PDA

View Full Version : My oil cooler is a slut

latheboy
20-10-2007, 01:35 PM
Thats right you heard it here first .. My oil cooler is in heat and is dripping for it .. Fuck .. I went for a blast this morning before going to work , stopped for a smoke and when i got back there was a nice little puddle of oil under the cooler .. So the question is , Where can i get it welded up (Aluminium) ? I've found the hole ,its one of the cores at the front .. Ghey[V]

BANDITROD
20-10-2007, 03:13 PM
can it be silver soldered or not . maybe you could try someone that makes intercoolers in your area im sure they would be able to help

Issues
20-10-2007, 04:05 PM
cant silversolder ally, some aircon people may be able to put you onto someone who does there repairs, if they repair there cores. otherwise your local ally radiator fabricator or intercooler builder. There is a bloke in berwick from a 4x4 forum that does ally intercoolers that may repair it, I dont know him well or even if its close to you, but if you get stuck I could ask. He is a boilermaker but dont hold that against him

latheboy
20-10-2007, 04:21 PM
I had thought of going to an intercooler place but wanted to see if anyone here knew of someone first .. trying to keep it in the family ..
Berwick isjust done the roadish but a boilermaker are you sure ??? haha ... ill preasure test it monday and find the leak first she might be totaled ...
Werd

TurboKat
20-10-2007, 04:54 PM
Aviation Welding, Florence St. Burwood. Ph. 1800lookitupyourselfyoulazycunt
Pete there is a welding God, I've seen heaps of intercoolers, aircon cores & that sort of shit there, if he can't do it, nobody can.
It's 2 mins from my joint, drop in for a beer when you take it down there G.

Johnnie5
20-10-2007, 05:16 PM
for the quick and easy solution head to repco or the like, Loctite make a product called radiator fix or other brands make liquid steal , its a putty , roll it in your finer, plug up hole, dries hard , prob fixed

BANDITROD
21-10-2007, 05:03 PM
quote:Originally posted by latheboy

I had thought of going to an intercooler place but wanted to see if anyone here knew of someone first .. trying to keep it in the family ..
Berwick isjust done the roadish but a boilermaker are you sure ??? haha ... ill preasure test it monday and find the leak first she might be totaled ...
Werd
yeah im sure but my whole apprentiship was working at a feild bin workshop so i didnt have much experience in anything else thats why i dont do it any more mate anyways good luck

HueyonaBlade
21-10-2007, 08:43 PM
If you havent had any luck yet crazy Ivan the guys at Bike Rads in Dandenong build and repair intercoolers , oil coolers and everything of the like and they are pretty cheap to get all the ports turned around for my radiator it cost $80 they quoted me about the $250 for a complete new custom Radiator so I think thats not to bad;)

gibbo
21-10-2007, 09:34 PM
Hey Ivan, my brother repairs radiators for a living, works in Ferntree Gully, give me a call if you want I can drop it off to him for ya.

latheboy
22-10-2007, 06:39 AM
Rockun roll ... Thanks guys .. My people will be in touch with your people
Werd

cammy9r
28-10-2007, 09:22 PM
i fixxed my coolant rad with a product called easyweld, its like a solder for aluminium. It was £20 for the kit and it had about a dozen rods in it.

http://www.easyweld.com/

demos http://www.easyweld.com/videos.cfm

In fact going to the site again i found the aussie dealers of easyweld.

http://www.durafix.com.au/index.php