PDA

View Full Version : Expressions of interest

Razorback
08-10-2008, 05:46 PM
I am strapped enough for cash right now to be considering the horrific posibility of having to part with the Kat.

It is a complete last resort and right now I am just seeing what people might offer to weigh up my options. If I got what I know its worth I would sell it, but if not I will sleep on the street next to it before I let it go for less.

So that said...

83 Kat
Exstensive professional frame mods to incorporate :
1229 EFE motor, custom 4 into 1 - Flatslides, foam filters
GSXR conversion front and rear
17" GSXR wheels 180 rear
HD Clutch
GSXR brakes
Mono Shock
Some body mods like late model 750 tank with aircraft style fuel cap rather than the dodgy old Kat original
New Indicators
Hugger
GSXR instruments and bar gear
Brand new chain and rear cog (500km)
Registered till September in SA - no encumberances

Overall attention to detail in the build is amazing. I had owned it a couple of weeks before I noticed the brackets holding the plastics on had been rebuilt and chromed along with the battery holder. Its just the icing that you see every time you have a close look at the work. Fat tidy welds, chroming and coating in places you dont even see, plastic caps on the ends of things that have clearly been made to measure.

It goes so bloody well, I really am in love with it and I wont even go on any more about tough it is to even think about letting it go. Its a pleasure to ride and has awesome power. It sounds totally old skool and people gather round it everywhere you go. God help you if you are in a hurry and there are 3 or more 40+ y/o old guys near it.... youll be talking for f/en ages :D

Anyway.... Bullshit aside...

It has no major vices... it could do with some tinkering around the throttle, which has 3mm of play that shits me and I cant get it out... if I keep it I am pulling the whole bloody assembly out and prolly replacing the cable.. but everyone who feels it reckons Im a fussy bitch. It has a small crack in the front guard... look hard youll see it. Tiny stone dings here n there, what youd expect. But what you see in the pics is how it is.

Buy it, ride it away basically... [V]

Im not even putting a number... just email me if your serious and we can talk...I will give you my mobile.

Cheers

http://www.streetfighters.com.au/forum/upload/53239798792509.jpg

http://www.streetfighters.com.au/forum/upload/53239798769593.jpg

http://www.streetfighters.com.au/forum/upload/53239798782073.jpg

http://www.streetfighters.com.au/forum/upload/53239798791468.jpg

http://www.streetfighters.com.au/forum/upload/53239798786436.jpg

Weaselman
08-10-2008, 05:56 PM
I'll give you my XJR:)

Cruisecontrol
08-10-2008, 06:41 PM
How about a swap?

http://www.streetfighters.com.au/forum/upload/532398166297038.jpg

2006 model, runs well.

All in all he is a great kid and I am sure I will miss him.

BANDITROD
08-10-2008, 06:46 PM
lmfao dan

RUSS M8
08-10-2008, 07:07 PM
haha, good call! :D

Razorback
08-10-2008, 09:46 PM
ROFL thats cool man.... but Ill pass... cheers

geesexar
10-10-2008, 06:11 AM
PETE DONT DO IT...you'll regret it mate..i sold my first 7/11 and just never got over it..so i bought another one

slickncghia
10-10-2008, 08:41 AM
not even gonna put up a ballpark to give us a figure to start saving for?

tough bike though

Razorback
10-10-2008, 09:17 AM
I dont want to put a price on it.... not because I think I will limit it.... but because to some people this bike is worth the cost of a stocker plus the mods. To others its a dream to own one and they value the whole very differently.

And LOL I know Gee.... Im hoping it wont come to that.... but its a nice easy solution to the fact that Im eating 2 minute noodles right now trying to keep my mortgage running :(

fimpBIKES
10-10-2008, 09:32 AM
i dunno mate, its got to be worth at least 10??

i should edit that...
I THINK ITS FUCKIN BEAUTIFUL
the first born son thing above is totally valid

but thats based on me buying mine
which had a modified frame (with eng cert) at the start of 2006 for 3grand or so

not that i dare compare the 2, yours clearly shits all over mine
no doubt at all!!!!

sorry to hear you have hit hard times

you should rent it out like a high class prostitute
i'd pay $500 for half a day [:X]

Razorback
10-10-2008, 01:00 PM
Preciate the kind words Fimp. She is one of a kind and thats what makes it so hard.

Shadowzone
10-10-2008, 03:12 PM
quote:Originally posted by fimpBIKES

i dunno mate, its got to be worth at least $10.00??

Well I'll go $25.00 and a bottle of OP Rum to drown ya sorrows in.

O.K. and a box of beer too and I'll even make it a 30 Pack.

Honestly mate don't do it. Sell your firstborn in asia keep the bike. It'll be so much less hassle in another 10 or so years...

Razorback
10-11-2008, 11:46 AM
By the way..... I would consider a swap for a VTR1000/SP1 in suitable condition.

Fight_fan
10-11-2008, 01:32 PM
I'l swap u for a kidney n my left nut! Keep em cold n u'l get good $$$ for em on the black market I promise u!

Nah as the others have said, that'd be such a shame to let it go... I hope better times befall u real soon buddy! Good luck!

Razorback
11-11-2008, 10:58 AM
Well as it turns out.... The interest rate drops have pretty much turned the tide. Im surviving now instead of going backwards and my job is well paid and secure... so Im counting my blessings and hanging on right now :)

zx12argh
11-11-2008, 12:03 PM
If you had posted this at the start of the year I could have had a sweet Katana and you would have had a VTR1000 and a bucket full of regrets... Glad its turned around for you mate :D

Razorback
11-11-2008, 12:14 PM
Cheers....... coz the thought of selling it woz doing my head in.

pt
12-11-2008, 06:43 PM
quote:Originally posted by Razorback

Well as it turns out.... The interest rate drops have pretty much turned the tide. Im surviving now instead of going backwards and my job is well paid and secure... so Im counting my blessings and hanging on right now :)

FUCKING ACE!

that is awesome news, i'm gonna tell everyone that i saw someone on the internet who is doing better now the market has gone to shit:D

you could have had my un-conceived, unborn first born son though if you thought about selling it again:)

Matt
14-11-2008, 06:27 AM
Interest rates are tipped to come down again mate so there is better news on the horizon for ya, hang in there!

Razorback
14-11-2008, 06:28 AM
Do I get to assist in the conception ?

Hey anyone with a good job is probably gonna do better over the next 2 years of downside than they did in the last 2 years of the upside. Least stuff gets cheaper in a recession.... trick is having the money to buy it.

pt
16-11-2008, 02:48 PM
quote:Originally posted by Razorback

Do I get to assist in the conception ?

Hey anyone with a good job is probably gonna do better over the next 2 years of downside than they did in the last 2 years of the upside. Least stuff gets cheaper in a recession.... trick is having the money to buy it.

no:)

and very true, good time to be getting promoted etc..