thought it had bent valves at first cause of all the shit almost stopping it being turned over!!! Well now its a full road bike, marsechini forks and astralite race rims, tokiko 6 pot brakes from an SRAD and rgv disks, BIG billet triple clamps and enough of my own fabricated parts to build a mock-up (of something made of a lot of parts...) made a rear wheel hugger in the oven; used high temp gold paint and baked the toxic shit hard in the oven too! I'll put up another post about it in the honda section with lots of juicy details and pix- gets me another post closer to telling you all about my SRAD parts for sale!!! :) cheers, and pleased to meet ya!
Dan.

gsxrdan1
18-10-2008, 01:55 PM
http://www.streetfighters.com.au/forum/upload/77635195136378.JPG

Honda '86 VFR 750

A fair bit more's been done since this pic, but my laptop has died and taken all my photo's with it!!!

BillyWhizz888
18-10-2008, 02:10 PM
Welcome [8D]

Tone
18-10-2008, 02:29 PM
Srad Parts ????
And welcome,I like them wheels.Did you drill them or is that how they came?

Azrael
18-10-2008, 05:12 PM
320 on a 750? worlds fastest 750 eh, shoulda kept it!

Welcome

gsxrdan1
18-10-2008, 05:51 PM
SRAD parts! a whole bike's worth plus some!! I'll tell you about them after a few more posts :)

And erm...ahh, yep - factory speedo's are renown or inaccuracy, in reality maybe the 290 region, it did have tall sprockets; but I still liked what the gauge said!!

It was a very nice bike, sold it to one of the mechanic's at the shop I bought the wreck from - he promptly made it a wreck again, sad but true.

I have another SRAD now with lots of nice bits, bought it as a wreck and almost finished it as a mild fighter job, then found big flat areas on both polished rims, areas that left the factory as round, but must have hit a big flat hard surface very quickly!! so now all the beautiful parts that go into a sleek black 96 SRAD with a 2001 ducktail and full Hindle system are for sale - but i'll wait till i've lulled you all into a false sense of security before offering parts for sale... damn nice bike too...

gsxrdan1
18-10-2008, 05:52 PM
Oh sorry, the wheels are 3 peice surrounded with big alloy rivets holding them together, tho I can see how they look like holes!

zx12argh
18-10-2008, 06:46 PM
Welcome aboard mate good read - got to be the longest intro ever ;)
Nice ass but need some more shots...

latheboy
18-10-2008, 08:23 PM
Welcome bud ... cant be fucked reading right now ... eyes wont stay still ;)

Tone
19-10-2008, 06:04 AM
quote:Originally posted by gsxrdan1

Oh sorry, the wheels are 3 peice surrounded with big alloy rivets holding them together, tho I can see how they look like holes!

Yeah,didn't think they were holes but have seen others done similar (not 3 piece), drilled then double head allen bolts used.
Those wheels (yours) look like the honda com star things of yore a bit.

gsxrdan1
19-10-2008, 06:44 PM
Ive been told they are Astralite wheels (not sure on spelling)apparently good on lightweight bikes like 400's but maybe too much flex for a heavy old 750... but i wont be racing it so that shouldn't be a concern... they do look damn sexy tho...

Z Power
19-10-2008, 06:50 PM
Welcome aboard mate

KATO ZX7
21-10-2008, 09:50 AM
Welcome Dan

scotty
21-10-2008, 10:53 AM
^^^

slickncghia
21-10-2008, 11:09 AM
more photos....and welcome

xb9r
21-10-2008, 07:15 PM
Holly shit that is the longest intro I have ever seen will read it later..... welcome aboard mate

morrigan
21-10-2008, 08:29 PM
Welcome dan

wackyrider
22-10-2008, 09:57 PM
Welcome mate

More pics ey!!!

hehe

gsxrdan1
22-10-2008, 10:26 PM
Hey yall, pics are winging the way to the gallery now - if i were but a net nerd novice id be able to put more pics here, but alas I am less than talented and too stupid to work it out...

geesexar
23-10-2008, 09:55 AM
gday mate and welcome to the madness..have you got the honda regoed yet?

Gix11
23-10-2008, 05:40 PM
Here's some more of Dan's VFR 750:

http://www.streetfighters.com.au/images/gallery/honda/gsxrdan/vfr1.jpg

http://www.streetfighters.com.au/images/gallery/honda/gsxrdan/vfr2.jpg

http://www.streetfighters.com.au/images/gallery/honda/gsxrdan/vfr3.jpg

http://www.streetfighters.com.au/images/gallery/honda/gsxrdan/vfr4.jpg

RUSS M8
23-10-2008, 06:16 PM
Certainly havn't seen anything else quite like that before!

gsxrdan1
23-10-2008, 07:46 PM
Thanks to Si for circumventing my inadequacy's and posting my pix for me!! Cheers guys