PDA

View Full Version : Needed GSXR1000, TL1000 & Busa Clutch Assy

DCRacing
15-10-2008, 08:04 AM
If anyone has a GSXR1000 clutch assy they would like to part with let me know, either one with or with out the slipper clutch, i think K3 or something onwards had them? don't know for sure, Also a TL clutch assy & a Busa clutch assy.
Mostly looking for these to play around on the old oil cooled motors to fit up a slipper for racing, circut not drag. I do not need them on a permanant basis so if you want them back it is no big issue, just looking for sizing and compatability, and when i find what works then i will buy one.

DCRacing
15-10-2008, 08:06 AM
Or a TLR1000 clutch assy, i don't know if there is a difference between the TLS and TLR, if there isn't one then i only need one of them.

Stocky
15-10-2008, 05:21 PM
If you want a slipper clutch you need a GSXR1000 K5-K8 or a GSXR750 K4-K8

The rest of them are only "back torque limiting" they are not slipper clutches.

The TL/Busa ones are supposed to disengage after a certain amount of engine braking. In reality they usually just judder and carry on, do nothing, or slip all the time.

The GSXR ones give a proper "slipper" action that can be adjusted and "tuned" etc. It's smooth and proportional as it should be.

You do need to add the 3 extra oil holes to the basket to get them to work really well. There are a few more tricks too.

You can read up a bit on them here....

http://www.gixxer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=136907

DCRacing
15-10-2008, 06:52 PM
Thanks Stocky,
Anyone got a K5-K8 1000 or a K4-K8 750 clutch assy they would want to part with?
Oz or Papa Smurf do you guys know anyone in the dragracing scene who might have an old one they swapped out for a lock up clutch?